I feel sorry for BHVR

In the past the Devs got so much heat for their rank based matchmaking. Yes there were valid concerns but as you all know the player feedback is often times so insulting and brute.

Then they took that and tried to introduce something to improve the game we love. Unfortunately, it failed.

Now they were forced to revert the change to matchmaking. Feelsbadman.


So for all the ######### they take from us, here some kind words : Thanks for DBD, we are passionate about it, please keep your spirits high!




And Buff the weaker killers pls :P

Comments

  • "Now they were forced to revert the change to matchmaking. Feelsbadman."

    Whats that about? Is mmr going away?

  • Yeah.

    Some people are just never constructive about their criticisms. Good to know there are people like you who appreciate the Devs though 🤩

    Back to 15 mins lobby simulator since MMR is gone v_v

  • @bingbongboi90 said:

    "Now they were forced to revert the change to matchmaking. Feelsbadman."

    Whats that about? Is mmr going away?

    They switched it off this morning.

  • @Unicorn said:

    Yeah.

    Some people are just never constructive about their criticisms. Good to know there are people like you who appreciate the Devs though 🤩

    Back to 15 mins lobby simulator since MMR is gone v_v

    Wym. Its always been a lobby simulator. New MMR or not. Queue times have always been bad.

  • @Slashstreetboy said:

    In the past the Devs got so much heat for their rank based matchmaking. Yes there were valid concerns but as you all know the player feedback is often times so insulting and brute.

    Then they took that and tried to introduce something to improve the game we love. Unfortunately, it failed.

    Now they were forced to revert the change to matchmaking. Feelsbadman.

    So for all the ######### they take from us, here some kind words : Thanks for DBD, we are passionate about it, please keep your spirits high!

    And Buff the weaker killers pls :P

    Properly testing any of these things could prevent so much of the nonsense. These devs rush everything.

  • @Zaitsev said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1531374#Comment_1531374

    Wym. Its always been a lobby simulator. New MMR or not. Queue times have always been bad.

    Nah. MMR sped up finding a match on PS4 in red ranks. You may be on a platform/have a different rank.

  • @OBX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/181570/i-feel-sorry-for-bhvr

    Properly testing any of these things could prevent so much of the nonsense. These devs rush everything.

    They originally said that matchmaking changes would be going live at the end of June, I think? And that came and went and MMR only went live on Xbox at first. I don’t think they rushed into it, people have been clamouring for matchmaking changes since the devs first mentioned it and I think they just ran into some unexpected problems.

  • Yeah I think the new MMR was a bit of a mixed bag but overall my experience was positive. I get the feeling I'm gonna be back facing players way above my pay grade again, as the last few days have been mostly balanced in terms of how I felt the game went (mainly playing as killer that is).

    Although I did see a number of one player in red ranks and 3x level 20-15 in survivor teams. I'd try and chase the red guy mainly as generally they were a challenge, to give the others some game time but eventually you gotta go down em.

    I agree with the devs that the rank system is a better representation of 'time spent on line' rather than ability, but more time on line usually means more experience and greater challenge in some way. I guess at red ranks the difference between good and bad reds is more obvious but in the green to purp where I like to hover the line blurs a lil more. Although sometimes I am surprised how easy a team of reds can be to 4k.

    I hope a new system that integrates elements of the two comes out soon. So we don't get the rank 1 killer with 1000+ hours vs the team of yellow survivors with 50 hours each etc etc. In the meantime I'm still playing. See you in the fog :)

  • Why feel bad? They have had 4 years to improve this game much more than they have. Usually people complain about pretty valid issues and the criticism is valid as well. I will agree that some people do go overboard with nonsense though.

  • I don't feel bad. Screw that.

    They have such a huge track record of half-assing things, they deserve everything they get.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1531579#Comment_1531579

    Geez so malicious.

    Its just a game, remember.

    If you feel that badly about it you don’t have to play it.

    No need to make a team of people feel terrible as well that are just trying to make the best game they can with their resources whilst also trying to make a living out of it.

    I can like something at it's core, and still recognize awful/half-assed decisions. The two aren't mutually exclusive. It's not malicious. I don't want, or intend to do them harm. It's called tough love. I love the game, I'm just pissed off they can't seem to do what's right for the game and it's health.

    With BHVR - this is a company that even it's own partners, the Fog Whisperers, actively state "they don't listen to anyone, including us". They pump out DLC after DLC, cosmetic after cosmetic, battle pass after battle pass, and yet there's issues and bugs that have been in the game for years. They have actual open betas (PTBs) and do almost nothing to rectify most reported issues in them (see Oni release). They outright lie to us and say "we haven't touched Hillbilly's animations" (Deathslinger patch), when they clearly did. They didn't listen to community veterans when they said an MMR will NOT work for an ASYMMETRICAL GAME with no binary win condition based so much on RNG. That's not even mentioning the whole "we're collecting data so when the MMR system goes live you'll have a roughly calculated MMR" crap we heard from them months ago....that they won't even address now, because it either never happened, or it was clearly disregarded.

    White Knight all you want, but after 4 years, people need to stop pulling punches.

  • The developers got heat for releasing a rushed system thats why period.

  • Rank mm was fine until they widened the rank gap and reduced how far you were reset each month.

    Killers were avoiding red ranks leading to long q times for red survivors and swf, so they screwed it all up.

  • I also have issues with DBD that I´d LOVE to see adressed but I truly believe they are doing the best they can.

    It´s not that advisable to comply to any community suggestion btw. I´ve seen crazy stuff on here.

    If we wantt something changed the best way would be to campaign for it, collect opinions and criticism, gather enough people and make yourselves heard. And not like every other post that´s something along the lines of "bEhAviOr hAteS kilLeRs/suRvIVorS, DeVs kILliNG tHe GAmE/ x/y is #########. Be reasonable, people.

    Look what happened when everyone seemed to want something done about ranks. So carefeul what you wish for.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1531596#Comment_1531596

    I can like something at it's core, and still recognize awful/half-assed decisions. The two aren't mutually exclusive. It's not malicious. I don't want, or intend to do them harm. It's called tough love. I love the game, I'm just pissed off they can't seem to do what's right for the game and it's health.

    With BHVR - this is a company that even it's own partners, the Fog Whisperers, actively state "they don't listen to anyone, including us". They pump out DLC after DLC, cosmetic after cosmetic, battle pass after battle pass, and yet there's issues and bugs that have been in the game for years. White Knight all you want, but after 4 years, people need to stop pulling punches.

    As far as the Fog Whisperers . . . look, if they haven't realized by now that they are nothing more than free marketing for BHVR, and other than that BHVR doesn't give a damn about them, then I don't know what to say.