Still No Camping Counterplay?
Honestly, this game has given me the worst experience over the past few days and I've reached my breaking point with people. So we had a game on Limkin Lane against a ghostface, hes doing pretty terribly and takes a few minutes to get his first down, I kinda felt bad for him because I assumed its because of the new terrible matchmaking that either matches you with opponents that are far better than you or matches them with opponents that you destroy however thats a topic for another day. Now Im playing with 2 friends and the random gets downed and dragged to the basement. First peek in the house and we see the ghostface is camping in the house with the basement... right. Now its all well and good saying, leave that person, there is nothing you can do etc but man, its just not fun to play like that and why should a killer be entitled to one guarunteed kill every match just by downing someone once. Well, the guy plays like an ######### and we try to save the person in the basement and end up dedicating to it but its pretty hard without any communication from the random and we end up going down ourselves. I dont care that you can say, well you should bring this perk or that perk... no, the game shouldnt be based around luck if you happened to bring the right perk that counters a toxic strategy, how is it fair making a game where if you dont happen to bring the right perk you die. After post game chat and generally playing to altruistically and trying to save eachother from being camped (we got ######### over) we find out its because one of us brought a flashlight... a yellow one with no addons because they are just generally fun to use (unlike standing still at the top of the basement) and have tremendous counterplay.
The fact that the game has systems in check that can easily punish you if someone doesnt like something you do is ridiculous. Im not a game developer so I cant really suggest what would be a good fix for this other than maybe 2 exits for the basement (but then we would probably need some sort of counterbuff so it doesnt just destroy the basement) but either way its pretty dumb and just makes the game unfun. I got too heated and left after that game but it sucks, I like to play to have fun but that game was just stressful and stupid. Oh and not only that but I find it ridiculous that the game has abilities that endorse camping? Like seriously, why? The devs always seem to focus on non issues and dont fix the real problems this game has and always end up making it worse
Comments
You kind of undermine your own point when you say "camping" is a bad strategy if you follow it with your experience of it getting every killer you played against a 3K+. :)
Yes there are many types of counterplay but most of the times it's baby survivors who can't counterplay camping against a baby killer. What should be done is make the Entity not to progress on the hook (aka stop the red bar if the killer is close) that would force killers not to facecamp.
That's already the case since emblems are based on the number of hits/hooks/sacrifices
No it wouldn't. There are Killers that can camp the hook from across the Map. It would only stop some Killers. It is inappropriate. There will always be risk in unhooking someone. That is why it is worth points. It is also because more of you means faster Generators. It is in your best interest to unhook and the Killer's to prevent it or punish you for it. There is already plenty of counter play to Camping. Use it.
This. When I started I thought invisible camping as wraith was awesome... and you know what, it was many many games before I ran into a team that punished me by doing gens and doing totems while I stood there. Then it was one BT save and everyone escapes teabagging me. I learned after a couple games like that that camping is both ineffective and looked down upon.
I talk about a meter that would allow to kill all 4 survivors, if the meter is filled with blood (injures and hooks, pressure lol). A meter that would remove the need to kill one survivor as soon as possible to slow repairs.
here is a guide how to camp and how to beat camping!
The counter is do Gens, but you actively decided against it and rewarded the killer with more kills then they deserved.
Yep, good idea. But the main problem is gen speed
Bt doesnt work on cloaked ghostface
True. You know, we have millions of good ideas. Long time ago at Steam forum mutiple times I mentioned my idea about debuffs. I said that hooked survivors should get repair speed debuff (-25% repair speed for every hook), but it was ignored. Probably, all our ideas do not matter. :)
So break him out before you unhook?
Well that involves staring at ghostface for a good second, and if your just standing in place looking at ghostface, he wont care if hes cloaked
By bad i mean not fair. Bad because it pollutes the game, it's cheesy to play like this and fun for no one...
But it works, it is the worst point, especially when the camping is not "face camping", you go away a little and come back etc...
As a killer main, camping isnt smart. You gotta keep applying pressure or you lose, 1 kill isn't satisfying. Plus, you lose points for staying near the hook.
There are definately perks that counter it, but there's one strat that can work without special perks: baiting. if the killer isn't a total ass, one of you runs up and waves, killer will usually chase, leaving someone else free to unhook. That combined with survivor communication and perks makes camping easily counterable.
The thing that made me camp as a noob was not wanting to waste a bunch of time searching for survivors, and if i stick near the hook I know my time is at least ensuring a kill. Giving them something to chase eases their worry of wandering around aimlessly. Now that im a seasoned killer, I don't camp unless someone teabags mid chase. If you're gonna act cocky you better back it up by not getting caught, cause if you do the killer gets a lot of satisfaction from ruining your fun by facecamping