Make DS 2 time use without a skillcheck

Make it a real anti tunneling perk that ONLY does its job, but does it good.

you get tunneled after the first hook? no skill check needed, youre free

youre then getting tunneled after second hook? no skill check needed, youre free :)

You got off a hook, got healed and now sit on a gen and the killer downs you again?

NOPE no DS for you, because I. Didnt. tunnel. you.

Just make it deactivate on actions --> Healing, Totem cleansing, Gen repairing, vautling the same window for 3 times (because I already see the "HEY TUNNEL ME" survivors making noise until you wanna uninstall.

I dont get the problem with a rework like that.

People say "its against tunneling you cant nerf it"

then you adress problems and people say

"its not an anti tunnel perk!"

So what is it now? and why is it so strong?

I dont tunnel, I am MADE a tunneler by survivors who unhook a just hooked survivor while being injured and then complain I tunnel?

BUFF it so people are happy tunneling get super weak

NERF it so you cant abuse it anymore

Comments

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1543659#Comment_1543659

    DS only gives about 15m of distance because of the animation. 15÷.6=25 so yeah it's almost 25 seconds in a straight line. This is one time use and only in some situations. Most killers have powers which make the time even less. Is this invincibility?

    Most killers have powers for that yes, but survivors have loops. The survivor has 20 seconds to get to a loop which will waste way more time than running in a straight line.

  • @Yung_Slug said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1543680#Comment_1543680

    Most killers have powers for that yes, but survivors have loops. The survivor has 20 seconds to get to a loop which will waste way more time than running in a straight line.

    One extra chase while injured with a 10-15 second head start can actually be worth tunneling a survivor out of the game in most cases. DS only helps survivors in their most vulnerable state, which feels cheap to killers, but does wonders in terms of the perk's balance.

  • I hate to say this but get good! The skill check on DS is balanced and doesn't need any changes. If there was no skill check the survivor could get hit with the killer and have zero risk of getting hooked so no. Especially if paired with unbreakable!

  • If we're going the route where you get 2 free anti-tunnels but things disable it to prevent it from being abused realistically you need to make it so protection hits disable the perk too.

    Begrudgingly I'd say leave the perk where it is right now and just make it so that there is an obsession in every single game no matter what perk is present. Make obsession play a bigger role in the game aside from just perks.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1543747#Comment_1543747

    One extra chase while injured with a 10-15 second head start can actually be worth tunneling a survivor out of the game in most cases. DS only helps survivors in their most vulnerable state, which feels cheap to killers, but does wonders in terms of the perk's balance.

    You lose almost all of your pressure by chasing them twice in a row. Against good survivors that's often a guaranteed loss.

  • @Pipefish said:

    I hate to say this but get good! The skill check on DS is balanced and doesn't need any changes. If there was no skill check the survivor could get hit with the killer and have zero risk of getting hooked so no. Especially if paired with unbreakable!

    This is the one change I would make (and I'm a killer main). They should just remove the skill check. The players that try to abuse it by jumping right on a gen or in a locker have no trouble with getting the skill check 100 percent. The newer players that aren't great at chases and are prime for tunnelling will miss it 90%. Plus it would force use of it and keep it from being saved for endgame unhook pickup (which I thought DS was disabled after missing skill check as well, but the last couple times I missed the skill check, the next unhook it appears to active again)

  • There's three other survivors in the game, aren't there?

  • I believe that the Dev team themselves cannot decide whether or not it is an anti tunnel perk - as proved by Scott Jund, a certain infamous post completely contradicted an earlier post that talked about DS being anti-tunnel.

  • Might as well just make survivors instantly win when the last gen is done.

  • I agree. The perk now can be abused to play aggressive to progress the game and force to end it faster. In combo is almost total immunity for too many seconds. But it you miss the skill check your game is finished. 2 activation, but with restriction to be only used for antitunneling only when injured and not working on gens is good. Maybe one base kit, and the second with no skill check (good experience for new survivor, more new players) can be the New perk.

  • Its not even a pure buff, its a rework for DS being a healhty perk for the game.

    You can tweak it for EGC not to work or something like this.

    However My intention is to NERF its abusable aspect but BUFF it in other sections so people dont just get a tool taken away.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1543199#Comment_1543199

    You've basically made it so any Survivor who makes it to the endgame and isn't on death hook is almost guaranteed an escape.

    Not true. Current DS already works like that.

1 2 ›