Don't be afraid Console players

After a full evening of crossplay I feel pretty certain that PC players are not as great as they want you to believe they are. The killers I faced all evening were no better than console killers i've faced with the exception of a nurse that could actually blink. And the survivors are just as potato as console survivors. Don't let them scare you out of giving crossplay a chance. Trust me, you'll be fine.

Comments

  • Yeah, we swfed all night and escaped like 95% of the time.

    I haven't met the dreaded pc nurse yet tho.

    Although I am now of the opinion that the console Billy's are better. So many pc Billy's m1 and camp.

    Admittedly small sample size, as it was only 1 night of games.

  • How do you know you played against PC?

    As far as i know, the Globe means just a different plattform.

    From my experience yesterday, noone escaped so far. Both PC and Console.

  • @Clevite said:

    Yeah, we swfed all night and escaped like 95% of the time.

    I haven't met the dreaded pc nurse yet tho.

    Although I am now of the opinion that the console Billy's are better. So many pc Billy's m1 and camp.

    Admittedly small sample size, as it was only 1 night of games.

    From what I have seen so far, Pc Nurse, huntress, and slinger are pretty damn good compared to console. Very easy to tell when you're going against one of those killers on PC compared to console. Not unbeatable by any means but definitely better.

  • The problem I have with cross-play right now is the insane lag. As killer, it seemed fine, played smooth. But survivor has me randomly teleporting backwards or skill checks completely miss themselves. Other than that it's fine

  • @xEa said:

    How do you know you played against PC?

    As far as i know, the Globe means just a different plattform.

    From my experience yesterday, noone escaped so far. Both PC and Console.

    Because after thousands of hours i'm certain i'm not getting good nurses or huntresses all of the sudden playing on the switch.

  • @goatslinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1537179#Comment_1537179

    Because after thousands of hours i'm certain i'm not getting good nurses or huntresses all of the sudden playing on the switch.

    According to the tone of this thread, you did not ran into a good PC Nurse so far.

    But you are absolutly right with one thing! Give crossplay a chance, i love it and i am sure most will aswell.

  • @goatslinger said:

    After a full evening of crossplay I feel pretty certain that PC players are not as great as they want you to believe they are. The killers I faced all evening were no better than console killers i've faced with the exception of a nurse that could actually blink. And the survivors are just as potato as console survivors. Don't let them scare you out of giving crossplay a chance. Trust me, you'll be fine.

    That could be because survivors are at full pc strength on console. Some people even prefer controller over mouse and keyboard while using a pc.

    Killer is the only one that suffers on console because of the fov and stuttery frames.

  • Yeah I agree there is nothing to be afraid about. I would still like to know what platform everyone is playing on. Oh well

    #GIVECROSSPLAYACHANCE

  • @Clevite said:

    Yeah, we swfed all night and escaped like 95% of the time.

    I haven't met the dreaded pc nurse yet tho.

    Although I am now of the opinion that the console Billy's are better. So many pc Billy's m1 and camp.

    Admittedly small sample size, as it was only 1 night of games.

    You don't know whether or not you faced a PC Billy.

    It could be a Switch, PS4, or Xbox One Billy. The globe just means different platform.

    Only PC players can easily tell if they're facing console players.

  • @CrowFoxy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1537174#Comment_1537174

    You don't know whether or not you faced a PC Billy.

    It could be a Switch, PS4, or Xbox One Billy. The globe just means different platform.

    Only PC players can easily tell if they're facing console players.

    It's pretty easy to search a name and quickly find a Steam, PS4, or Xbox profile.

  • @goatslinger said:

    After a full evening of crossplay I feel pretty certain that PC players are not as great as they want you to believe they are. The killers I faced all evening were no better than console killers i've faced with the exception of a nurse that could actually blink. And the survivors are just as potato as console survivors. Don't let them scare you out of giving crossplay a chance. Trust me, you'll be fine.

    Ranks of the killers?

  • @Clevite said:

    Yeah, we swfed all night and escaped like 95% of the time.

    I haven't met the dreaded pc nurse yet tho.

    Although I am now of the opinion that the console Billy's are better. So many pc Billy's m1 and camp.

    Admittedly small sample size, as it was only 1 night of games.

    I think that was a decent billy. Wait for a good one and you'll see the difference.

  • crossplay going fine on my end i play killer wasn't to bad i'm rank 7.