I'd opt out UNTIL the DEV do something to balance the powerful 5th Perk (Comms). I don't mind a hard game, but let's be serious here at a certain point I'm going to hit a wall. :)
For survivor, its about teamwork. So why shouldn't you be able to team with friends.
As a killer it doesn't bother me. I will always try to win the game, but if I don't do well... so what, move on to next game.
Usually I play survivor solo though, and it really isn't difficult to work as a team even without comms. Most players know what they should do without having voice chat.
I think the only problem with DbD is that too many people seem to expect to win every game.
I don't like how you're calling it full on unfair (as majority of SWF aren't those teams that go full tryhard) but regardless I'd most likely opt out.
Even then though, I really don't want this added.
It doesn't matter how hard they try, they still have the advantage over solo's. They get to use voice comms which means they get a lot of information perks passively which gives them more room for other perks.
You can argue that not a lot of people will use voice comms but since they are friends they always have that option available to them. Not utilizing it is like saying 'I have 4 perk slots available but I'm not going to use any perks. So the killer shouldn't use them as well.'
Killers shouldn't be punished for playing against SWF.
I've never had fun against all the SWF with OoO, flashlights, keys, map offerings, DS Unbreakable, BT, 5000+ hours in the game. Most of them can't even play the game normally and just want to torture the killer as much as possible.
If it's just a chill group of friends then I don't mind, the problem is that you can't really tell if they're gonna be toxic or not.
I've never had fun against all the SWF with OoO, flashlights, keys, map offerings, DS Unbreakable, BT, 5000+ hours in the game. Most of them can't even play the game normally and just want to torture the killer as much as possible.
If it's just a chill group of friends then I don't mind, the problem is that you can't really tell if they're gonna be toxic or not.
And that is the fundamental flaw. Perhaps some kind of reputation System (thumbs up, thumbs down for instance) that can be seen in lobby. If the group has been severely voted down dodge it.
this isn’t an ideal solution, but we know bhvr will never ever change swf so trying to find some way to avoid the griefers is next best thing
SWF is part of the game. It is not cheating, and I don't see any evidence that this isn't being considered for balance. Kill rates as of the latest stats drop are in the 65% ballpark at all ranks and closer to 70% at red ranks. That includes SWF. Would you have that percentage rise?
That is disingenuous. The kill rate does not distinguish rates for swf and rates for solo. Kill rates are going to naturally be higher for solos and lower for swf. Also, grouping kills for low rank survivors into an overall stat is terribly misleading as survivor at low lever is pretty difficult (at least for new players)
I would like to play againts SWF too. No matter if I lose in 5 minutes after the beginning of the match or get 4k somehow... I like to accept challenge and I love it.
Also, SWF doesn't mean that those players are using Voice chat. When I'm playing with my friends I don't use it.
But yeah... If the devs add this feature, the swf players need to wait queue A LOT longer than now.
This vote doesn't have enough options. It begins with the premise that SWF is unfair. Both options seems to accept this as fact. I don't think SWF is unfair, but I would still opt out as a killer.. Why risk facing off against 4 exceptional SWAT gamers when I can ensure I never cross their path?
If the option is added, can survivors see who the killer is as well, so they can avoid killers they don't like playing against?
It doesn't matter how hard they try, they still have the advantage over solo's. They get to use voice comms which means they get a lot of information perks passively which gives them more room for other perks.
You can argue that not a lot of people will use voice comms but since they are friends they always have that option available to them. Not utilizing it is like saying 'I have 4 perk slots available but I'm not going to use any perks. So the killer shouldn't use them as well.'
Killers shouldn't be punished for playing against SWF.
Well then people will stop playing swf as they'll have longer queue times.
SWF is part of the game. It is not cheating, and I don't see any evidence that this isn't being considered for balance. Kill rates as of the latest stats drop are in the 65% ballpark at all ranks and closer to 70% at red ranks. That includes SWF. Would you have that percentage rise?
The killrates are that high, because survivors dont use their tools to their full potential. Most SWF groups mostly just ######### around and don't care about winning, but that doesn't change the fact that they are still overpowered with no effort whatsoever put into by the players.
And before you go in and say that killlers should just bring in their strong stuff themselves to counteract the advantage SWF has, that behaviour always leads to it getting nerfed. Hex:Ruin being the most prominent example.
Well then people will stop playing swf as they'll have longer queue times.
That's exactly why I made this poll. To see whether there are people who are interested in going against a swf. It's a good thing that there are such people which would mean SWF shouldn't have much of an issue when it comes to finding games.
This vote doesn't have enough options. It begins with the premise that SWF is unfair. Both options seems to accept this as fact. I don't think SWF is unfair, but I would still opt out as a killer.. Why risk facing off against 4 exceptional SWAT gamers when I can ensure I never cross their path?
If the option is added, can survivors see who the killer is as well, so they can avoid killers they don't like playing against?
Voice comms isn't what this game is balanced for and so it's definitely an advantage. Besides I've seen people who say giving such opting out options is a bad idea as no one will play against SWF which is why I made this poll. To see whether there are people who will not opt out.
Voice comms isn't what this game is balanced for and so it's definitely an advantage. Besides I've seen people who say giving such opting out options is a bad idea as no one will play against SWF which is why I made this poll. To see whether there are people who will not opt out.
And I'm saying the poll is biased under the premise that SWF is unfair. You assume the game is not balanced when people use comms.. I've seen killers get stronger and stronger over the years, and I can't even win as a solo survivor anymore unless paired with other great survivors. I played solo.. maybe 40 or so matches in the last 2 weeks. I've survived 4-5 times. 1 time the killer disconnected because I was playing with 2 red ranks and we knocked out a gen pretty fast with 3 toolboxes(which were depleted after the one gen), so I'm sure they assumed SWF and dc'd... we were not. I don't think SWF or comms are a problem. I think good players are the baby killer problems, and by seeing SWF they can avoid the chance of having to play against 4 good survivors who want to play together because they know how strong each one is individually(probably why the friended each other). When I play with friends, i play with real life friends and I have less chance of winning with them than I do with good survivors. Some people play with people they don't know in real life, but friended up cause skill recognized skill. Killers just want to avoid those types of groups, and by avoiding those, they'll avoid all SWFs... even if SWF is not the problem.
My premise is that many killers out there aren't 4k'ing these really good gamers and crying about it.
I play SWF too sometimes with two of my friends but we're not toxic or anything but as a Killer or Solo Queue Survivor i almost only had bad expiriences with SWF's. As a Killer i get SWF's every 3rd or 5th game most of them are toxic and its not fun to play against them. As a Survivor i dont get SWF's that often but when i do i either die on the first hook or i get sandbagged.
So i dont want to play against a SWF as a Killer or with SWF's as a Survivor that play like that.
I think it would depend on my mood to be honest? I feel like I would probably end up playing against SWF for a couple of matches then I would get tired and opt out of facing SWF. It would also depend on the killer I'm playing as. Not to mention that no-SWF queues would be long as #########.
I wouldn't say that SWF is overpowered or anything but I would opt out just because of the toxicity that usually surrounds SWF. I don't play killer too often just because I play the game to have fun, not to be destroyed by a high rank SWF and to be told how much I suck. It is the nature of the game and the community to an extent though so I'll still play against SWF but if given the option I would opt out.
P.S. More of a casual player that plays around purple ranks
Unless they're that .01% depip squad, and I've gone against maybe 5 of those in my DBD career, I don't blame my losses on SWF. There's almost always something I could have done, and something I can learn. SWF doesn't give survivors skill.
SWF is part of the game. It is not cheating, and I don't see any evidence that this isn't being considered for balance. Kill rates as of the latest stats drop are in the 65% ballpark at all ranks and closer to 70% at red ranks. That includes SWF. Would you have that percentage rise?
"It is not cheating, and I don't see any evidence that this isn't being considered for balance"
It is quite noticeable that you have never faced a group of experienced SWFs.
I most certainly have. It's just ridiculous to call SWF cheating when it's a normal part of the game. Plus, the squads that people are talking about when they can complain about SWF are extremely rare. They couldn't possibly be common if killers at red ranks have a ~70% kill rate.
LOL I hope you are joking
I can't even take your comment seriously. Are you saying this is perfectly balanced just by the FACT that it is part of the game? Ok.
instead, we need to close the gap between the two (solo and SWF) and gives killers buffs to accommodate if necessary. all this will lead to is longer wait times which will lead to more complaints
I've gone against some 4 man swf try hard, gen rushers, stacking brain dead second chance perks (DS + Unbreakable), with keys, running oOo and coordinating Head Ons, very fun and well balanced...
I don't mind going against two man swf or pairs of two, but I've already had some very unfun and annoying experiences after having played for about 2k hours. I've grown tired and bored of going against swf teams and I feel I don't get anything interesting out of it, so I'm no longer interested in making my gaming experience annoying and unfair for no good reason.
For me I'd mainly use it only when I get swamped by SWF which does happen...A lot....
Anyways I'd keep it off but there are some nights/weeks where its SWF as far as the eye can see(Yes I do double check survivor's friends list to verify this so this isn't baseless) and I just can't be bothered to put up their their nonsense anymore.
I mean that would be my answer as i sometimes feels the need to relax and would likely not want to play against SWF, but sometimes i want some challenge so i'll gladly play against them ^^
I wouldn't mind, but the rules would change. Mori its a must, top addons are a must, sweaty builds are a must. I wouldn't be giving unhooks for free. Since their playing as a group they gotta do saves as a group.
I would opt out and play way more killer for sure. As someone already stated here, some SWF suck the fun out of your brain and it's just not worth the gamble anymore to have some random nobodys try to ruin your day by being toxic little #########. so yeah, there's that
With the numbers being pretty clearly split down the middle so far, I think giving the option to opt out of SWF games as the Killer isn't a problem. If 50%+ of the Killers are open to the challenge, that should more than cover the SWF, assuming they aren't the vast majority of Players now. The rest of us can do the Solos. :)
With the numbers being pretty clearly split down the middle so far, I think giving the option to opt out of SWF games as the Killer isn't a problem. If 50%+ of the Killers are open to the challenge, that should more than cover the SWF, assuming they aren't the vast majority of Players now. The rest of us can do the Solos. :)
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I'd opt out UNTIL the DEV do something to balance the powerful 5th Perk (Comms). I don't mind a hard game, but let's be serious here at a certain point I'm going to hit a wall. :)
For survivor, its about teamwork. So why shouldn't you be able to team with friends.
As a killer it doesn't bother me. I will always try to win the game, but if I don't do well... so what, move on to next game.
Usually I play survivor solo though, and it really isn't difficult to work as a team even without comms. Most players know what they should do without having voice chat.
I think the only problem with DbD is that too many people seem to expect to win every game.
Just play, do your best, and have fun.
I don't like playing against cheaters (mapwide voice-communications that is not taken into account by the developers when balancing the game).
I don't like how you're calling it full on unfair (as majority of SWF aren't those teams that go full tryhard) but regardless I'd most likely opt out.
Even then though, I really don't want this added.
It doesn't matter how hard they try, they still have the advantage over solo's. They get to use voice comms which means they get a lot of information perks passively which gives them more room for other perks.
You can argue that not a lot of people will use voice comms but since they are friends they always have that option available to them. Not utilizing it is like saying 'I have 4 perk slots available but I'm not going to use any perks. So the killer shouldn't use them as well.'
Killers shouldn't be punished for playing against SWF.
I don't think it's unfair, but if there would be a chance to never play against SWF I would gladly take it.
I don't enjoy sweating out every game just to get that sweet 4k. And you still can get some reasonable competition against solo-players.
Well that's one way to look at it.
Or maybe, the devs intended this to be a SWF game, and solo is just a hardcore mode that was added to help fill the queues.
I've never had fun against all the SWF with OoO, flashlights, keys, map offerings, DS Unbreakable, BT, 5000+ hours in the game. Most of them can't even play the game normally and just want to torture the killer as much as possible.
If it's just a chill group of friends then I don't mind, the problem is that you can't really tell if they're gonna be toxic or not.
And that is the fundamental flaw. Perhaps some kind of reputation System (thumbs up, thumbs down for instance) that can be seen in lobby. If the group has been severely voted down dodge it.
this isn’t an ideal solution, but we know bhvr will never ever change swf so trying to find some way to avoid the griefers is next best thing
That is disingenuous. The kill rate does not distinguish rates for swf and rates for solo. Kill rates are going to naturally be higher for solos and lower for swf. Also, grouping kills for low rank survivors into an overall stat is terribly misleading as survivor at low lever is pretty difficult (at least for new players)
I would like to play againts SWF too. No matter if I lose in 5 minutes after the beginning of the match or get 4k somehow... I like to accept challenge and I love it.
Also, SWF doesn't mean that those players are using Voice chat. When I'm playing with my friends I don't use it.
But yeah... If the devs add this feature, the swf players need to wait queue A LOT longer than now.
That is, if they are not toxic then I will play normally, but if they are, then I will also be toxic.
I think they deserve a little of their own medicine.
This vote doesn't have enough options. It begins with the premise that SWF is unfair. Both options seems to accept this as fact. I don't think SWF is unfair, but I would still opt out as a killer.. Why risk facing off against 4 exceptional SWAT gamers when I can ensure I never cross their path?
If the option is added, can survivors see who the killer is as well, so they can avoid killers they don't like playing against?
Well then people will stop playing swf as they'll have longer queue times.
The killrates are that high, because survivors dont use their tools to their full potential. Most SWF groups mostly just ######### around and don't care about winning, but that doesn't change the fact that they are still overpowered with no effort whatsoever put into by the players.
And before you go in and say that killlers should just bring in their strong stuff themselves to counteract the advantage SWF has, that behaviour always leads to it getting nerfed. Hex:Ruin being the most prominent example.
That's exactly why I made this poll. To see whether there are people who are interested in going against a swf. It's a good thing that there are such people which would mean SWF shouldn't have much of an issue when it comes to finding games.
Voice comms isn't what this game is balanced for and so it's definitely an advantage. Besides I've seen people who say giving such opting out options is a bad idea as no one will play against SWF which is why I made this poll. To see whether there are people who will not opt out.
And I'm saying the poll is biased under the premise that SWF is unfair. You assume the game is not balanced when people use comms.. I've seen killers get stronger and stronger over the years, and I can't even win as a solo survivor anymore unless paired with other great survivors. I played solo.. maybe 40 or so matches in the last 2 weeks. I've survived 4-5 times. 1 time the killer disconnected because I was playing with 2 red ranks and we knocked out a gen pretty fast with 3 toolboxes(which were depleted after the one gen), so I'm sure they assumed SWF and dc'd... we were not. I don't think SWF or comms are a problem. I think good players are the baby killer problems, and by seeing SWF they can avoid the chance of having to play against 4 good survivors who want to play together because they know how strong each one is individually(probably why the friended each other). When I play with friends, i play with real life friends and I have less chance of winning with them than I do with good survivors. Some people play with people they don't know in real life, but friended up cause skill recognized skill. Killers just want to avoid those types of groups, and by avoiding those, they'll avoid all SWFs... even if SWF is not the problem.
My premise is that many killers out there aren't 4k'ing these really good gamers and crying about it.
I play SWF too sometimes with two of my friends but we're not toxic or anything but as a Killer or Solo Queue Survivor i almost only had bad expiriences with SWF's. As a Killer i get SWF's every 3rd or 5th game most of them are toxic and its not fun to play against them. As a Survivor i dont get SWF's that often but when i do i either die on the first hook or i get sandbagged.
So i dont want to play against a SWF as a Killer or with SWF's as a Survivor that play like that.
I'd play against SWF when using a stronger killer. But if I'm in the mood for a Clown game or something, no way I wouldn't opt out
I think it would depend on my mood to be honest? I feel like I would probably end up playing against SWF for a couple of matches then I would get tired and opt out of facing SWF. It would also depend on the killer I'm playing as. Not to mention that no-SWF queues would be long as #########.
I wouldn't say that SWF is overpowered or anything but I would opt out just because of the toxicity that usually surrounds SWF. I don't play killer too often just because I play the game to have fun, not to be destroyed by a high rank SWF and to be told how much I suck. It is the nature of the game and the community to an extent though so I'll still play against SWF but if given the option I would opt out.
P.S. More of a casual player that plays around purple ranks
Unless they're that .01% depip squad, and I've gone against maybe 5 of those in my DBD career, I don't blame my losses on SWF. There's almost always something I could have done, and something I can learn. SWF doesn't give survivors skill.
"It is not cheating, and I don't see any evidence that this isn't being considered for balance"
It is quite noticeable that you have never faced a group of experienced SWFs.
LOL I hope you are joking
I can't even take your comment seriously. Are you saying this is perfectly balanced just by the FACT that it is part of the game? Ok.
this isn't the way to handle it
instead, we need to close the gap between the two (solo and SWF) and gives killers buffs to accommodate if necessary. all this will lead to is longer wait times which will lead to more complaints
I've gone against some 4 man swf try hard, gen rushers, stacking brain dead second chance perks (DS + Unbreakable), with keys, running oOo and coordinating Head Ons, very fun and well balanced...
I don't mind going against two man swf or pairs of two, but I've already had some very unfun and annoying experiences after having played for about 2k hours. I've grown tired and bored of going against swf teams and I feel I don't get anything interesting out of it, so I'm no longer interested in making my gaming experience annoying and unfair for no good reason.
For me I'd mainly use it only when I get swamped by SWF which does happen...A lot....
Anyways I'd keep it off but there are some nights/weeks where its SWF as far as the eye can see(Yes I do double check survivor's friends list to verify this so this isn't baseless) and I just can't be bothered to put up their their nonsense anymore.
Probably I'll opt out of that, but from time to time I'll try to go against SWFs if I really feel I need a gigantic challenge.
Is it possible to had the option to do both ?
I mean that would be my answer as i sometimes feels the need to relax and would likely not want to play against SWF, but sometimes i want some challenge so i'll gladly play against them ^^
SWF isn't much of an issue if we had opt in game comms so solos can communicate, then properly balance killers so they're stronger.
I wouldn't mind, but the rules would change. Mori its a must, top addons are a must, sweaty builds are a must. I wouldn't be giving unhooks for free. Since their playing as a group they gotta do saves as a group.
It'll be massively abused by solos to throw insults. The end result will only be stronger killers.
+1
I'd leave the game if they added this. Q times would be too bad.
I would opt out and play way more killer for sure. As someone already stated here, some SWF suck the fun out of your brain and it's just not worth the gamble anymore to have some random nobodys try to ruin your day by being toxic little #########. so yeah, there's that
ENDLESS. PAIN.
I WOULD YEET OUT OF THAT LOBBY FASTER THAN THE LIFESPAN OF MEMES!
my head hurt after big sweat team.
well I guess mori are balanced because they part of the game.
For SWF. solo queues would become much faster.
With the numbers being pretty clearly split down the middle so far, I think giving the option to opt out of SWF games as the Killer isn't a problem. If 50%+ of the Killers are open to the challenge, that should more than cover the SWF, assuming they aren't the vast majority of Players now. The rest of us can do the Solos. :)
Exactly my point.