Why do survivors gloat about hatch escapes?

So I've lost count the amount of times I've had a survivor message me "GG Ez" after they escaped through the hatch.

I rarely slug for the 4k, as I see a 3k as a win and once I downed the second to the last survivor I'm ready to move onto the next game.

I use to be a survivor main and I still don't get why some survivors feel the need gloat about getting a hatch escape. Whether through post game or making a lot of noise notifications/waiting till the killer is near before escaping through the hatch.

The killer has already won, when the last survivor escapes through the hatch it's due to RNG and the killer not bothering to slug for the 4k.

It would be the same as if the killer was only able to get a 1k, then proceeded to message the survivors of how easy the game was, how bad they are at the game (some killers actually do this). It would be silly, but so is being toxic about escaping through the hatch.

Granted when I play survivor and I got a team of potatoes, and I had to carry the game, I'll feel that earned the hatch. However, I won't gloat about it to the killer.

Also a survivor being toxic to a killer because they got the hatch, may encourage the killer to to slug for the 4k to prevent the survivor from being able to gloat about escaping through the hatch.

Comment your thoughts.

Comments

1 2 ›