When will Discordance get edited?

Hello I have a question about Discordance since the level 1 perk is kinda more powerful than the level 3 one, shouldn't it be the otherway around?



For Example

Discordance Level 1 = Send a notification when 2 survivors are working on a gen every 8 seconds

Discordance Level 3 = Send a notification when 2 survivors are working on a gen every 12 seconds.

Swap them around so ...

Discordance Level 3 would be = Send a notifcation when 2 survivors are working on a gen every 8 seconds.


Or in general rework the perk somehow because right now its hard to see a level 1 perk is more powerful than the level 3 one.

Tagged: DevTrusted

Comments

  • @ImagineUcareForPips said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1526239#Comment_1526239

    Isn't MCY retriggering after each unhook by default? Haven't uses that perk for a loooong time

    No it doesn't unfortunately.

  • @Volfawott said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1526346#Comment_1526346

    Did you read my post I literally said I'm fine with it staying how it is

    As long as they give people who want to keep tier-1 and option just to lock it like that so it doesn't keep polluting the bloodweb. This wouldn't affect anybody else except people who wanted to stay tier 1

    Did you not read mine? Honestly, I'm genuinely asking. I already pointed out the massive flaw with that argument, I'm not doing so again.

  • @Dehitay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1526376#Comment_1526376

    You know what would be even better for you then? If Discordance went off every half second. That's like 16 times as much information as T1.

    If you honestly believe that T1 gives more information than T3, you might want to consider if it may have to do more with a short attention span that causes you to forget things after 8 seconds. There is no more information than T1 provides than T3 doesn't. T3 does however provide an extra 4 seconds of which gen was being worked on after they get off of it.

    You just proved yourself wrong. An extra 4 second of active discordance gives you less info because it stays active for an extra 4 seconds after they stop working on it. That is less information.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1526418#Comment_1526418

    You just proved yourself wrong. An extra 4 second of active discordance gives you less info because it stays active for an extra 4 seconds after they stop working on it. That is less information.

    Not really. I have this magically ability called a basic sense of time that allows me to tell how long after the last loud noise notification went off it's been. Also, the amount of self serving nonsense you have to loop through to consider an extra 4 seconds of information to be less information has got to be one hell of a trick. I would probly get dizzy and throw up if I tried to pull such a fast paced logical reach around.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1526374#Comment_1526374

    Did you not read mine? Honestly, I'm genuinely asking. I already pointed out the massive flaw with that argument, I'm not doing so again.

    I bring it up because it's a very contentious perk.

    As previously stated there are some people who prefer T3 and some people who prefer T1


    Short of completely reworking the Perk which would be a shame because it's actually a decent perk my suggestion is probably the best middle ground.

    But honestly I do hope this perk has taught them that they have to be careful not to create such divisive tiers loadout when it comes to perks.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I hate Discordance tier 1, it makes too much noise notifications. When in a chase I always think the sound is someone vaulting a window.

    Another good point. The 8 seconds notifications are anoising.

  • @Almo said:

    It's on the list, and it will be updated "soon". I can't comment on exactly when, as usual. But the new design is in place and it will go out as soon as it can get through the production pipeline.

    I will try they will change the design (sounds, etc), but not the conditions of the perk neither its effects. :p

  • maybe it just me but i like it when it 12 seconds for lvl 3.

  • @ImagineUcareForPips said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1525465#Comment_1525465

    That's bs, tier 1 is objectively better. It provides more information than tier 3

    Go check out Dowsey you will see why a lot of players like t3 better to send you to a guide then try and explain a bunch of numbers myself

  • @RizeAki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1526376#Comment_1526376

    Go check out Dowsey you will see why a lot of players like t3 better to send you to a guide then try and explain a bunch of numbers myself

    Based off the video the usefulness of each of the tiers being contested come from different areas.

    Otz and the people who support his idea typically like the Perk more as it helps with a better pin down of where survivors are.

    Essentially it helps you track the location better and tell if the survivor has moved away from that gen or if they stick around. Long and short of it excels at finding survivors.


    Dowsey and the people who agree with him typically enjoy it more for its synergy and how you can use it to calculate the generator itself.

    It helps you plan if it's more appropriate to choose Pop Goes the Weasel on a generator and how to control that generator specifically or if the generator is just not worth going to because of certain amount of notifications have happened.


    They both are good for their own reasons and both excel at two different aspects T1 is great for survivor tracking and T3 is great for generator management.


    Honestly whichever one you prefer tends to be the right choice I don't think even one is objectively better than the other. Yeah pretty much falls down to the player and what they specifically want to use it for

  • @ Antares2332 said:

    Discordance shouldn't even have levels, I think it's a perfect example that leveling perks is a bad mechanic. Also, it is stressful to have to go up to level 3 one perk, spending a lot of points on the bloodweb.

    I couldn’t agree with you more took me about 12 bloodwebs for surge 1 on Myers :(

  • @Almo said:

    There are very few perks people want at Tier 1. Changing the UI to allow selection across the board is not an efficient use of production time. It's much better just to design the perks so that T3 is always the one you want. Discordance has this issue, so we're going to fix it.

    :)

    Awwww man, but but but, I like how Discordance is 😭

    Seriously.

  • @ImagineUcareForPips said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1526239#Comment_1526239

    Isn't MCY retriggering after each unhook by default? Haven't uses that perk for a loooong time

    Unfortunately not.

    The Perk doesn't just apply a 40/50/60-second Exposed timer on the unhooker, the Perk itself also goes on a 40/50/60-second cooldown.

    Untitled.png

    You could have a Survivor left with 1 second of Exposed from MYC, but if someone far away successfully unhooks a Survivor in that last second, they won't get Exposed.

  • There has always been a cooldown, yes.

    Untitled.png
  • @ImagineUcareForPips said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1527987#Comment_1527987

    Oh man this perk is actually trash, not worth using. Always these cooldowns, so disgusting...

    Idk, the Perk's doing a good job for me currently.

  • @SheeepyVR said:

    Hello I have a question about Discordance since the level 1 perk is kinda more powerful than the level 3 one, shouldn't it be the otherway around?

    For Example

    Discordance Level 1 = Send a notification when 2 survivors are working on a gen every 8 seconds

    Discordance Level 3 = Send a notification when 2 survivors are working on a gen every 12 seconds.

    Swap them around so ...

    Discordance Level 3 would be = Send a notifcation when 2 survivors are working on a gen every 8 seconds.

    Or in general rework the perk somehow because right now its hard to see a level 1 perk is more powerful than the level 3 one.

    The difference between them is 4 seconds. Are you telling me that you forgot that they were on that gen in 4 seconds? Do you ACTUALLY need to have a notification 4 seconds earlier so you won't forget that 2 people are on a gen? I guess Level 1 is for people with no memory and level 3 is for people who do have one.

  • @RizeAki said:

    Actually tier 3 is the better option it’s only your personal preference to use tier 1

    That sounds like an opinion to me

  • I never said it wasn’t? I just pointed out not wanting to level it is their preference more so though then myself and others liking current version but it doesn’t matter it’s confirmed to be getting a change which removes the enjoying different tiers aspect

  • discordance and corrupt can be a nice combo for a slower killer

  • @Mister_xD said:

    i wouldnt like that.

    they should make the aura notification i get inbetween the audio cues more accurate by making it turn off as soon as one leaves the gen and the perk would be fine.

    if there is one thing i hate its when i chase someone and every 8 seconds discordance screams in my ear "HEY THERE IS SOMETHING HAPPENING HERE, DID YOU KNOW?". i need ONE notification to know there are two players there, not 50.

    Well now I can't help but think of Navi 😂

    "Hey! Listen!"

1 2 ›