Midwich Elementary School is becoming a huge problem (EDIT - OoO is the larger problem)

So I just had a 3 player SwF, all running Object of Obsession bring an offering to go to Midwich Elementary School. From the moment they spawned they just ran around to stay on the opposite corner of the map to me the WHOLE match.

The random was the only person I could actively chase so they suicided very early after realising that their team were not playing the game properly. I had to run around in circles for about 15 minutes to get two of them to kill themselves on hook while the final guy got hatch.

They got really toxic because I was playing infinite tier 3 Myers (Which I was only playing to use up items before prestige) but had I not randomly done this: they would have wasted even more of my time.

I understand Survive with Friends can be advantageous and a lot of fun but when you & your friend's idea of "fun" is abusing a questionably designed map and a very broken perk to waste the time of other random players and actively ignoring standard objectives, I think they are going just a bit too far. Surely playing the game for the sole purpose of wasting people's time and making them angry should not be okay.

They just told me to keep crying, stop playing broken toxic killers, stop playing solo and get a life. Said that they couldn't be banned for just playing the game (though they arguably weren't).

After 1100+ hours in this game trust me, I'm almost used to people being very uncivil and absurdly hateful at times. But surely doing all of this must be some kind of bannable offense (Even if it is just temporary). It's really unhealthy for people to "play" like this and not have any form of consequences.

Your fun should NEVER be just trying to ruin other people's fun.

Do I report these players? Have they actually broken any rules set out by the developers? Clearly something needs to be done because as long as they keep getting Mary's Letter offerings they can keep doing this to people.

Censored Midwich Problem.jpg Censored Post-Game.jpg


Comments

  • If I was in a match with an Infinite tier 3 Myers I'd be on the opposite side of the map too.

  • all i can say is think of this game when you are put in a position of mercy, whether it is tunneling a survivor or not giving them hatch. It's pointless to bring up situations like this to the devs, they have made it quite clear that they don't really care about how mentally taxing their game is on their players. I guess they think that because it's a horror game it's fine, when the thing is the game isn't scary at all, just frustrating to play. Even going as far as to joke about it when asked a legitimate question about mental health.

    https://youtu.be/3XeACeKejcA?t=55


  • @Tactless_Ninja said:

    If I was in a match with an Infinite tier 3 Myers I'd be on the opposite side of the map too.

    That's fair enough but I think their intention wasn't due to the killer or the addons I was using

  • It really depends. I don't know everything that happened the game, but you the only possible things I can think of are holding the game hostage and harassment. For holding the game hostage, I don't believe you described it as fitting as such. Possible harassment based off chat and in game. Did you record any of it?

  • @ThatLukoriusGuy said:

    So I just had a 3 player SwF, all running Object of Obsession bring an offering to go to Midwich Elementary School. From the moment they spawned they just ran around to stay on the opposite corner of the map to me the WHOLE match.

    The random was the only person I could actively chase so they suicided very early after realising that their team were not playing the game properly. I had to run around in circles for about 15 minutes to get two of them to kill themselves on hook while the final guy got hatch.

    They got really toxic because I was playing infinite tier 3 Myers (Which I was only playing to use up items before prestige) but had I not randomly done this: they would have wasted even more of my time.

    I understand Survive with Friends can be advantageous and a lot of fun but when you & your friend's idea of "fun" is abusing a questionably designed map and a very broken perk to waste the time of other random players and actively ignoring standard objectives, I think they are going just a bit too far. Surely playing the game for the sole purpose of wasting people's time and making them angry should not be okay.

    They just told me to keep crying, stop playing broken toxic killers, stop playing solo and get a life. Said that they couldn't be banned for just playing the game (though they arguably weren't).

    After 1100+ hours in this game trust me, I'm almost used to people being very uncivil and absurdly hateful at times. But surely doing all of this must be some kind of bannable offense (Even if it is just temporary). It's really unhealthy for people to "play" like this and not have any form of consequences.

    Your fun should NEVER be just trying to ruin other people's fun.

    Do I report these players? Have they actually broken any rules set out by the developers? Clearly something needs to be done because as long as they keep getting Mary's Letter offerings they can keep doing this to people.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/AA5RY29DQS09/censored-midwich-problem.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ANTRFLIEFK3V/censored-post-game.jpg

    You could do that on any map.

  • Well, they're literally holding the game hostage so if you had a recording of it and ran them around for a few minutes and sent that in..

  • @Samwise444 said:

    It really depends. I don't know everything that happened the game, but you the only possible things I can think of are holding the game hostage and harassment. For holding the game hostage, I don't believe you described it as fitting as such. Possible harassment based off chat and in game. Did you record any of it?

    I don't record my gameplay and that post-game was basically just a slew of the 3 of them spamming just get good, broken addons, baby killer, you had wall hacks the whole game, cry more, we were just having fun.

  • KYF should be the only iteration of SWF there is otherwise you get cancer like this.

    Remove SWF, keep KYF and the only people crying are the people who do this toxic crap.

  • The difference with every other map is the are no obstacles stopping you from reaching the player that you can see with OoO other than maybe a small hill or stair case. The whole of Midwich is a 2 huge loops stacked on top of each other with side rooms. which only have 4 access points in corners. It took me almost 10 minutes of walking to catch up to one of them because they can just keep running me around in circles and the only way to reach them when they can see exactly where you are is brute force because if you "mind game"? they just switch direction.

  • Except Midwich is known for the long hallways and no way to cut survivors off so it's litereally just holding w.

  • @Tricks said:

    KYF should be the only iteration of SWF there is otherwise you get cancer like this.

    Remove SWF, keep KYF and the only people crying are the people who do this toxic crap.

    I wouldn't go that far, maybe just have perk restrictions of some kind. would make this OoO garbage less viable and mean that a party of players would actually have some variety of perks instead of the exact same meta build every time. Kinda helps the game in two ways there.

  • I was watching a twitch streamer and his pc always crashes on Midwich and Haddonfield...

  • @ThatLukoriusGuy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470818#Comment_1470818

    The difference with every other map is the are no obstacles stopping you from reaching the player that you can see with OoO other than maybe a small hill or stair case. The whole of Midwich is a 2 huge loops stacked on top of each other with side rooms. which only have 4 access points in corners. It took me almost 10 minutes of walking to catch up to one of them because they can just keep running me around in circles and the only way to reach them when they can see exactly where you are is brute force because if you "mind game"? they just switch direction.

    Lmao, learn the map

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470818#Comment_1470818

    Except Midwich is known for the long hallways and no way to cut survivors off so it's litereally just holding w.

    Midwich is known for being the new map that people dont know yet. There are shortcuts, find them.

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470848#Comment_1470848

    Midwich is known for being the new map that people dont know yet. There are shortcuts, find them.

    shortcuts through the, what? just teleport through the closed walls or something?

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470877#Comment_1470877

    shortcuts through the, what? just teleport through the closed walls or something?

    Clearly it just means you have to play nurse who is bugged on the map and can't even teleport down hallways.

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470848#Comment_1470848

    Midwich is known for being the new map that people dont know yet. There are shortcuts, find them.

    The only short cuts on the map are between floors and even then they are still too slow and opening them only helps the survivor's more.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470877#Comment_1470877

    shortcuts through the, what? just teleport through the closed walls or something?

    Do you play with your eyes close? You must.

  • Wow. You sure are antagonistic. While there are ways to move between floors and Midwich is a new map. There are many areas on the map that are broken which both streamers and other players have pointed out. It is a fun map, but it is definitely harder to navigate then the other indoor maps.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470884#Comment_1470884

    Clearly it just means you have to play nurse who is bugged on the map and can't even teleport down hallways.

    ah yeah my bad time to learn Napkin

    eyesight aint the best ill give you that but if you can tell me how to get through the courtyard when you're anywhere highlighted in blue:

    image.png

    without the survivor with OoO managing to counter-rotate perfectly please. I'm All Ears.

  • Thanks for talking down to people, really constructive for discussion.

    There are no shortcuts when there are 3 players watching you with OoO. I understand it's a new map but so was dead dawg saloon and sanctum of wrath. This a completely different kind of map design flaw. It's not just because it's new

  • @Samwise444 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470902#Comment_1470902

    Wow. You sure are antagonistic. While there are ways to move between floors and Midwich is a new map. There are many areas on the map that are broken which both streamers and other players have pointed out. It is a fun map, but it is definitely harder to navigate then the other indoor maps.

    Instead of admitting you got beat you instead blame the broken mao or the OP oerks or blah blah blah more crying and more excuses

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470913#Comment_1470913

    Instead of admitting you got beat you instead blame the broken mao or the OP oerks or blah blah blah more crying and more excuses

    Ummm, I don't know if you know this, but this isn't my thread or my game that I had questions about. If you are blaming him for playing with their eyes closed, you must be reading this thread with your eyes closed.

  • lol Meyers is likely the most balanced killer in the game. Pretty salty of them to call it broken. lol

    Midwhich gives me migraines. The entire thing is a blur of color due to my colorblindness. I just go hang out in the courtyard and look at the ground while walking around. If I try to do more, I end up with a migraine.

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470913#Comment_1470913

    Instead of admitting you got beat you instead blame the broken mao or the OP oerks or blah blah blah more crying and more excuses

    midwich is pretty bad and OoO is OP, particuarly on midwich, and particularly in a swf. thanks for that.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470896#Comment_1470896

    ah yeah my bad time to learn Napkin

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470902#Comment_1470902

    eyesight aint the best ill give you that but if you can tell me how to get through the courtyard when you're anywhere highlighted in blue:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/QBQROAXDGRG9/image.png

    without the survivor with OoO managing to counter-rotate perfectly please. I'm All Ears.

    Simple, there are way to the second floor on each of those sides. Go up and and drop down through the openings on those sides. Also this scenario is very specific. Object of Obsession is not that popular of a perk. At least not for a team that is trying.

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470913#Comment_1470913

    Instead of admitting you got beat you instead blame the broken mao or the OP oerks or blah blah blah more crying and more excuses

    Are you actually joking? Like seriously? why are commenting if you have nothing to add but hate?

    And for the record, I did not "get beat", I killed 3 out of 4 survivors, did not de-pip and gained only 16K points. it just took me 3 times as long as a normal match to do so because they refused to play the game properly. It would have taken even longer if I didn't have insta-downs.

    If you are just here to antagonise people, don't waste your time replying again

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470920#Comment_1470920

    midwich is pretty bad and OoO is OP, particuarly on midwich, and particularly in a swf. thanks for that.

    Only if they dont do gens since you know where they are as well.

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470848#Comment_1470848

    Midwich is known for being the new map that people dont know yet. There are shortcuts, find them.

    There are no shortcuts on Midwich on the same floor from one corner to the next. You change levels through the dropdowns and cut diagonal through the lower level, but the survivor has an eternity to reposition. You're accusing people of not knowing the map when it seems you yourself are confused on the layout. It's an enclosed square with intermittent dropdowns. You can not physically cut across the upper level, only clockwise or counterclockwise. The entire issue with the map lies with the layout. You're in no danger when the killer is on a different floor or at the opposite end of the same floor

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470915#Comment_1470915

    Simple, there are way to the second floor on each of those sides. Go up and and drop down through the openings on those sides. Also this scenario is very specific. Object of Obsession is not that popular of a perk. At least not for a team that is trying.

    OoO is rising in pupularity.

    Go upstairs in the corners then drop down, wasting how much time, at which point the OoO users will have counter-rotated and all time is wasted lol. big brain.

    @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470939#Comment_1470939

    Only if they dont do gens since you know where they are as well.

    yeah so you start heading towards them and they leave and you never catch them. its bullshit.

    this coming from someone who used to exclusively play survivor. its broken and needs to be fixed, if midwich cant be cause of konami then ooo definitely does.

  • @ThatLukoriusGuy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470874#Comment_1470874

    Thanks for talking down to people, really constructive for discussion.

    There are no shortcuts when there are 3 players watching you with OoO. I understand it's a new map but so was dead dawg saloon and sanctum of wrath. This a completely different kind of map design flaw. It's not just because it's new

    Well you are stating a map and a perk, both of which are fine, Are broken because of a very specific scenario that very rarely ever happens. Great job.

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470915#Comment_1470915

    Simple, there are way to the second floor on each of those sides. Go up and and drop down through the openings on those sides. Also this scenario is very specific. Object of Obsession is not that popular of a perk. At least not for a team that is trying.

    It shouldn't matter how specific the case is. The fact that this can be done by any group of survivors with OoO and a single map offering makes this an issue.

    @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470939#Comment_1470939

    Only if they dont do gens since you know where they are as well.

    They weren't there to do gens, they were there to waste my time, maybe even try and force a rage DC? IDK

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470940#Comment_1470940

    OoO is rising in pupularity.

    Go upstairs in the corners then drop down, wasting how much time, at which point the OoO users will have counter-rotated and all time is wasted lol. big brain.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470944#Comment_1470944

    yeah so you start heading towards them and they leave and you never catch them. its bullshit.

    this coming from someone who used to exclusively play survivor. its broken and needs to be fixed, if midwich cant be cause of konami then ooo definitely does.

    I will say it AGAIN this is a VERY SPECIFIC SCENARIO. This does not represent 99% of the matches.

  • @ThatLukoriusGuy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470940#Comment_1470940

    It shouldn't matter how specific the case is. The fact that this can be done by any group of survivors with OoO and a single map offering makes this an issue.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470944#Comment_1470944

    They weren't there to do gens, they were there to waste my time, maybe even try and force a rage DC? IDK

    I will say the same thing I'm told when face camped. ######### deal with it, that's part of the game. It rarely happens, report and move along.

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470960#Comment_1470960

    I will say it AGAIN this is a VERY SPECIFIC SCENARIO. This does not represent 99% of the matches. bIg bRaIn

    ah yeah shame like 10% of my killer games yesterday were like this with different people each time.

    i agree not all of them but again- its an issue. its like old insta-heals; werent used in many matches but still bullshit that needed to be fixed.

  • This and Hawkins are garbage. They actually ruin the game. Hawkins especially. Its completely unbalanced and no fun to play when its so hard to find objectives.

    Just admit the maps are awful and rework them. Everybody likes the classic maps where you can clearly your objectives and move towards them, have multiple routes to said objective and aren’t filtered down long corridors, and where chases are more than just holding forward. This kind of map design is terrible.

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470960#Comment_1470960

    I will say it AGAIN this is a VERY SPECIFIC SCENARIO. This does not represent 99% of the matches. bIg bRaIn

    Once again talking down to people for no reason. Great job man.

    The point is that this scenario can be created by the SwF at very little cost and can't be avoided by the killer unless you just give them what they want and DC

  • @ThatLukoriusGuy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470980#Comment_1470980

    Once again talking down to people for no reason. Great job man.

    The point is that this scenario can be created by the SwF at very little cost and can't be avoided by the killer unless you just give them what they want and DC

    In situations like that, record your match if you can (since BHVR requires visual proof of said behavior) and report all players involved via the in-game report system in the post-game lobby. That is holding the game hostage and the players can be banned for it.

  • I haven't even mentioned that another SwF found a glitch with the upper floor window into that allowed them to reach a place you couldn't hit them. That was another half an hour of my time wasted so I could keep my points and offerings. They didn't need specific perks for that, just the map offering.

    Midwich really needs to be looked at in it's current sorry state.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470980#Comment_1470980

    ah yeah shame like 10% of my killer games yesterday were like this with different people each time.

    i agree not all of them but again- its an issue. its like old insta-heals; werent used in many matches but still bullshit that needed to be fixed.

    10% lnao, so like 1 out of 10. That's such an issue. Game is literally broken.

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470987#Comment_1470987

    10% lnao, so like 1 out of 10. That's such an issue. Game is literally broken.

    I don't think anyone has claimed the game is broken?

    Even a small issue that breaks the game is still an issue that should be fixed.

    In this case, there should be a better way to report players who abuse mechanics in the game to hold the game hostage. The current report system is terrible.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Just DC. If you really have over a 1k hours you would've known how cancerous that match was going to be. Do yourself a favor and don't waste your own time playing against those kinds of players.

    Seriously, I mean it. There are no penalties right now so you have nothing to lose and the bloodpoints you gain aren't worth the stress either. Its an actual waste of time and energy. I'm sitting a 4k hours now and if I get sent to midwitch I just disconnect because the only thing that matters is my own time and enjoyment. I'm not playing this game to be trolled by turbo virgins I only want to have a fun experience and some people don't want you to have that and staying in the match is just enabling their behavior. Literally just send them back into the Survivor queue ASAP because well.... their queues are like 5mins so that's a suitable punishment of being an a hole.

    Hopefully, them getting sent back to queues over and over again will make them stop trying to troll or just stop playing. Either works for me.

    I completely understand what you're saying but I feel like the DC is kinda what they want from you. It's not going to stop them doing it to someone else. These are the kinda people that get a kick out of making people mad and the DC is just going to fuel that.

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470987#Comment_1470987

    10% lnao, so like 1 out of 10. That's such an issue. Game is literally broken.

    So if 10% of games were against someone with an ebony mori how many people would be bitching about it? 10% of games had keys in?

    It doesn't matter how frequent it is; if someone is rediculously strong it should be nerfed.

    I never said it was broken, as in doesnt function, I said it was an issue because the map and the perk together are incredibly strong.

  • @TheVVitch said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471011#Comment_1471011

    I don't think anyone has claimed the game is broken?

    Even a small issue that breaks the game is still an issue that should be fixed.

    In this case, there should be a better way to report players who abuse mechanics in the game to hold the game hostage. The current report system is terrible.

    I would agree, but anytime I point out issues that break the game I'm told that's just part of the game. So I guess I fail to understand when we should stand up for a better game or when we should just accept things for the way they are.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471011#Comment_1471011

    So if 10% of games were against someone with an ebony mori how many people would be bitching about it? 10% of games had keys in?

    It doesn't matter how frequent it is; if someone is rediculously strong it should be nerfed.

    I never said it was broken, as in doesnt function, I said it was an issue because the map and the perk together are incredibly strong.

    woosh,right over your head. The joke that 1 out of 10 is a joke sample size to say 10% of all games. And I really dont care about mori, I would much rather have a mori than every match being face camped and yes that has been happening in the majority of matches over the past week. A mori would be MUCH more enjoyable than that #########.

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471014#Comment_1471014

    I would agree, but anytime I point out issues that break the game I'm told that's just part of the game. So I guess I fail to understand when we should stand up for a better game or when we should just accept things for the way they are.

    This is a little of both. On their own, OoO and Midwitch aren't issues. When used in the way OP experienced, they were used to hold the game hostage and actively ensure the killer is not allowed to play the game as it's intended.

    So it doesn't break the game 99.9% of the time, but that .1% feels absolutely terrible and is a ban-able offense.

    "Breaking the game" is very specific. Purposefully holding the game hostage while leaving the opposing team with no outs is probably the only legitimate way to break the game's design. Here, OP's only option was to DC or play an endless game of "press W".

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471014#Comment_1471014

    I would agree, but anytime I point out issues that break the game I'm told that's just part of the game. So I guess I fail to understand when we should stand up for a better game or when we should just accept things for the way they are.

    This is much better. I think that if a combination of two mechanics creates an issue that cannot be counter unless through sheer luck. One or both need to be fixed.

    I think OoO is crazy OP in a SwF but by itself, it has counter play.

    Midwich is a very questionably designed map with unforeseen faults and so really bad bugs. But can you win on the map, absolutely.

    It's the combination of the two and abuse of the coordination a SwF has, that makes this issue what it is. If the killer has no counter play but DC, Something needs to be changed.

  • @TheVVitch said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471033#Comment_1471033

    This is a little of both. On their own, OoO and Midwitch aren't issues. When used in the way OP experienced, they were used to hold the game hostage and actively ensure the killer is not allowed to play the game as it's intended.

    So it doesn't break the game 99.9% of the time, but that .1% feels absolutely terrible and is a ban-able offense.

    "Breaking the game" is very specific. Purposefully holding the game hostage while leaving the opposing team with no outs is probably the only legitimate way to break the game's design. Here, OP's only option was to DC or play an endless game of "press W".

    Literally posted what I was typing before I finished it xD

  • And the majority of killer mains here condone camping and tunneling knowing most do it to ruin the survivors game experience. Hypocrisy all around.

‹ 1 2