I love the new Oni skin, but...

What exactly makes it worthy of being a Legendary skin? It has no unique animations or sounds and his appearance changes very little between normal mode and demon mode (the least difference of any of his skins, actually). I was really hoping he would get a uniquely designed Kanabo, but I'm disappointed to see it is the same as the rest.

I can understand more of why Lisa Garland was made a legendary because she is a completely different character and at least has a different lobby pose than Cheryl. But I can't see what makes the Oni worth the extra 500 cells. I think it should have been a very rare set.

Comments

  • @JacksonWise said:

    What exactly makes it worthy of being a Legendary skin? It has no unique animations or sounds and his appearance changes very little between normal mode and demon mode (the least difference of any of his skins, actually). I was really hoping he would get a uniquely designed Kanabo, but I'm disappointed to see it is the same as the rest.

    I can understand more of why Lisa Garland was made a legendary because she is a completely different character and at least has a different lobby pose than Cheryl. But I can't see what makes the Oni worth the extra 500 cells. I think it should have been a very rare set.

    Right?

    This is just another shameless money grab.

    Like, for 1,080 AC, maybe I could understand...but it's not licensed, and what exactly makes it "legendary" enough to charge THAT much for a god damn skin?

    This kind of ######### is proof that BHVR doesn't give a crap about game health.

  • cash grab.

    the game doesn't have competitors, they really wouldn't even give 2 shlts if you left "Go play civilization or something", because they don't have anything to worry about. They know you'll eventually come back, so for now just pray with us a good competitor comes out and maybe this will push the devs a bit.

  • Normally, I try to give the devs the benefit of the doubt, but this decision has me scratching my head. At least give him a different-looking Kanabo and a unique roar and then maybe I could justify the purchase more.

  • For once I agree with calling this one a cash grab.

    Usually I'm quite reserved with BHRV's business practices (like when people say the rift is a cash grab with wich I disagree) but this skin is just so lacking to be legendary that I hope players won't buy it so that devs realise they should make legendary skins that are called legendary for their very high quality and not their legendary price tag.

    It's a shame how little effort was put into this skin overall, it's design is cool & all but it lacks things that would make it legendary like completely different weapon insted of kanabo or switched voice lines etc.

  • Valid points, but it looks cool.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/177668/i-love-the-new-oni-skin-but

    Right?

    This is just another shameless money grab.

    Like, for 1,080 AC, maybe I could understand...but it's not licensed, and what exactly makes it "legendary" enough to charge THAT much for a god damn skin?

    This kind of ######### is proof that BHVR doesn't give a crap about game health.

    Exactly its just a terrible way to get more money this skin is nothing but a scam to me

  • I'm glad to see other people are disappointed as well. BHVR has the right to update cosmetics so I hope they take this feedback seriously and make the skin more unique. I don't have a problem paying extra for a Legendary skin. But it really needs to have that "WOW" factor. It needs to set itself apart from the rest.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    Valid points, but it looks cool.

    Believe me half the skins don't look as cool as the trailer even with ultra

    Test subject 1 Doctor looks cool

    Trapper's seaside traveller looks cool

    Almost half of legion's skins looks cool even if you exclude the bunnies

    Wraith's candle head looks cool

    Hag's medusa looks cool

    Spirit's samurai armor looks cool

    Legion's viper ghost looks cool



    All of the above go for 10 bucks or less.

  • It's just a cool looking cash grab. Like with 98% of the cosmetics, I'll be waiting until the price drops by a lot.

  • @slim0b said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1496203#Comment_1496203

    Believe me half the skins don't look as cool as the trailer even with ultra

    Test subject 1 Doctor looks cool

    Trapper's seaside traveller looks cool

    Almost half of legion's skins looks cool even if you exclude the bunnies

    Wraith's candle head looks cool

    Hag's medusa looks cool

    Spirit's samurai armor looks cool

    Legion's viper ghost looks cool

    All of the above go for 10 bucks or less.

    Exactly. There are so many other skins that look just as cool (if not cooler) for cheaper. The Greek Clown and Spirit skins are leagues better considering what you're getting for what you're paying.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    It's just a cool looking cash grab. Like with 98% of the cosmetics, I'll be waiting until the price drops by a lot.

    They will (hopefully) take the feedback seriously and make the skin worth the price before they lower it.

  • It's a minotaur. A completely different character. I think having a minotaur Oni is ######### awesome personally.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    It's a minotaur. A completely different character. I think having a minotaur Oni is ######### awesome personally.

    I agree it's awesome and I was super excited when I found out about it. But there is nothing about the skin that makes it worth an extra 500 cells. They promised Legendary skins would be completely unique and set themselves apart from the rest and this one fails miserably. As it is right now, it's a perfectly acceptable very rare set.

  • @JacksonWise said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1496325#Comment_1496325

    I agree it's awesome and I was super excited when I found out about it. But there is nothing about the skin that makes it worth an extra 500 cells. They promised Legendary skins would be completely unique and set themselves apart from the rest and this one fails miserably. As it is right now, it's a perfectly acceptable very rare set.

    In my opinion, what makes it worth more, is that it's a completely different character than the Oni himself. Can you imagine how much longer it took the design team to make this skin than any other?

  • Imo the best skin we ever got. I'm still not gonna buy it because the price is ridiculous.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1496335#Comment_1496335

    In my opinion, what makes it worth more, is that it's a completely different character than the Oni himself. Can you imagine how much longer it took the design team to make this skin than any other?

    Not really. The head is the most unique thing about it. They gave him hooves, a tail, a new weapon, and some other minor changes. Trapper's Seaside Psycho skin (as just one example) has much more detail than this.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1496335#Comment_1496335

    In my opinion, what makes it worth more, is that it's a completely different character than the Oni himself. Can you imagine how much longer it took the design team to make this skin than any other?

    This is the key difference. It makes him BECOME a minotaur, not dressed like one.

    As lackluster as some may feel it is (I mean, it is a minotaur ffs, it's not exactly a new unique thing), it completely changes the character as a whole. It's not the oni as much as the onis kit on the minotaur.

  • Yep, I know and I'm fine with that. I've already got all the cosmetics that I like enough to pay $10+ dollars for.

    @JacksonWise said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1496278#Comment_1496278

    They will (hopefully) take the feedback seriously and make the skin worth the price before they lower it.

    That'd be cool too. I'm fine with either option (making the skin worth the $15 or lowering the current price).

  • I love the oni skin but it really shouldn't have been legendary.

  • They're trying the waters once again, to see how many people are wasting $15 for a subpar skin. If enough people do it, they'll do more "legendary" skins.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1496345#Comment_1496345

    This is the key difference. It makes him BECOME a minotaur, not dressed like one.

    As lackluster as some may feel it is (I mean, it is a minotaur ffs, it's not exactly a new unique thing), it completely changes the character as a whole. It's not the oni as much as the onis kit on the minotaur.

    Considering the skins they've made before though (for cheaper), I know they can do better than this. I don't want the devs to become lazy and settle. I want them to continue challenging themselves. Very few people are happy with this skin. It's leaving a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1496171#Comment_1496171

    Exactly its just a terrible way to get more money this skin is nothing but a scam to me

    No one wants you to buy it. Keep your worthless opinion for yourself. It's a skin. Not a character. The dbd community is legit the only community that is too stupid to understand what "skin" means.

  • Completely true. Legendary skins, by value, should be to do with Licensed charaters only - auric cell purchased cosmetics that alter your survivor/killer into a new version from that franchise. Cheryl ~ Lisa; 'Freddy Krueger ~ Robert Englund's; 'Steve/Nancy ~ Jim/Joyce etc not spending £10 on a cosmetic for an original killer. It looks soooo good I actually hate the devs, right now, for making it Legendary :(

  • Of course it is a cash grab, just like every other skin. They aren't running a charity. They spend resources on skins and offer them for a price. Judging by how many "paid" skins i see when i play, they could probably charge even more for them.

    I have yet to buy a skin, but I do spend my shards on them. Too bad this minotaur skin is auric cells only or I would jump on it, looks pretty cool.

  • While I freely admit I skimmed much of the discussion, I'm strongly in agreement that this is NOT a legendary skin. What defines a legendary skin is a unique Voice, animation, (or weapon type as some had suggested above with Oni's Secondary weapon being the same in every skin). To call certain skins legendary and make them even more expensive than the current maximum price, they should provide more than the best of the very rare skins. This skin (while I don't own it I have already seen and played against it ingame to confirm this myself) does not add any unique animations or sounds, and Oni's club is identical to other versions. Compare this to Lisa Garland that has a unique standing animation that differentiates her from Cheryl. Of course, I will concede that Minotaur Oni could have a unique standing animation that I don't know about, but for obvious reasons this doesn't have the same impact as a unique survivor pose. It is common practice in other games that Legendary skins add a mechanical change to animations, voices, or effects (often all 3, but lets be honest DBD isnt a MOBA). Legendary skins in DBD should be no different, and continue with the industry standard as well as the standards they set with Lisa Garland (which are already pretty low).

    Mind you, this is an AMAZING skin that clearly someone put a lot of work into. Personally I'm a terrible Oni player but I really want to buy it myself just because of how awesome it looks (And Greek lore is amazing!). I have nothing against the skin itself simply that as far as I can tell it doesn't meet the criteria to be labelled a legendary skin, because of that on principal I have to suggest others to not buy it until this is corrected.

    (Okay After close inspection from what i could see in the store. There is one small change to his standing animation in which the angle of his blade on his shoulder is shifted simply so it doesn't clip as he is slightly taller with larger shoulder muscles. While I understand the need to change an animation based off of a skin does exponentially increase the workload... Such a small change should at least be accompanied by a significant change to the animation, not a minor clipping adjustment. Like it took me at least 10 minutes to find this change. That's not the kind of animation change that makes a Very Rare skin legendary.)

  • They didn't do the hind legs correctly.

    LEgs.PNG

    I don't use Oni, so it doesn't bother me.

    But holy Jesus, 1485 Auric Cells?!

    The only aspect that "turns him into a Minotaur" is his head, everything else except for the toes are human.

    I don't understand.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Sweet_Feng said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1496205#Comment_1496205

    No one wants you to buy it. Keep your worthless opinion for yourself. It's a skin. Not a character. The dbd community is legit the only community that is too stupid to understand what "skin" means.

    Wow, DO you need a hug

  • No I don't need anything I just want the community to stop being stupid

  • @Sweet_Feng said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1497457#Comment_1497457

    No I don't need anything I just want the community to stop being stupid

    Yep you need hug