Gen rushing isnt a thing

I find it funny when killers complain about "gen rushing" like sorry for doing my only objective in the game. Is it my fault that you cant apply map pressure well enough??? The term "gen rushing" is laughable and only serves 1 purpose which is as an excuse for terrible killers when they get outclassed. Killer mains only seem to know how to complain, it's not like we are the ones with the ability to kill our opposition

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @DominicR529 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1507805#Comment_1507805

    It's not a thing

    Is it survivors fault? No

    Can killers help it? Yes but most dont have the skill

    Is bhvr the ones to blame? Kinda for certain killers

    You really show your bias here

  • i just had 2 games with spirit. i have around 300-400 hours only playing her, and maybe 300-400 hours other killers. I'm not a god, but i'm ok, and she is the best killer in the game probably. I also play meta perks.

    It was impossible for me to do anything. They splitted up on gens (both were probably swf, all from the same country). Only solution would be probably stay near the hook and hope for a fast save to add pressure. I tried to go after the survivors that BBQ showed me and that were on gens. They were hiding or holding W effectively when i approached the gens. I didn't chased them long. But gens were flying in both games. This for me is the true indicator that something is heavily unbalanced in this game. It's so absolutely not fun, and the new MMR gives me either this or absolute newbies with 50h in the game.

    If it stays like that, i'm out for good, that's for sure. Survivors is too bland to play on a motivated, regular basis

  • @Kisagi1990 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1508602#Comment_1508602

    Even if people rush gens, "gen rushing" isnt a thing. If it is it only became so because killers whined about it in the first place. But it doesnt exist. People just get gens dont fast sometimes. And no matter the map, a killer has the power to stop the gens. Hell I'd say "gen looping" is more of a thing then "gen rushing" will ever be. Especially since it's a term the killers made to complain about being outsmarted as quickly as possible.


    I understand your point which is why I always say its overused and misused as a term. I've had 3 or 4 bnp in one game with multiple prove thyself and got obliterated in the first few minutes on a few separate occasions. That's what I mean when I say it but I'm not directing it at them like they are ######### for it. Some people just see it as they're doing their objective. I just say it referring to a game that went significantly faster than my usual games, and I play against good survivors so if they pop extra fast, they're god tier. People just made a name for something that happens and a lot of killers abuse the term to make it seem like they didnt get outplayed and it was out of their control. Sometimes it was and sometimes they didnt play their cards right

  • @DominicR529 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1507770#Comment_1507770

    You want it to die because you refuse to see the truth. In denial

    Is tunneling not real too then?

    Because it's the most effective way to apply pressure as killer.

  • I mean... bro has a point though.

    What else should we do? Sit in the open and just let you killers find us so you can hook us and win? Sorry, you don't get free wins all the time??? You can get across the map fast enough to stop someone working on a gen. It's all in how you loop, if you cannot loop well enough then that is not the survivor's problem. If you down someone within 20 seconds, you're probably good. If you down someone within a minute or more, you suck and that's why you cannot pressure. I have seen actually skilled killers be able to make it so either no gens get done or at least only two gens get done at max.

    Just admit you're not good instead of crying "gen rushers!"


    But as some killers have said, yes "gen rushing" is the equivalent to tunneling. Doing gens to get out & survive = survivor objective. Killing survivors = killer objective. Getting a weak link out of the game applies pressure. But yet... at the saaaame tiiiime... all of you killers saying "Well how about tunneling?" are also the ones who complain about gen rushing probably. So don't throw "tunneling is the equivalent of gen rushing" in our face when you believe in the term gen rushing and get mad about it but yet think there's nothing wrong with tunneling.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm a survivor main and never believed people should get as mad as they do about tunneling (I understand a bit though when it's like 'Why should we play if we can't actually play because we're just tunneled out of almost every match?'). But if killer mains don't want us getting butthurt 'bout tunnels then I don't wanna see no killer getting butthurt about genrushing. It's annoying to see.

  • @TheFrog said:

    I play both sides of the game (mainly surv) and can indeed say that gen rushing is a real problem in the game.

    The generators pop way to fast especially when there are 2,3,4 people on them at a time. If spawns are good enough 3 or 4 players can get on a gen and pop it before the killer can even get to the opposite side of the map (which will be where survs are likely to spawn).

    Gen rushing is just the equivalent of tunneling and camping though so no one can complain about one if they do the other because they’re just as bad

    I would much rather have 2,3 survivors smashing one gen in 30 seconds, than 4 survivors doing 4 separate gens.

  • This thread is funny

  • Just like tunneling and camping isn’t a thing

  • @NoObzBoiYT said:

    Just like tunneling and camping isn’t a thing

    Why do salty killer mains keep saying this. They're 2 completely different things. Lol

  • @Kisagi1990 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1508448#Comment_1508448

    The speed is the problem of the killers. If people choose to not be healed that's perfectly fine. They dont have to. The believe survival is a better tactic then healing. Doesn't mean its gen rushing. Gen rushing is a term created by sour killers because the survivors outsmarted them and completed their objective quickly. Gen rushing is not a thing.

    Sigh nevermind

    You're not really comprehending what i'm saying

  • @Hobnob_Muncher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1508701#Comment_1508701

    Not really because whilst your tunnelling someone the rest of the survivors are doing gens and your only putting yourself at a disadvantage.

    Exaclty. Why cant they seem to understand capming and tunneling puts you at a disadvantage and encurouges what they call "gen rushing"

  • Got a question what's your opinion on tunneling

    105604752_3052105894905010_1203688965202988123_n.jpg


  • As you are so clearly a killer main I'd like to know you opinion on tunneling

  • Yeah like the killrushing AKA "tUnnElInG"

  • @Avilgus said:

    Yeah like the killrushing AKA "tUnnElInG"

    Tunneling AKA being an idiot and costing yourself the 4k 80% of the time

  • @Hobnob_Muncher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1509282#Comment_1509282

    I don't mind tunnelling all that much, mainly because I'm able to loop the killer for a large portion of the match. My problem with tunnelling is when I get tunnelled my teammates complete gens as the killer is fixated on me and it's not until they lose do they realise this. They then for some reason think they lost because survivors are OP when in actuality they weren't playing properly and got punished for it.

    Facts 💯💯💯

  • @DominicR529 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1509315#Comment_1509315

    Tunneling AKA being an idiot and costing yourself the 4k 80% of the time

    It is your problem if a killer don't want a 4k 80% of the time, mr.Einstein ?

  • As I've said many times, gen rush does not actually exist. Survivors must do gens to either escape or power the gates or both. There are no other objectives required. You don't have to do totems, heal, unhook, or search chests unless you want to.

    The killer mains around love to blame everything for their failures. They're on here every day with a new thread trying to get something nerfed or "removed from the game" instead of looking inward.

    I challenge any killer with a complaint to go play for an entire day as a survivor (either SWF or solo) and count how many times whatever the "excuse" is occurred. If it happens 40% or more of the time, then you can create a thread. Otherwise, recognize that the common denominator in all of your killer matches is you and perhaps you just need to get good or switch killers or play survivor or play something else.

  • @Hobnob_Muncher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1508701#Comment_1508701

    Not really because whilst your tunnelling someone the rest of the survivors are doing gens and your only putting yourself at a disadvantage.

    Depends on the situation. A freshly uncaged survivor is a high priority target for pyri.

  • Survivors who refuse to heal, never group, and focus doing gens over saving their teammates is genrushing. It's not necessarily a bad thing as it's a reliable counter to strong killers like Spirit who are great in chases. The main problem is those games when they do happen just aren't fun for anybody because no one is really interacting with the other players which is generally where the complaints come from.

    However, the devs stated they are planning to add an end game collapse system to the start of the game so it'll give all killers some time to either set up or get a hook before gens start getting done.

  • @Crowman said:

    Survivors who refuse to heal, never group, and focus doing gens over saving their teammates is genrushing. It's not necessarily a bad thing as it's a reliable counter to strong killers like Spirit who are great in chases. The main problem is those games when they do happen just aren't fun for anybody because no one is really interacting with the other players which is generally where the complaints come from.

    However, the devs stated they are planning to add an end game collapse system to the start of the game so it'll give all killers some time to either set up or get a hook before gens start getting done.

    If I star a gen and am over halfway done, ima finish it first. And if killer is camping, its smarter to not get them. So no. Not participating in teamwork is not "gen rushing" as it is either due to killers idiocy or killers idiocy. And even so survivors shouldnt HAVE to leave their gen at 60-80% just cause you wanna whine about them "prioritizing gens.

  • @Kisagi1990 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1509452#Comment_1509452

    If I star a gen and am over halfway done, ima finish it first. And if killer is camping, its smarter to not get them. So no. Not participating in teamwork is not "gen rushing" as it is either due to killers idiocy or killers idiocy. And even so survivors shouldnt HAVE to leave their gen at 60-80% just cause you wanna whine about them "prioritizing gens.

    If a gen you are already working on is almost done by all means finish it. Gen rushing would be a survivor gets hooked and you start a gen with 0 progress and finish it instead of rescuing, because the hooked survivor has 2 minutes before they die and gens take less time than that.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1510440#Comment_1510440

    If a gen you are already working on is almost done by all means finish it. Gen rushing would be a survivor gets hooked and you start a gen with 0 progress and finish it instead of rescuing, because the hooked survivor has 2 minutes before they die and gens take less time than that.

    That's people going to a gen thinking "SOMEBODY GET THEM! I HAVE A GEN!" Now if somebody gets hooked and the walk up to a gen right in front of the hook and start working on it from 0, then yes. I would agree with you. Most people just dont know if somebody is close to the hook or not so they just work a gen hoping someone does. If survivor has Kindred, I've never ever ever seen anybody leave them on the hook and I solo queue a lot.

  • @Kisagi1990 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1510478#Comment_1510478

    That's people going to a gen thinking "SOMEBODY GET THEM! I HAVE A GEN!" Now if somebody gets hooked and the walk up to a gen right in front of the hook and start working on it from 0, then yes. I would agree with you. Most people just dont know if somebody is close to the hook or not so they just work a gen hoping someone does. If survivor has Kindred, I've never ever ever seen anybody leave them on the hook and I solo queue a lot.

    Because genrushing tends to not happen in solo survivors, because it does require coordination. Also solo survivors are less likely to be okay with being left on a hook and sometimes they just kill themselves and move on.

    Actual genrushing is rare, but it is a thing. And you generally won't see it outside of a 4 man swf squad who can coordinate with each other.

  • @DominicR529 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1507777#Comment_1507777

    On a serious note tho. The way clown applies pressure is by ending chases quickly and plague but throwing up on everything to slow the survivors down

    To be fair. Plague throwing up on everything, more often than not survivors hyst work through it. It somewhat has no effect when it involves contact illness on objects, better than just thoroughly vomit On survivor.

    It makes for a good snicker-fit seeing a survivor SlipnSlide over a Goo'd up Pallet 😖

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    Baity boo baity haahaha go git dem killerz baity boi

    I think you meant batty boy lol

    It's 2020 so I expect and will embrace the ban with pride then proceed to make a new forum account on a throwaway email address the next time once i know what to expect and that I shouldn't complicate the process of making new accounts.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1510665#Comment_1510665

    Because genrushing tends to not happen in solo survivors, because it does require coordination. Also solo survivors are less likely to be okay with being left on a hook and sometimes they just kill themselves and move on.

    Actual genrushing is rare, but it is a thing. And you generally won't see it outside of a 4 man swf squad who can coordinate with each other.

    No. You think it does but I guarantee that they are going for their teammate. It's either you are face camping or lowkey camping where you walk a little distance away and come right back. Because I've been in teams that generally get accused of gen rushing. People are always either finishing gens rq or they are coordinating the rescue. Gen rushing doeant exist. Killers think it does because they cant see what the survivors are doing. Like I said. It would only exist if the gen is at 0 right in front of the survivor and they complete it there. That never happens. Only time a gen is completed in front of a survivor is if it's at 80% cause the killer busted it before leaving. It does not exist.


    @IIITweedleIII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1507795#Comment_1507795

    To be fair. Plague throwing up on everything, more often than not survivors hyst work through it. It somewhat has no effect when it involves contact illness on objects, better than just thoroughly vomit On survivor.

    It makes for a good snicker-fit seeing a survivor SlipnSlide over a Goo'd up Pallet 😖

    To be fair, I use this tactic all the time and it only really works with the las 3 gens. I always guide the survivors and always make sure I have 3 close gens. I've had people try to work through it with no success. I generally get 4k every time with her. So again, it's the killer,not the survivors

  • @Kisagi1990 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1510677#Comment_1510677

    No. You think it does but I guarantee that they are going for their teammate. It's either you are face camping or lowkey camping where you walk a little distance away and come right back. Because I've been in teams that generally get accused of gen rushing. People are always either finishing gens rq or they are coordinating the rescue. Gen rushing doeant exist. Killers think it does because they cant see what the survivors are doing. Like I said. It would only exist if the gen is at 0 right in front of the survivor and they complete it there. That never happens. Only time a gen is completed in front of a survivor is if it's at 80% cause the killer busted it before leaving. It does not exist.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1510685#Comment_1510685

    To be fair, I use this tactic all the time and it only really works with the las 3 gens. I always guide the survivors and always make sure I have 3 close gens. I've had people try to work through it with no success. I generally get 4k every time with her. So again, it's the killer,not the survivors

    I only gave you an example of what would be genrushing. This isn't about a killer camping a hook forcing survivors to do gens instead or survivors doing gens thinking someone else is going for the save.

    Genrushing is a team of survivors who focus on getting the 5 gens done over everything else. This includes leaving someone on the hook to do gens even when they could go for the save instead and know no one else is saving them. As I said this situation isn't common, but not non-existent.

  • @TheFrog said:

    I play both sides of the game (mainly surv) and can indeed say that gen rushing is a real problem in the game.

    The generators pop way to fast especially when there are 2,3,4 people on them at a time. If spawns are good enough 3 or 4 players can get on a gen and pop it before the killer can even get to the opposite side of the map (which will be where survs are likely to spawn).

    Gen rushing is just the equivalent of tunneling and camping though so no one can complain about one if they do the other because they’re just as bad

    This but survivors will usually spawn near you. Like one time, as nurse, someone spawned in my Los. They got downed in seconds.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1510741#Comment_1510741

    I only gave you an example of what would be genrushing. This isn't about a killer camping a hook forcing survivors to do gens instead or survivors doing gens thinking someone else is going for the save.

    Genrushing is a team of survivors who focus on getting the 5 gens done over everything else. This includes leaving someone on the hook to do gens even when they could go for the save instead and know no one else is saving them. As I said this situation isn't common, but not non-existent.

    It is non-existent. As a killer you would perceive it as such but I guarantee you that it isn't as you see it. As a killer, how do you know everyone is coordinating? As a killer, how do you see they are a team? As a killer, how do you know where all the survivors are and how they are reacting to a hooked survivor? You don't. Are you telling me you gen rush so you know from experience? Or are you telling me what you witness as a killer? Cause if it's as a killer, stop. You dont know at all what people are doing after you hook.

  • @Kisagi1990 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1510790#Comment_1510790

    It is non-existent. As a killer you would perceive it as such but I guarantee you that it isn't as you see it. As a killer, how do you know everyone is coordinating? As a killer, how do you see they are a team? As a killer, how do you know where all the survivors are and how they are reacting to a hooked survivor? You don't. Are you telling me you gen rush so you know from experience? Or are you telling me what you witness as a killer? Cause if it's as a killer, stop. You dont know at all what people are doing after you hook.

    I'm not speaking of a killer perspective. I'm telling you what genrushing is.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1510922#Comment_1510922

    I'm not speaking of a killer perspective. I'm telling you what genrushing is.

    And I'm telling you that it doesn't exist. It's just a perspective of the killer created to whine about being outsmarted quickly

  • @Kisagi1990 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1510942#Comment_1510942

    And I'm telling you that it doesn't exist. It's just a perspective of the killer created to whine about being outsmarted quickly

    It literally does exist, you’re only looking at it with tunnel vision and not seeing the wider problem.

    Gen speeds are too fast

  • @TheFrog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1510950#Comment_1510950

    It literally does exist, you’re only looking at it with tunnel vision and not seeing the wider problem.

    Gen speeds are too fast

    Whoa whoa whoa.... gen speeds are too fast? Not going there, man. Point is it doesnt exist.

  • @Chewy102 said:

    Single post user? Check

    Newly made account? Check

    Is this bait? Check.

    are these a daily thing now.?

  • so tunnel is just KILLrush, killer objective is kill only

  • You bring DS/BT, I bring Dying Light/Pop, its as simple as that

  • @whiteixal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1507802#Comment_1507802

    I have SO many things to say about your bone head, but I decided not to bc it only makes myself a fool

    have a nice day

    so many things to say and you went with bone head, also saying you are being the bigger person while insulting the other person doesn't make you the bigger person

  • @Hobnob_Muncher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1507863#Comment_1507863

    Nice bait but you clearly don't play survivor. No survivor ever has complained about gens getting completed too quickly

    Also if your letting 3 to 4 survivors complete a gen and are doing nothing to prevent this you're also a pretty bad killer as well...

    Thank you for that. I've been saying this the whole time. Some people just don't have the capacity to understand!

  • @Komi said:

    You bring DS/BT, I bring Dying Light/Pop, its as simple as that

    I'm confused. Do you believe in gen rush or not cause tbh, I agree with this.

  • @Kisagi1990 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1511227#Comment_1511227

    I'm confused. Do you believe in gen rush or not cause tbh, I agree with this.

    I believe it exists, and is literally how survivors are meant to play.

    If I spend five minutes looping a killer, only to see nobody had worked on gens by the time I'm hooked, those survivors are trash.

  • @Komi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1511258#Comment_1511258

    I believe it exists, and is literally how survivors are meant to play.

    If I spend five minutes looping a killer, only to see nobody had worked on gens by the time I'm hooked, those survivors are trash.

    I'm sorry to disagree then cause I still say doing gens in anyway does not signify "gen rushing"

  • @Kisagi1990 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1511267#Comment_1511267

    I'm sorry to disagree then cause I still say doing gens in anyway does not signify "gen rushing"

    What's being disagreed with? The term? Because there's a huge difference in a survivor doing gens, versus one doing gens with toolboxes and BNP. And the latter is definitely rushing it, which again, is a good thing for survivors to do if they want to win.

  • @Komi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1511270#Comment_1511270

    What's being disagreed with? The term? Because there's a huge difference in a survivor doing gens, versus one doing gens with toolboxes and BNP. And the latter is definitely rushing it, which again, is a good thing for survivors to do if they want to win.

    But by that logic, even me taking ina brown toolbox is classified as gen rushing. That is only a term used by killers to complain. Rushing gens and the term gen rushing are supposed to be 2 completely different things

  • @Hobnob_Muncher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1507863#Comment_1507863

    Nice bait but you clearly don't play survivor. No survivor ever has complained about gens getting completed too quickly

    Also if your letting 3 to 4 survivors complete a gen and are doing nothing to prevent this you're also a pretty bad killer as well...

    Red rank survivor but nah clearly don’t play surv at all. I’m looking at the argument from both sides as to not be biased like you and so many others on this forum.

    Personally idc about gen speeds being what they are but do agree that they can be too fast.

    And you clearly cannot read properly, dyslexia maybe? But I said that if you get 3 or even 4 survivors to spawn together and all get on the closest gen on the opposite side of the map it’s easy to pop it before the killer can get there

    Any other questions, queries or doubtful points you want me to make clearer to you champ?

  • @Kisagi1990 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1511283#Comment_1511283

    But by that logic, even me taking ina brown toolbox is classified as gen rushing. That is only a term used by killers to complain. Rushing gens and the term gen rushing are supposed to be 2 completely different things

    That's just it, as survivors, you all need to maintain the gen rush, keep it going as long as it can. The killers all need to stop it, prevent it, and keep the gen rush from continuing.

    Gen Rush isn't a term or action. Its the moment in every round where generators are uncontested and being repaired by multiple survivors. This is a gameplay element only Killers experience and must account for, lest they get filtered and lose.

  • @Komi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1511333#Comment_1511333

    That's just it, as survivors, you all need to maintain the gen rush, keep it going as long as it can. The killers all need to stop it, prevent it, and keep the gen rush from continuing.

    Gen Rush isn't a term or action. Its the moment in every round where generators are uncontested and being repaired by multiple survivors. This is a gameplay element only Killers experience and must account for, lest they get filtered and lose.

    But then still. The idea of "gen rush" as people perceive it is still non existent. I see what you are getting at and it's nothing like what these people complain about. There is a gen rush but only in the sense of uncontested gens as compared to people not using any other game mechanics besides gen completion. Is this what you mean?

  • @TheFrog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1511232#Comment_1511232

    Red rank survivor but nah clearly don’t play surv at all. I’m looking at the argument from both sides as to not be biased like you and so many others on this forum.

    Personally idc about gen speeds being what they are but do agree that they can be too fast.

    And you clearly cannot read properly, dyslexia maybe? But I said that if you get 3 or even 4 survivors to spawn together and all get on the closest gen on the opposite side of the map it’s easy to pop it before the killer can get there

    Any other questions, queries or doubtful points you want me to make clearer to you champ?

    As someone who loves playing killer I have to disagree with this. I have instances all the time of 3-4 players doing a gen at once across the map and I always get there first. You are not a smart killer if you check every gen between where you start and the farthest gen. So you go straight for it and you will get there first

  • @EmpireWinner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1507777#Comment_1507777

    Clowns advantage is to end chases quicker, plague on the other hand has either one shots or ranged attack, making her end chases quicker too

    Sure Clown can end chase very quickly but that doesn't do much unless you slug. traditionally downing and hooking survivors isn't efficient at all. Survivors consistently complain about slugging but its a legit strat. As for plague sure she makes you one hit but she still has to deal with pallets and loops.

  • I’ve had some killers in chat blame gen rushing for losing, but what else are survivors supposed to do? If you aren’t pressuring them then they will do gens.

    Countless nerfs to healing speed in the past has caused survivors to not heal & do gens and even encouraged builds that revolve around being injured.

    Chests don’t offer much unless you run Plunderers.

    If I see a totem I’ll cleanse but otherwise I don’t typically go out of my way to look for them when there’s gens still to do.

    And frankly these horrible maps with unsafe pallets just make me want to get rush more so 🤷🏻‍♀️

1 2 3