New Survivor Idea? Lgbt+ character

Hi guys! Yesterday I read a post (don't remember where) that said that Devs wanted to add more "diversity" in the survivors' cast. What about adding a drag queen? It would be definetely a nice concept, with interesting outfits and creative perks. Also, when I try to imagine a drag queen in dbd I instantly get Trixie Mattel, she's an active dbd player and streamer and I'm sure she'd be glad to help. Anyways this is just a very light idea. I want to know what kind of perks would you imagine a Drag queen would have in the game. (Let's hope she can have heels at least hahah)

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Walker_of_the_fog_96 said:

    I think bhvr's idea is not to give sexual preference to its characters, so players can identify with their own survs and killers. So both a homosexual person and a heterosexual person can feel identified with David King, Yui Kimura, Jake Park, etc.

    Why? because these characters have no sexual preference.

    and I think it should stay like this.

    You mention David King, but the fact that they actually revealed that he had a girlfriend is one of the reasons why the devs revised their original statement of not giving sexual preferences because they have contradicted themselves multiple times. (Nurse, Joey+Julie, David King, Ace [outfit descriptions])

    it didn’t stay like this since Nurse. They can’t revert it now but they can start not excluding other relationships than hetero ones. And that’s what they want to do.

  • @Viziation said:

    Lmao

    Of course the first thing people think when the devs mentioned LGBT characters is adding a drag queen

    Yeah. Clearly the first thing that came after that tweet.

    actually it’s almost always those that „don’t care“ but also think „it wouldn’t fit“ that are coming first when LGBT is mentioned.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1489853#Comment_1489853

    You mention David King, but the fact that they actually revealed that he had a girlfriend is one of the reasons why the devs revised their original statement of not giving sexual preferences because they have contradicted themselves multiple times. (Nurse, Joey+Julie, David King, Ace [outfit descriptions])

    it didn’t stay like this since Nurse. They can’t revert it now but they can start not excluding other relationships than hetero ones. And that’s what they want to do.

    There's a B in LGBT

  • There is currently no B in DbD. Only heterosexual relationships.

    i did not imply those chars can only be hetero, but the lore has excluded any mention of non hetero relationships while including hetero relationships.

  • Honestly? Hell yeah. That would be so fun. I would also love to see some iconic horror queens like Elvira. Or a horror drag queen like Sharon Needles?

  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1490084#Comment_1490084

    Not debatable, you see it all the time. I didn't say all or even most, I said there are trolls. That is not subject to debate. Not saying you're wrong about that accusation which is thrown out easily but I couldn't say "most" because idk.

    Well I'm gay and I certainly don't want it. I hate how often we're represented by stereotypes like that, and would much rather see a character that isn't flamoyant or feminine, or exceedingly butch if it's a female.

  • @Gylfie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1490204#Comment_1490204

    I love how your profile picture even fits with what you just said. xD

    doesnt legion have a fur suit?

  • @Auron471 said:

    As a furry, can we get a survivor who wears a fur suit? I mean. There is a disproportional amount of LGBT in the furry community, and thus having a guy furry character will knock out two birds with one survivor. :P

    Pretty sure in the first skin contest ever there was a David King in a lion costume or smth who applied.

  • I would rather this not happen.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1490090#Comment_1490090

    Well I'm gay and I certainly don't want it. I hate how often we're represented by stereotypes like that, and would much rather see a character that isn't flamoyant or feminine, or exceedingly butch if it's a female.

    Well I am gay too and don't see how it would affect neither me or you. I take it you aren't a very flamboyant or feminine person based on your response, and neither am I, but some people do identify with the type of people drag queens are and shouldn't be excluded from representation. I've always said that stereotypes exist for a reason. This one happens to be so because there are a lot of flamboyant and feminine gay guys out there.

  • @calem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1490402#Comment_1490402

    Well I am gay too and don't see how it would affect neither me or you. I take it you aren't a very flamboyant or feminine person based on your response, and neither am I, but some people do identify with the type of people drag queens are and shouldn't be excluded from representation. I've always said that stereotypes exist for a reason. This one happens to be so because there are a lot of flamboyant and feminine gay guys out there.

    Sure, people who like drag queens want "representation" well they should go get some "representation" somewhere else. This is equivalent to going into a bar and having a band play "I saw the sign" It just doesn't fit at all. It alienates the base audience, if someone wants a representation in a videogame they should go play a different videogame than DBD. Adding a drag queen would be one of the worst things ever, for a game that's dark and gritty.


    It would ruin the entire theme of the game, it doesn't belong. I also hope bvhr gets rid of some of the ridiculous skins they've added aswell.

    There are plenty of drag queens with "Representation." But to be frank. If I see bvhr shoving that down peoples throats, I'll just straightup quit. Because by doing that they're legit ruining the whole point of a horror game.

  • @calem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1490402#Comment_1490402

    Well I am gay too and don't see how it would affect neither me or you. I take it you aren't a very flamboyant or feminine person based on your response, and neither am I, but some people do identify with the type of people drag queens are and shouldn't be excluded from representation. I've always said that stereotypes exist for a reason. This one happens to be so because there are a lot of flamboyant and feminine gay guys out there.

    That's the issue, they aren't "excluded from representation," they're what we see every time there's some form of 'gay' representation. It's like putting in racial stereotypes then going "oh but that's ok because some people are represented by that."

  • @anarchy753 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1490574#Comment_1490574

    That's the issue, they aren't "excluded from representation," they're what we see every time there's some form of 'gay' representation. It's like putting in racial stereotypes then going "oh but that's ok because some people are represented by that."

    ^ This.

  • @Gylfie said:

    As a gay guy (did I just come out on this forum? 🤔), I would absolutely hate to see a drag queen added to the game. This would not make me feel included or represented because I don't relate to that kind of thing at all. It is way too stereotypical, flamboyant and over the top and I don't like that that is what people think of when I tell them I'm gay. There you go, my reasoning.

    I agree with many of the other comments I've read about just casually revealing that one of the characters has, or used to have, a same-sex relationship. This would keep it small, no big deal, and would still make gay people feel included.

    Well said. And if you have just come out then fair play to you. I absolutely agree with what you say here as I have gay friends and they hate the ideas od drag queens and for the same reason. It's like adding a new straight person and having them in fancy dress, it does not represent the person. So having them have been in a same sex relationship in their story is really all it would need, rather than literally making it stand out like being gay is different. It's not. We are all equal. Well said, my friend. :)

  • @anarchy753 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1490574#Comment_1490574

    That's the issue, they aren't "excluded from representation," they're what we see every time there's some form of 'gay' representation. It's like putting in racial stereotypes then going "oh but that's ok because some people are represented by that."

    A drag queen is not a stereotypical gay person though. They could just make the dragqueen straight (many of them are). They could also give that person different cosmetics and the drag cosmetic would just be something like Jeff’s Black Metsl outfit.

  • @andre70x7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1490574#Comment_1490574

    Sure, people who like drag queens want "representation" well they should go get some "representation" somewhere else. This is equivalent to going into a bar and having a band play "I saw the sign" It just doesn't fit at all. It alienates the base audience, if someone wants a representation in a videogame they should go play a different videogame than DBD. Adding a drag queen would be one of the worst things ever, for a game that's dark and gritty.

    It would ruin the entire theme of the game, it doesn't belong. I also hope bvhr gets rid of some of the ridiculous skins they've added aswell.

    There are plenty of drag queens with "Representation." But to be frank. If I see bvhr shoving that down peoples throats, I'll just straightup quit. Because by doing that they're legit ruining the whole point of a horror game.

    After those rabbit outfits for legion and Dwight the elf, a drag outfit would be the thing that would make you quit? Because that is ruining the theme?

    That is just a weak argument and feels like you are trying to hide the fact why you really hate on LGBT+ representation

  • okay i understand your intention to bring some "diversity" into the game and dev said it and all....but sexuality is not the main point here, I've seen too many people asking for LGBT characters in video games forums but creating character is not a easy as that, you can't slap a character with an LGBT "brand" and call it done, especially to the extent of drag queen.

    you need to understand that not everyone will accept or ready to accept the idea and sexuality shouldn't be the main topic of the character, usually in video games they're very subtle with LGBT character and their sexuality, they need to stand out why they're special (such as "X is special because of his courage to fight and never give up from the entity etc) and what lore behind them that makes their story so special and not just based on their sexuality.

  • @RalfBehalf said:

    okay i understand your intention to bring some "diversity" into the game and dev said it and all....but sexuality is not the main point here, I've seen too many people asking for LGBT characters in video games forums but creating character is not a easy as that, you can't slap a character with an LGBT "brand" and call it done, especially to the extent of drag queen.

    you need to understand that not everyone will accept or ready to accept the idea and sexuality shouldn't be the main topic of the character, usually in video games they're very subtle with LGBT character and their sexuality, they need to stand out why they're special and what lore behind them that makes their story so special and not just based on the sexuality

    The devs have made their point for those not accepting LGBT+ pretty clear on their Twitter responses, and I am very glad about that.

    the problem with the written lore and including LGBT+ not just for the sake of it is a pretty good and valid argument though. But still no reason not to include it. They also have stated they already have a char that is LGBT+ but didn’t state who because at that time they said they don’t want to reveal the specialities (even though the chars have been created with that in mind!) so I assume they can write LGBT chars without making them bland or stereotypical, as seen by that specific char that nobody can guess who it is.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1490685#Comment_1490685

    The devs have made their point for those not accepting LGBT+ pretty clear on their Twitter responses, and I am very glad about that.

    the problem with the written lore and including LGBT+ not just for the sake of it is a pretty good and valid argument though. But still no reason not to include it. They also have stated they already have a char that is LGBT+ but didn’t state who because at that time they said they don’t want to reveal the specialities (even though the chars have been created with that in mind!) so I assume they can write LGBT chars without making them bland or stereotypical, as seen by that specific char that nobody can guess who it is.

    That's awesome then, so we already have an LGBT character in the first place, my point in the previous comment was sexuality shouldn't be the main topic of a character such as a drag queen (i wouldn't mind myself for more LGBT character to be added of course) and usually games do a very subtle to sexuality confirmed by your reply, IMO everyone is special by their own personality and attitude like Dwight who is an anxious leader for example and not just by their sexuality.

  • The thing people don't understand about LGBT+ people, is that they're not dressed up in rainbows and massive "I AM GAY!" signs pointing at them.

  • @Pawcelot said:

    The thing people don't understand about LGBT+ people, is that they're not dressed up in rainbows and massive "I AM GAY!" signs pointing at them.

    But a Dragqueen is somehow dressed... obviously ;-)

    but then again being a dragqueen doesn’t even mean being gay but it’s a performance art that is heavily associated with LGBT+ community.

    i can understand that having a dragqueen as the only representation of LGBT+ would shine a false light on the whole representation debate. But as one of multiple LGBT chars that may not even be gay to begin with it could be a cool inclusion.

  • If you want a drag queen, they could just add drag outfits for male characters already in the game. Wraith could definitely pull off a good look. Calling specific attention to it Edit: (with a specific character designed for it) in a game where most of the characters don't even have voices, let alone mention of their sexuality, would have a 'very special episode'/PR stunt feel.

  • I think that's an excelent idea, but is gonna be great if the lgbt character was from some horror movie I guess.

  • If they do it and it's not Trixie Mattel, I would be very upset lol. She's really the only drag queen candidate for a Survivor because she's a huge fan of the game and it wouldn't read as a publicity stunt or whatever but a DLC like Ash, Bubba, or Ghost Face.

    But, honestly, I don't really think a drag queen would really fit into the game just as a character they created. And by the looks of it, a lot of people are uncomfortable by the idea (come on guys, it's not that serious). Plus, Corset + Heels + Wig + Tuck + Urban Evasion = Pain lmao

  • @APopp said:

    If they do it and it's not Trixie Mattel, I would be very upset lol. She's really the only drag queen candidate for a Survivor because she's a huge fan of the game and it wouldn't read as a publicity stunt or whatever but a DLC like Ash, Bubba, or Ghost Face.

    But, honestly, I don't really think a drag queen would really fit into the game just as a character they created. And by looks of it, a lot of people are uncomfortable by the idea (come on guys, it's not that serious). Plus, Corset + Heels + Wig + Tuck + Urban Evadion = Pain lmao

    I am now remembering Evelynn's old quote from [Undisclosed Game Name].

    *Enters stealth as she runs*

    "You have no idea how hard it is to do this in heels."

1 2 ›