this is only gona perjudicate killers im not impressed. why restricting the character i want to play? you dont even allow me to prepare for what i see, now i find myself dodging lobbys becasue i dont want to face that with the killer i have choosen in the pre looby, is dumb is not a good solution, and as usual is hurting the side that suffers the most as if killers didnt have enough already.
It's far more important to get per-Killer MMR into the game. In order to match Killers with Survivors appropriately according to the skill level the Killer player has with the selected Killer, we must lock the Killer selection in the lobby. Otherwise, switching Killer would require booting all the Survivors out who don't match the newly-selected MMR for that Killer.
would i be possible to buy blood web items with a killer you are not queued with while we wait for a match?
They can change addons and perks still. So the contention that "the Killer can't do anything about it now" is incorrect.
Allowing Killer swaps will make per-Killer MMR impossible, and we need that feature.
3 Times in a row you avoid the question with ######### PR responses. You guys are a ######### joke and suck ass at even using half of your brain before implementing your ######### updates.
@Almo My God you guys will always be survivor sided huh. You want to make this fair then lock survivors too. And please stop saying survivors are all the same, no they aren't. They can still change their entire build and add-ons by switching last minute. Give both sides the same treatment (there's no reason not to) and stop with the bias please. And you say with this update players can no longer know which killer they'll be going against, well they will always figure out how to exploit that. I'm sure they will always find a way with that program they're using. @Peanits
Because with the MMR system you could pick Clown or a killer you don't play much or are bad at to get inexperienced low-MMR survivors, then swap to your P3 50 Freddy and crush them easily.
IIRC (Maybe I'm wrong.) the whole point of survivors being visible is so the killer can adapt/react to them and what they're bringing. If everyone swaps to Blendette with flashlights and key the last second I can't equip franklins or lightborn even though I was otherwise willing to swap out a perk slot for them. Survivors are technically mostly cosmetic. I just want the survivors themselves and their items locked at 30 so you can't swap at the last second. Changing your cosmetics, perks, and addons are fine, but by changing survivors you are able to quick-swap to an item.
I just find it frustrating since usually these players tend to act super toxic. Yes this means I am stereotyping quickswitchers as toxic but it's usually what happens in my experience, especially if they're quickswapping to someone who's P3 Legacy.
You can switch perks, add-ons and offerings in the lobby.
yep so don't see why survivor shouldn't be lock since they can switch all of that anyway, it just make the killer toxic and encourage dodging
I dont see why not either, to be fair I dont mind Survivors being able to switch but if its going to make a lot of people happy they can go with it, its not a huge inconvenience. The only reason I see for them to not touch the Survivor thing is because it requires touching the code and knowing the resileince of it I fear they could introduce even more bugs, other than that im totally fine with Survivors being locked.
With each update that appears, killers are increasingly at a disadvantage. Maps are already built for survivor's advantage + survivors can play in a team (they can talk to each other in discord, they can make plans, .... ), the game itself and the mechanics of the game benefit the survivors more and more. I say that those who play killer, can take a break, in the form of protest for these offensive updates against killers.
The new Devs ignore the voice of community for a long time, and this is a big problem, the game exists because of us. "Balance" is just a word for this game, it is no longer a hope.
They can change addons and perks still. So the contention that "the Killer can't do anything about it now" is incorrect.
Allowing Killer swaps will make per-Killer MMR impossible, and we need that feature.
Do you actually know what the last second swap is? You know the second before the heart beat counts down and everyone is locked into everything. Like 6 seconds to 5 seconds?
Do you know of some way to change add ons and perks during that time because I certainly don't. And if you don't know how... then you actually can't adjust your build to what the survivors last second swap to.
I have other questions but I leave with this for now.
Do you actually know what the last second swap is? You know the second before the heart beat counts down and everyone is locked into everything. Like 6 seconds to 5 seconds?
Do you know of some way to change add ons and perks during that time because I certainly don't. And if you don't know how... then you actually can't adjust your build to what the survivors last second swap to.
I have other questions but I leave with this for now.
How would allowing the player to switch between killers solve that? Because that's the topic of the thread. The person he's responding to is incorrectly implying that the recent change made last-second switches more of a problem by saying "killers can't do anything about it now". If I'm not mistaken, that's all Almo is responding to.
Perhaps he should have made that clearer by also addressing the second part of the comment, but it was also getting off topic at that point since, if we can agree that the killer can't do anything about it regardless of whether they're allowed to switch killers or not, last-second switches are really another discussion entirely. For fairness' sake, I should say that I don't think he's necessarily communicating this in the best way, and it's making people feel unheard, but I think the point Almo and Peanits are trying to make is that neither allowing killers to switch character in lobby, nor locking survivors into place so they can't switch characters, would solve the problem of last-second switching. It's a separate issue, for which Sinister's suggestion could work, but again it's better discussed in a separate thread since it's not really relevant to the recent changes.
They can change addons and perks still. So the contention that "the Killer can't do anything about it now" is incorrect.
Allowing Killer swaps will make per-Killer MMR impossible, and we need that feature.
No, they can't, and no, it's not incorrect.
At 5 seconds in the countdown, everyone is automatically locked. If survivors see with a cheat you are a trapper, and then at 6 seconds four of them suddenly switches to a characters with rainbow maps and detective's hunch, then you have one second left to take out your ruin and maybe bring a mori, because you just got hard countered. I repeat. You have one second to do this.
It's mentioned in the patch notes, but switching killers while queuing is disabled in preparation for the upcoming matchmaking system. You'll have a separate rating for each killer, so you'll be locked to the killer you have selected when you start queuing. It's not active on PC just yet.
So do survivor get locked into the current skin as well? A lot of quick switching from survivors last second used to let the killer quick switch to a toxic build when survivors did so.
It's far more important to get per-Killer MMR into the game. In order to match Killers with Survivors appropriately according to the skill level the Killer player has with the selected Killer, we must lock the Killer selection in the lobby. Otherwise, switching Killer would require booting all the Survivors out who don't match the newly-selected MMR for that Killer.
Can we at least get a change to the matchmaking to not put us back into the same lobby we've just left? It's annoying for both sides. I see yellow ping as survivor and I leave. I see a bunch of ######### the killer I feel like playing is bad against and I leave. Hell, I see that same 4 man SWF that I get in my lobby 4 times a night and can't be bothered dealing with them and I leave.
What's the point in putting me back in that exact same lobby 15 seconds later? I'm no more likely to stay. I have to wait longer. THEY have to wait longer because you aren't giving them someone different.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Would have been nice to have an official reply regarding the "Last Second Switch."
It would be less of an issue if killers werent the major way to counter certain playstyles
this is only gona perjudicate killers im not impressed. why restricting the character i want to play? you dont even allow me to prepare for what i see, now i find myself dodging lobbys becasue i dont want to face that with the killer i have choosen in the pre looby, is dumb is not a good solution, and as usual is hurting the side that suffers the most as if killers didnt have enough already.
would i be possible to buy blood web items with a killer you are not queued with while we wait for a match?
3 Times in a row you avoid the question with ######### PR responses. You guys are a ######### joke and suck ass at even using half of your brain before implementing your ######### updates.
i love how the threat died before a certain video, how convenient
@Almo My God you guys will always be survivor sided huh. You want to make this fair then lock survivors too. And please stop saying survivors are all the same, no they aren't. They can still change their entire build and add-ons by switching last minute. Give both sides the same treatment (there's no reason not to) and stop with the bias please. And you say with this update players can no longer know which killer they'll be going against, well they will always figure out how to exploit that. I'm sure they will always find a way with that program they're using. @Peanits
You can switch perks, add-ons and offerings in the lobby.
yep so don't see why survivor shouldn't be lock since they can switch all of that anyway, it just make the killer toxic and encourage dodging
I dont see why not either, to be fair I dont mind Survivors being able to switch but if its going to make a lot of people happy they can go with it, its not a huge inconvenience. The only reason I see for them to not touch the Survivor thing is because it requires touching the code and knowing the resileince of it I fear they could introduce even more bugs, other than that im totally fine with Survivors being locked.
With each update that appears, killers are increasingly at a disadvantage. Maps are already built for survivor's advantage + survivors can play in a team (they can talk to each other in discord, they can make plans, .... ), the game itself and the mechanics of the game benefit the survivors more and more. I say that those who play killer, can take a break, in the form of protest for these offensive updates against killers.
The new Devs ignore the voice of community for a long time, and this is a big problem, the game exists because of us. "Balance" is just a word for this game, it is no longer a hope.
I think he is referring to the 4man swf who all swap to flashlights last second so you cannot equip franklin's or lightborn
Do you actually know what the last second swap is? You know the second before the heart beat counts down and everyone is locked into everything. Like 6 seconds to 5 seconds?
Do you know of some way to change add ons and perks during that time because I certainly don't. And if you don't know how... then you actually can't adjust your build to what the survivors last second swap to.
I have other questions but I leave with this for now.
How would allowing the player to switch between killers solve that? Because that's the topic of the thread. The person he's responding to is incorrectly implying that the recent change made last-second switches more of a problem by saying "killers can't do anything about it now". If I'm not mistaken, that's all Almo is responding to.
Perhaps he should have made that clearer by also addressing the second part of the comment, but it was also getting off topic at that point since, if we can agree that the killer can't do anything about it regardless of whether they're allowed to switch killers or not, last-second switches are really another discussion entirely. For fairness' sake, I should say that I don't think he's necessarily communicating this in the best way, and it's making people feel unheard, but I think the point Almo and Peanits are trying to make is that neither allowing killers to switch character in lobby, nor locking survivors into place so they can't switch characters, would solve the problem of last-second switching. It's a separate issue, for which Sinister's suggestion could work, but again it's better discussed in a separate thread since it's not really relevant to the recent changes.
No, they can't, and no, it's not incorrect.
At 5 seconds in the countdown, everyone is automatically locked. If survivors see with a cheat you are a trapper, and then at 6 seconds four of them suddenly switches to a characters with rainbow maps and detective's hunch, then you have one second left to take out your ruin and maybe bring a mori, because you just got hard countered. I repeat. You have one second to do this.
So do survivor get locked into the current skin as well? A lot of quick switching from survivors last second used to let the killer quick switch to a toxic build when survivors did so.
Can we at least get a change to the matchmaking to not put us back into the same lobby we've just left? It's annoying for both sides. I see yellow ping as survivor and I leave. I see a bunch of ######### the killer I feel like playing is bad against and I leave. Hell, I see that same 4 man SWF that I get in my lobby 4 times a night and can't be bothered dealing with them and I leave.
What's the point in putting me back in that exact same lobby 15 seconds later? I'm no more likely to stay. I have to wait longer. THEY have to wait longer because you aren't giving them someone different.