Gen rushing isnt a thing

I find it funny when killers complain about "gen rushing" like sorry for doing my only objective in the game. Is it my fault that you cant apply map pressure well enough??? The term "gen rushing" is laughable and only serves 1 purpose which is as an excuse for terrible killers when they get outclassed. Killer mains only seem to know how to complain, it's not like we are the ones with the ability to kill our opposition

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Kisagi1990 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1511352#Comment_1511352

    As someone who loves playing killer I have to disagree with this. I have instances all the time of 3-4 players doing a gen at once across the map and I always get there first. You are not a smart killer if you check every gen between where you start and the farthest gen. So you go straight for it and you will get there first

    There are instances of both, you get there and stop it but it ends up being 70+ completed, or it get popped.

    Running ruin gets it to regress a bit but you can only chase one out of the 3 survs and then the other 2 will hop on it to complete it while you’re chasing the other dude anyway

  • Lmao, biased community sees something they don't like and simply call it bait. I respect your attempt OP, but different opinions don't fly here.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1512556#Comment_1512556

    ofc tunneling someone in a jungle gym or a safe loop is a bad idea. But let's say I hook someone at 5 gens, someone unhooks him and I hit him and eat his DS. The next time he goes on hook, why shouldn't I tunnel him as his DS is gone and he'll die?

    Well, you certainly could. It is situational. Tunneling means that three other Survivors are free to do pretty much what they want. When you are hooking multiple people it tends to mean some are working on healing up, and so on. No two games are the same, so you have to find your balance in each one. Tunneling can quickly turn into an endless loop or a massive amount of time spent. Good Survivors who understand they are being tunneled are going to milk it for the team. Count on it.

    I tunnel someone for tactical reasons, but not because doing so is a solid methodology. For example, if someone is carrying the team and it is painfully obvious, I'll try to cut that person out as quick as possible. Sometimes I'll tunnel and Mori as fast as I can at the start to put the fear of the Mori into everyone left, slowing down a gen rush. On rare occasion I will tunnel and face camp someone who was obnoxious and tea-bagged me. This is petty, I know but I'm only human. The key takeaway is don't tunnel for the sake of tunneling. It isn't a universally useful tactic. Tunnel for a specific reason in a specific game.

  • @TheFrog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1511232#Comment_1511232

    Red rank survivor but nah clearly don’t play surv at all. I’m looking at the argument from both sides as to not be biased like you and so many others on this forum.

    Personally idc about gen speeds being what they are but do agree that they can be too fast.

    And you clearly cannot read properly, dyslexia maybe? But I said that if you get 3 or even 4 survivors to spawn together and all get on the closest gen on the opposite side of the map it’s easy to pop it before the killer can get there

    Any other questions, queries or doubtful points you want me to make clearer to you champ?

    i play both side yes there a lot of biased on both side.i mean gen do go fast if all survivor start together or if the all go on they own gen,survivor need a 2nd objective.

  • Survivors should have to repair a total of 8 generators. And no more than two should be allowed on 1 gen, at a time. PLUS, generator repair time should be increased by a minute.

  • "So it wasn't bait??? Someone wants to take away the easiness for me??? OMG"

  • @D_Orien said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1512962#Comment_1512962

    "So it wasn't bait??? Someone wants to take away the easiness for me??? OMG"

    Seriously. Do you actually believe what you originally wrote?

  • @DominicR529 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1512966#Comment_1512966

    Seriously. Do you actually believe what you originally wrote?

    Extra gen repair time, is little insurance to the killer. No more than 2 people on a gen is completely fine. Gens are being done quickly with 2 people at a time anyway, but stopping 3-4 people repairing a gen is completely fair. Let me walk you, through every killer match. Killer chases 1 person, downs them, 1 gen is done. They hook, hunt down another and 1 gen is done or 2. In around 5 minutes, 2-3 gens are already done. Having 8 gens is completely balanced. It stops survivors dominating almost.


    And the kicker is, there should be only 2 gens left for finishing last gen -- NOT 3. 3 to patrol is totally unfair. This game is completely Survivor sided and as soon as someone like me talks about nerfing this bs, people like you think they have any right to complain. What audacity. I'm a survivor main myself, PRECISELY because the game is survivor sided. Maps are a huge problem too. Some maps are too big. Worst of all is most killer perks are total ds.

  • Discussing whether genrushing exists is like discussing that the earth is not flat with a flat earthed.

    The concept is fairly easy to understand, all genrushing is, is the survivors prioritizing doing gens over healing, saving survivors in hooks etc.

    It isn't survivors doing gens because the killer isn't pressuring them enough, that's unrelated to gensrushing.

    An example of genrushing would be that the killer has one survivor on hook and chasing another survivor which is the obsession. Survivor 3 and 4 are already injured and instead of healing or saving the hooked survivor, they'd repair two gens instead of saving hooked survivor even though they know it will put the hooked survivor in second phase. They also know that the killer isn't camping thanks to obsession.

    I'm not saying it's a bad tactic but it does exist.

  • I wish killers were smarter about how they carried themselves in the thread, everytime they fall for obvious bait like this, I cringe. This person clearly isn't interested in a discussion with you.

  • @idiott said:

    As the game is so balanced towards survivors that is 95% of what I play now and yes I used to be able to gen rush until MMR matched me with players of similar MMR....................

    Or you could just..... idk..... maybe just.... you know.... get good? The game is very well balanced. Killers just want to get easier kills. Then when they get it, survivors want better abilities to survive. Then killers whine because they cant get their easy kills anymore. It's just like the thread I was in called "Delete the Hatch." Dude in there wanted the hatch deleted because if he gets 3k, the survivor doesnt deserve to survive and the killer deserved his 4k because gens weren't done. Its ridiculous to say that it's balanced towards survivors just cause you suck at killing. Just like "gen rushing." It's just a killer complaint because they suck.

  • @D_Orien said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1512971#Comment_1512971

    Extra gen repair time, is little insurance to the killer. No more than 2 people on a gen is completely fine. Gens are being done quickly with 2 people at a time anyway, but stopping 3-4 people repairing a gen is completely fair. Let me walk you, through every killer match. Killer chases 1 person, downs them, 1 gen is done. They hook, hunt down another and 1 gen is done or 2. In around 5 minutes, 2-3 gens are already done. Having 8 gens is completely balanced. It stops survivors dominating almost.

    And the kicker is, there should be only 2 gens left for finishing last gen -- NOT 3. 3 to patrol is totally unfair. This game is completely Survivor sided and as soon as someone like me talks about nerfing this bs, people like you think they have any right to complain. What audacity. I'm a survivor main myself, PRECISELY because the game is survivor sided. Maps are a huge problem too. Some maps are too big. Worst of all is most killer perks are total ds.

    Um...... wow. You do know maps have 7 gens, not 9, right? So completing 4 gens would leave 5 gens to fix for 9 gens and 4 gens for 8. You mean to have 6 gens so 2 are left.


    And are you at all trying to bait? Cause 3 gens are just fine. 90% of the time, killer is able to hold up the game because they are patrolling. You get close he swats at you, making you run away, busts the gen then keeps patrolling. The game is perfectly balanced for both sides so give it up.

  • I think at this point most of us can agree that any killer that uses "gen rushing" as an excuse for losing is clearly in the wrong rank

  • @DominicR529 said:

    I think at this point most of us can agree that any killer that uses "gen rushing" as an excuse for losing is clearly in the wrong rank

    Agreed

  • Apply pressure on a big map with a low pressure killer "ok". Play killer yourself against competent survivors and you will see, how fast you change your opinion.

  • since everyone else is giving their two cents about this, I'll take the obvious bait.

    No.

    genrushing is a thing.

    with the correct perks, items, and add-ons a survivor can finish a gen insanely quick (I think the fastest recorded is around 11 seconds). it's ludicrous how quickly I've had games end as a killer, and the pain is 10x worse when it's a SWF.

    yes, it is the only objective. and that is a problem. we need some sort of secondary objective that actually does something (and before you say totems, most see no reason to cleanse unless there is already a hex active. then they cry about NOED, but that's a topic for another day.) so that I can play a game longer than 3 minutes. it's actually the main reason I play survivor instead nowadays. it's so much easier and less stressful than killer, since I don't have to worry about the 2-3 gens that just popped at once before I had a CHANCE to even get halfway across the map.

    TL;DR, gen rushing exists and needs to be fixed with an important side objective.

  • @D_Orien said:

    Survivors should have to repair a total of 8 generators. And no more than two should be allowed on 1 gen, at a time. PLUS, generator repair time should be increased by a minute.

    survivors need a 2nd objective but that not the way to do it.

  • @CosmicParagon said:

    Explain how a clown or plague is supposed to "pressure" their way out of a gen popping in the time it takes them to cross the map

    Just get better at the game. Nothing else to it really...

  • @Getya_Mad said:

    Bait but I'll bite....okay, camping isnt a thing either. There, I win.

    Camping is a thing. Gen rushing is not. Survivors only have one objective... Complete gens... Its not a survivors fault if the killer isn't good enough to catch them

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1512901#Comment_1512901

    survivors need a 2nd objective but that not the way to do it.

    I kinda agree they need a second objective tbh.

  • As a survivor main, who has been 99ing everything in existence, old camping Bubba most closely emulated the survivor experience of sitting and holding a button waiting for something to happen. So that's what I did.

  • Tunneling/camping isn't a thing.

    I find it funny when survivors complain about "tunneling" and "camping" like sorry for doing my only objective in the game (killing survivors) the most efficient way possible by eliminating someone early. Is it my fault you can't avoid being caught well enough? The terms "tunneling" and "camping" are laughable and only serve 1 purpose which is as an excuse for terrible survivors when they get outclassed. Survivor mains only seem to know how to complain, it's not like we are the ones with the ability to run in circles and hit E to get some free distance to avoid the killer and act like we're doing something skillful while their 3 team mates hold M1 on generators.

    Untitled Image


  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    Tunneling/camping isn't a thing.

    I find it funny when survivors complain about "tunneling" and "camping" like sorry for doing my only objective in the game (killing survivors) the most efficient way possible by eliminating someone early. Is it my fault you can't avoid being caught well enough? The terms "tunneling" and "camping" are laughable and only serve 1 purpose which is as an excuse for terrible survivors when they get outclassed. Survivor mains only seem to know how to complain, it's not like we are the ones with the ability to run in circles and hit E to get some free distance to avoid the killer and act like we're doing something skillful while their 3 team mates hold M1 on generators.

    https://media1.giphy.com/media/l0K42u9hCg0x6XbLa/200.gif

    Again 2 completely different things... but sure mate, solid work there pal

  • @Freddo_Bagginz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1508035#Comment_1508035

    Camping is a thing. Gen rushing is not. Survivors only have one objective... Complete gens... Its not a survivors fault if the killer isn't good enough to catch them

    Camping is not a thing, Gen rushing is not a thing. Killers only have 1 objective, to kill survivors. So when I 99 a survivor on the hook it's not camping its doing my objective.

    It's not the killer fault if the survivors aren't organized enough to save the survivor.

  • @cranzer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1514019#Comment_1514019

    Camping is not a thing, Gen rushing is not a thing. Killers only have 1 objective, to kill survivors. So when I 99 a survivor on the hook it's not camping its doing my objective.

    It's not the killer fault if the survivors aren't organized enough to save the survivor.

    Camping only hinders you own game tho lol

  • If getting a 4k is a hindrance then I need more objectives to make the game play more fun.

  • @cranzer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1514140#Comment_1514140

    If getting a 4k is a hindrance then I need more objectives to make the game play more fun.

    4ks against low ranks don't class as skill

  • Please keep this thread on topic and do not insult other posters, if you are unable to discuss this civilly this thread will be closed.

  • As people couldn't manage to keep things respectful, I'm locking this now

1 2 3 ›