Stop with the fixed cosmetics

When i buy a cosmetic i wanna mix and match but behavior had the great idea to take that freedom from us

Comments

  • I get that people like to mix and match cosmetics, ive done it myself with nearly all the characters, but this really isnt that big a deal.


    If you dont like the idea of the fixed cosmetics, then just dont buy them and bob's your uncle no cosmetics are fixed

  • For example the new legendary Oni skin, the weapon is locked. I can't understand why

  • I wish we could have some parts be unlinked however when wanting to use some things we need the whole set.

    Example with Nea's cosmetic. You could use the head on whatever but if you wanted to use the hoodie you'd need the full set.

  • Can someone enlighten me why Clown's Lord Of The Underworld skin is linked, I cannot find any part of it that would look strange/clip excessively if separated.

    I want my shirtless clown.

  • @Snapshot said:

    For example the new legendary Oni skin, the weapon is locked. I can't understand why

    same with clown. I really dont get why weapons are linked too. Or Janes head. Soo lame

  • @Golden_spider said:

    Can someone enlighten me why Clown's Lord Of The Underworld skin is linked, I cannot find any part of it that would look strange/clip excessively if separated.

    I want my shirtless clown.

    It's not about it look strange/clip, it's for you to commit to a look.

    @Snapshot said:

    For example the new legendary Oni skin, the weapon is locked. I can't understand why

    The weapon is part of the look, therefore it needs to be locked.

  • I'm fine with it as long as they look good except weapons. I feel like they should be interchangeable.

  • @Iceman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1495802#Comment_1495802

    It's not about it look strange/clip, it's for you to commit to a look.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1495627#Comment_1495627

    The weapon is part of the look, therefore it needs to be locked.

    You really think so? I definitely do not, but whatever.

  • @Iceman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1495802#Comment_1495802

    It's not about it look strange/clip, it's for you to commit to a look.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1495627#Comment_1495627

    The weapon is part of the look, therefore it needs to be locked.

    That's not the reason the dev's use when asked why they made cosmetic sets. They said it's to create new ideas that won't clip and they don't have to worry about it potentially looking bad with other cosmetics. The answer that has always came out of their mouth every time this is brought up is clipping issues.

  • I get that by locking skins they can get creative and stuff and ok, but like clown’s weapon and Jane’s head for example makes nonsense being locked with the rest, imo.

    They could make it so in both situations, if u equip the top of this cosmetics it would also equip the lower one, since they would look weird separated, and then leave the killer’s weapon and survivor’s head to the owner of the account to choose from.

    I don’t see what would be the problem, unless they wanna do a complete different person like they did with Lisa, in that case, I understand everything being locked.

  • @idektbh said:

    I get that by locking skins they can get creative and stuff and ok, but like clown’s weapon and Jane’s head for example makes nonsense being locked with the rest, imo.

    They could make it so in both situations, if u equip the top of this cosmetics it would also equip the lower one, since they would look weird separated, and then leave the killer’s weapon and survivor’s head to the owner of the account to choose from.

    I don’t see what would be the problem, unless they wanna do a complete different person like they did with Lisa, in that case, I understand everything being locked.

    Exactly. Even Neas head looked fine with other cosemtics.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1496029#Comment_1496029

    That's not the reason the dev's use when asked why they made cosmetic sets. They said it's to create new ideas that won't clip and they don't have to worry about it potentially looking bad with other cosmetics. The answer that has always came out of their mouth every time this is brought up is clipping issues.

    oh okay, I never knew they answered this question. Thank for the clarity. That make sense on why Jane is the first one to have a complete full dress.

  • @Iceman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1496065#Comment_1496065

    oh okay, I never knew they answered this question. Thank for the clarity. That make sense on why Jane is the first one to have a complete full dress.

    That's why people are made we can't at least mix and match the heads and weapons as those will almost never experience clipping issues.