Ds and unbreakable

Ok first im a survivor main, I do play a good amount of killer and ive played at high ranks and seen just about every b.s. strat each side can do. So this is my opinion on DS. First it DOES need a rework. But not a nerf or a buff, I think it should be more situational and anti tunnel. First it deactivates if someone else is hooked when the perk is active. Second the timer is permanent unless you get fully healed or work on gens. Because if you want to progress the game you have to realize by negating pressure the killer has you should lose your invinciblity. I think this would fix alot of its misuse, because it should drive you to heal and still give the killer pressure not make you invincible. And as for unbreakable well with these changes it would still balance this and unbreakable is fine as is. So I hope you guys see my reasoning and also im only doing this as like a rough draft so its not a full idea and it can be built upon like it deactivates permanently if the exits are powered or gens get finis hed way too fast because then a killer has to comeback somehow

Comments

  • @Komodo16 said:

    Ok first im a survivor main, I do play a good amount of killer and ive played at high ranks and seen just about every b.s. strat each side can do. So this is my opinion on DS. First it DOES need a rework. But not a nerf or a buff, I think it should be more situational and anti tunnel. First it deactivates if someone else is hooked when the perk is active. Second the timer is permanent unless you get fully healed or work on gens. Because if you want to progress the game you have to realize by negating pressure the killer has you should lose your invinciblity. I think this would fix alot of its misuse, because it should drive you to heal and still give the killer pressure not make you invincible. And as for unbreakable well with these changes it would still balance this and unbreakable is fine as is. So I hope you guys see my reasoning and also im only doing this as like a rough draft so its not a full idea and it can be built upon like it deactivates permanently if the exits are powered or gens get finis hed way too fast because then a killer has to comeback somehow

    DS is fine the term "anti tunnel" came from the community and was never attended that's why DS was a escape jail free card in the first place. BT was anti tunnel perk. You have to ask why do survivors run DS? The meta perks became meta because of the way killers played that being tunneling the slugging that's where unbreakable comes in.

    I'm not saying killers cant play this way but you cant play a certain way then expect survivors to not adjust there builds to counter it.

    One more thing the famous unbreakable counters out counter to DS well stridor counters our counter to iron will so what's the difference?

  • @Komodo16 said:

    Ok first im a survivor main, I do play a good amount of killer and ive played at high ranks and seen just about every b.s. strat each side can do. So this is my opinion on DS. First it DOES need a rework. But not a nerf or a buff, I think it should be more situational and anti tunnel. First it deactivates if someone else is hooked when the perk is active. Second the timer is permanent unless you get fully healed or work on gens. Because if you want to progress the game you have to realize by negating pressure the killer has you should lose your invinciblity. I think this would fix alot of its misuse, because it should drive you to heal and still give the killer pressure not make you invincible. And as for unbreakable well with these changes it would still balance this and unbreakable is fine as is. So I hope you guys see my reasoning and also im only doing this as like a rough draft so its not a full idea and it can be built upon like it deactivates permanently if the exits are powered or gens get finis hed way too fast because then a killer has to comeback somehow

    I find it hard to believe you are a survivor main. I don't even main survivor exclusively and find this proposition the worst I have ever seen. Perks that synergize is supposed to be stronger together. You are actually feeling sorry for a killer for losing, the gates are OPENED, and you want a survival perk disabled.

    What happens if the killer is a stealth killer, he waits for you to get unhooked, touch a gen, or get fully healed, and then commences to tunnel because he knowingly knows DS is disabled? This is why it shouldn't have deactivation conditions because it be so easily exploited by killers, and it is precisely why killers want this.

    NO! It was already reworked. Stop crying about a situational perk.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/174903/ds-and-unbreakable

    I find it hard to believe you are a survivor main. I don't even main survivor exclusively and find this proposition the worst I have ever seen. Perks that synergize is supposed to be stronger together. You are actually feeling sorry for a killer for losing, the gates are OPENED, and you want a survival perk disabled.

    What happens if the killer is a stealth killer, he waits for you to get unhooked, touch a gen, or get fully healed, and then commences to tunnel because he knowingly knows DS is disabled? This is why it shouldn't have deactivation conditions because it be so easily exploited by killers, and it is precisely why killers want this.

    NO! It was already reworked. Stop crying about a situational perk.

    Buddy don't tell me what I am and what I am not. I try my best to be logical and objective which is why I can easily say killers have it worse and I dont play killer nearly as much as survivor. Its because im.not biased and taking sympathy or looking at truth does not mean that I favor one side

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1477469#Comment_1477469

    Buddy don't tell me what I am and what I am not. I try my best to be logical and objective which is why I can easily say killers have it worse and I dont play killer nearly as much as survivor. Its because im.not biased and taking sympathy or looking at truth does not mean that I favor one side

    Oh pleez. Killers don't have it worse buddy. I can easily win most of the time and you can watch any streamer on twitch and they win almost every damn time. Give it a rest.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/174903/ds-and-unbreakable

    DS is fine the term "anti tunnel" came from the community and was never attended that's why DS was a escape jail free card in the first place. BT was anti tunnel perk. You have to ask why do survivors run DS? The meta perks became meta because of the way killers played that being tunneling the slugging that's where unbreakable comes in.

    I'm not saying killers cant play this way but you cant play a certain way then expect survivors to not adjust there builds to counter it.

    One more thing the famous unbreakable counters out counter to DS well stridor counters our counter to iron will so what's the difference?

    It is fine to run DS if you don't want to get tunneled, but when you don't tunnel and it's used, it's a get out of jail free card.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1477467#Comment_1477467

    It is fine to run DS if you don't want to get tunneled, but when you don't tunnel and it's used, it's a get out of jail free card.

    Nah get out of jail free was old ds not this one.

  • So, 60 seconds of immortality isn't a get out of jail free card?

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1477569#Comment_1477569

    So, 60 seconds of immortality isn't a get out of jail free card?

    No not when you are getting tunneled also it is a skill check meaning not guaranteed you will hit it. Besides it was infinite get out of jail free back in the day didnt have a timer or anything. I get killers who will slug me for 60 seconds than come back just to get me to second hook. That's why I originally put on unbreakable. Killers would hard tunnel if the opportunity arises. So the 60 seconds of "immortality" is needed.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1477570#Comment_1477570

    No not when you are getting tunneled also it is a skill check meaning not guaranteed you will hit it. Besides it was infinite get out of jail free back in the day didnt have a timer or anything. I get killers who will slug me for 60 seconds than come back just to get me to second hook. That's why I originally put on unbreakable. Killers would hard tunnel if the opportunity arises. So the 60 seconds of "immortality" is needed.

    Fair enough if the killer is tunneling, but the timer is so long, that it rewards bad players even if you don't tunnel. Everyone with at least 5 hours in the game can hit that skill check USUALLY. Also, if the counter to the small pp build is waiting the timer out, you are literally throwing the game because of your low map pressure. I was around when old DS was a thing and it was ludacris, maybe it's a less ludacris now, but it's still dumb.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1477606#Comment_1477606

    Fair enough if the killer is tunneling, but the timer is so long, that it rewards bad players even if you don't tunnel. Everyone with at least 5 hours in the game can hit that skill check USUALLY. Also, if the counter to the small pp build is waiting the timer out, you are literally throwing the game because of your low map pressure. I was around when old DS was a thing and it was ludacris, maybe it's a less ludacris now, but it's still dumb.

    Unnerving presence doc would like to know your location.

  • @Enlyne said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1477638#Comment_1477638

    Unnerving presence doc would like to know your location.

    No god please no. Don't forget huntress lullaby and overcharge.

  • @Khakuate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1477114#Comment_1477114

    How do you exactly know if they have unbreakable? Oh yeah, you can't. (Unless you're hacking)

    If the unhooked DS user would hook rush, you could easily slug 2 survivors, even if they pick themselves up they're not a gen!! and while they're picking themselves up, you could be pressuring the gens or chasing someone else, and you're applying pressure to 3 survivors.

    There is a thing called "paying attention" People with unbreakable recover significantly faster, and can recover to 99%, which means they can be picked up by another survivor in a split second. Killers using strange things called eyeballs can recognize those signs. But hey, at least you made a post without using the word "bias"

  • @finitethrills said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1477130#Comment_1477130

    There is a thing called "paying attention" People with unbreakable recover significantly faster, and can recover to 99%, which means they can be picked up by another survivor in a split second. Killers using strange things called eyeballs can recognize those signs. But hey, at least you made a post without using the word "bias"

    You say that like killers can see the recovery bar

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476904#Comment_1476904

    Yeah as I've said its more of a rough draft and if they start healing I mean it could work but you have to make thos perk situational because if someone starts healing them without them wanting it they can get screwed but I do agree

    That's a good point that I hadn't considered. Hmm...

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476632#Comment_1476632

    We aren't discussing deerstalker and infectious are we? DS and unbreakable is extremely stupid. It gives you a full minute of immortality regardless if you tunnel or not. Let's say I'm playing hag. Place a trap at the hook, guy gets unhooked, teleport back and hit the unhooker with make your choice and hook him. The unhooked guy is self caring in the distance and I see him with nurses calling, I hit and down him. Now I have 2 options 1: Pick the guy up and lose all of my pressure on this guy when I didn't even tunnel. 2: Leave him on the ground only for him to pick himself up and lose all of my pressure. That is absolutely stupid, regardless of how many times you can use it. There aren't any killer combos as strong and uncounterable as that.

    This is the issue I have when people say this is that if you slug him maybe he unbreakables and saves that guy and it would take like what 30 to 40 seconds? Well if they are a swf he just wasted that unbreakable and now you can slug him so much later forcing people to save him and not to mention if his teammates go to save him and the slug that's one person on a gen meaning you have pressure even if youre not directly applying it and you have to keep that pace or else you will lose your pressure. But I do know that its easier said than done but I've screwed so many survivors over by eating ds early so I could rebook them.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476632#Comment_1476632

    We aren't discussing deerstalker and infectious are we? DS and unbreakable is extremely stupid. It gives you a full minute of immortality regardless if you tunnel or not. Let's say I'm playing hag. Place a trap at the hook, guy gets unhooked, teleport back and hit the unhooker with make your choice and hook him. The unhooked guy is self caring in the distance and I see him with nurses calling, I hit and down him. Now I have 2 options 1: Pick the guy up and lose all of my pressure on this guy when I didn't even tunnel. 2: Leave him on the ground only for him to pick himself up and lose all of my pressure. That is absolutely stupid, regardless of how many times you can use it. There aren't any killer combos as strong and uncounterable as that.

    This is the issue I have when people say this is that if you slug him maybe he unbreakables and saves that guy and it would take like what 30 to 40 seconds? Well if they are a swf he just wasted that unbreakable and now you can slug him so much later forcing people to save him and not to mention if his teammates go to save him and the slug that's one person on a gen meaning you have pressure even if youre not directly applying it and you have to keep that pace or else you will lose your pressure. But I do know that its easier said than done but I've screwed so many survivors over by eating ds early so I could rebook them.

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476914#Comment_1476914

    Well I said it needs to be situational so that could be addresses in it as well this is only to make it anti tunnel.

    So ds will deactivates when taking other person off hook to then huh?

1 2 ›