I've started tunnelling & camping... and I don't think I want to stop now!

I remember, way back in the day, I once complained to a killer that literally face-camped me that it was poor game-play from him. His response was one that stuck with me: "punish it by doing gens".

I try to be a "fair" killer. I'm decent (Rank 1) with Spirit & Pyramid Head, but less so with other killers. And I like variety. I like to play Nurse, Doctor, Hag, etc, etc. Of course, the way the current match-making is set up is that (currently) I have to go against red ranks regardless of what killer I play, which means when I play any of the other killers, I'm at a severe disadvantage.

When you mix that with SWF depip squads with object and stretched rez, etc, who insist on gloating and hurling abuse at you in the end-game chat, it makes me wonder "why do I bother? I don't play the game to be made to feel bad."

I know many have gone through this, and often quit the game entirely. But my attitude switched.

No longer will I now be "fair", and give survivors a chance under the assumption that they'll be decent, etc. Now I'm gonna unleash the full power of any/every killer I play.

Yes, I'm gonna camp the hook. There's 3 other healthy survivors around, leave the gen and try to rescue if you can. The odds are in your favour. Severely in your favour. But it means you're not doing objectives, and I'm finding that more often than not, these SWF can't cope with this. They cannot reconcile having to choose between letting their team-mate die on hook for the sake of the gens, and not being given a free save. They get confused, and they make mistakes, which I capitalise on.

Sure, I still get the accusations of camping and tunnelling... but this time they're warranted (instead of being arbitrary excuses), and I don't care. They all died, I "win".

And when they call me a "noob", I point out that this "noob" just 4K'd them all... so what does that make them? Lol.

If you don't like the camping, punish it by doing gens.

And don't forget the totems too... I could be running NOED.

Gone are the days of Mr Nice/Fair Killer. SWF have had their run for too long, and I'm tired of being the punching bag. I'm fighting back, and I urge other killers to do the same.

SWF need to learn they don't control the rules of the game, they're not the power position, the killers are! We've been shamed into playing by their rules... since when do the lamb dictate to the lions how to hunt?

My strategy is to put pressure on you, SWF groups... let's see how you cope with that with all your t-bagging, clicking, etc. Doesn't look like it's working too well for you so far :D

Comments

  • Imagine maining the second most OP killer in the game and resort to camp just to make people feel bad.

    Playing against spirit already rises my blood pressure on it's own you know.

  • @Veen said:

    Imagine maining the second most OP killer in the game and resort to camp just to make people feel bad.

    Playing against spirit already rises my blood pressure on it's own you know.

    "second most op"

    Who's the first?

  • Survivors play how they want killers play how they want. People need to stop trying to force the other side to play the way they want them to, especially if they're not willing to do the same for the other side, which most aren't.

    Run DS, BT, Unbreakable. Genrush, loop for too long ect.

    Run NoEd, Spirit, Freddy, Camp, and Tunnel.

    If something too strong, nerf it (Ds, Spirit), if too weak buff it. Made up rules different for everybody that basically ask the other side to not have fun are never going to work.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Well by doing this you officially lose any and all right to complain about genrushing, tbagging, clicking, or anything else that may ruin your experience since you're ruining someone else's.

    Have a great day.

    killer kill survivors, and survivors gen rush. thats the game.

  • @Misteriluminado said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1467441#Comment_1467441

    killer kill survivors, and survivors gen rush. thats the game.

    You camp and tunnel and ruin someone's experience you lose all privilege to complain about anything unfun the survivor's do.

    If you 12 hook people as Legion without camping or tunneling I'll believe you when it comes to people being toxic more than someone who plays stridor spirit with Yakuyoke Amulet and Mother Daughter Ring each game and does the fabled PhaseCamp™ where they phase away, recharge slightly, then phase eight back

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1469618#Comment_1469618

    You camp and tunnel and ruin someone's experience you lose all privilege to complain about anything unfun the survivor's do.

    If you 12 hook people as Legion without camping or tunneling I'll believe you when it comes to people being toxic more than someone who plays stridor spirit with Yakuyoke Amulet and Mother Daughter Ring each game and does the fabled PhaseCamp™ where they phase away, recharge slightly, then phase eight back

    i dont camp and tunel, i only saying killer kill and survivor gen rush, bcs gen rush its not like t bag, if u want win as survivor u need to gen rush, t bag is bad, but gen rush it is necessary in any match

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1469618#Comment_1469618

    You camp and tunnel and ruin someone's experience you lose all privilege to complain about anything unfun the survivor's do.

    If you 12 hook people as Legion without camping or tunneling I'll believe you when it comes to people being toxic more than someone who plays stridor spirit with Yakuyoke Amulet and Mother Daughter Ring each game and does the fabled PhaseCamp™ where they phase away, recharge slightly, then phase eight back

    and i play as survivor.

  • I wouldn't go so far as to say camping & tunnelling every match is the way to go but you do have a point about not going out of your way to make the game 'fun' for the survivors when that favour isn't going to be returned. I'd lmost always rather risk losing instead though, camping is almost as dull as being camped.

  • @PlaysByShady said:

    I remember, way back in the day, I once complained to a killer that literally face-camped me that it was poor game-play from him. His response was one that stuck with me: "punish it by doing gens".

    I try to be a "fair" killer. I'm decent (Rank 1) with Spirit & Pyramid Head, but less so with other killers. And I like variety. I like to play Nurse, Doctor, Hag, etc, etc. Of course, the way the current match-making is set up is that (currently) I have to go against red ranks regardless of what killer I play, which means when I play any of the other killers, I'm at a severe disadvantage.

    When you mix that with SWF depip squads with object and stretched rez, etc, who insist on gloating and hurling abuse at you in the end-game chat, it makes me wonder "why do I bother? I don't play the game to be made to feel bad."

    I know many have gone through this, and often quit the game entirely. But my attitude switched.

    No longer will I now be "fair", and give survivors a chance under the assumption that they'll be decent, etc. Now I'm gonna unleash the full power of any/every killer I play.

    Yes, I'm gonna camp the hook. There's 3 other healthy survivors around, leave the gen and try to rescue if you can. The odds are in your favour. Severely in your favour. But it means you're not doing objectives, and I'm finding that more often than not, these SWF can't cope with this. They cannot reconcile having to choose between letting their team-mate die on hook for the sake of the gens, and not being given a free save. They get confused, and they make mistakes, which I capitalise on.

    Sure, I still get the accusations of camping and tunnelling... but this time they're warranted (instead of being arbitrary excuses), and I don't care. They all died, I "win".

    And when they call me a "noob", I point out that this "noob" just 4K'd them all... so what does that make them? Lol.

    If you don't like the camping, punish it by doing gens.

    And don't forget the totems too... I could be running NOED.

    Gone are the days of Mr Nice/Fair Killer. SWF have had their run for too long, and I'm tired of being the punching bag. I'm fighting back, and I urge other killers to do the same.

    SWF need to learn they don't control the rules of the game, they're not the power position, the killers are! We've been shamed into playing by their rules... since when do the lamb dictate to the lions how to hunt?

    My strategy is to put pressure on you, SWF groups... let's see how you cope with that with all your t-bagging, clicking, etc. Doesn't look like it's working too well for you so far :D

    bro, if u camp u lose points, u know that?, thats things do the noobs starting at the game, its bad. just play normal. u are too bored, its a game bruh, its like if u crying when u write this, dont camp or tunel thats ruin community experience and will start to be toxic.

  • @PlaysByShady said:

    I remember, way back in the day, I once complained to a killer that literally face-camped me that it was poor game-play from him. His response was one that stuck with me: "punish it by doing gens".

    I try to be a "fair" killer. I'm decent (Rank 1) with Spirit & Pyramid Head, but less so with other killers. And I like variety. I like to play Nurse, Doctor, Hag, etc, etc. Of course, the way the current match-making is set up is that (currently) I have to go against red ranks regardless of what killer I play, which means when I play any of the other killers, I'm at a severe disadvantage.

    When you mix that with SWF depip squads with object and stretched rez, etc, who insist on gloating and hurling abuse at you in the end-game chat, it makes me wonder "why do I bother? I don't play the game to be made to feel bad."

    I know many have gone through this, and often quit the game entirely. But my attitude switched.

    No longer will I now be "fair", and give survivors a chance under the assumption that they'll be decent, etc. Now I'm gonna unleash the full power of any/every killer I play.

    Yes, I'm gonna camp the hook. There's 3 other healthy survivors around, leave the gen and try to rescue if you can. The odds are in your favour. Severely in your favour. But it means you're not doing objectives, and I'm finding that more often than not, these SWF can't cope with this. They cannot reconcile having to choose between letting their team-mate die on hook for the sake of the gens, and not being given a free save. They get confused, and they make mistakes, which I capitalise on.

    Sure, I still get the accusations of camping and tunnelling... but this time they're warranted (instead of being arbitrary excuses), and I don't care. They all died, I "win".

    And when they call me a "noob", I point out that this "noob" just 4K'd them all... so what does that make them? Lol.

    If you don't like the camping, punish it by doing gens.

    And don't forget the totems too... I could be running NOED.

    Gone are the days of Mr Nice/Fair Killer. SWF have had their run for too long, and I'm tired of being the punching bag. I'm fighting back, and I urge other killers to do the same.

    SWF need to learn they don't control the rules of the game, they're not the power position, the killers are! We've been shamed into playing by their rules... since when do the lamb dictate to the lions how to hunt?

    My strategy is to put pressure on you, SWF groups... let's see how you cope with that with all your t-bagging, clicking, etc. Doesn't look like it's working too well for you so far :D

    haha what fun staying still on the hook "sarcasm"

  • @Misteriluminado said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1469643#Comment_1469643

    i dont camp and tunel, i only saying killer kill and survivor gen rush, bcs gen rush its not like t bag, if u want win as survivor u need to gen rush, t bag is bad, but gen rush it is necessary in any match

    > if you want to win as survivor you need to genrush

    I've had 25 minute long games that ended in a 4 escape. We didn't gen rush, we played stealthily. Killer 2 hooked me, someone else, and 1 hooked the other 2. Was it fun for the killer? Not sure, had a pretty lengthy chase with me at the start and from what I guessed in endgame chat another 3 minute one at the end which let us do the final 2 gens.

    Genrushing isn't required to win, like you don't have to tunnel/camp to win. Saying otherwise is just wrong.

  • @PlaysByShady said:

    I remember, way back in the day, I once complained to a killer that literally face-camped me that it was poor game-play from him. His response was one that stuck with me: "punish it by doing gens".

    I try to be a "fair" killer. I'm decent (Rank 1) with Spirit & Pyramid Head, but less so with other killers. And I like variety. I like to play Nurse, Doctor, Hag, etc, etc. Of course, the way the current match-making is set up is that (currently) I have to go against red ranks regardless of what killer I play, which means when I play any of the other killers, I'm at a severe disadvantage.

    When you mix that with SWF depip squads with object and stretched rez, etc, who insist on gloating and hurling abuse at you in the end-game chat, it makes me wonder "why do I bother? I don't play the game to be made to feel bad."

    I know many have gone through this, and often quit the game entirely. But my attitude switched.

    No longer will I now be "fair", and give survivors a chance under the assumption that they'll be decent, etc. Now I'm gonna unleash the full power of any/every killer I play.

    Yes, I'm gonna camp the hook. There's 3 other healthy survivors around, leave the gen and try to rescue if you can. The odds are in your favour. Severely in your favour. But it means you're not doing objectives, and I'm finding that more often than not, these SWF can't cope with this. They cannot reconcile having to choose between letting their team-mate die on hook for the sake of the gens, and not being given a free save. They get confused, and they make mistakes, which I capitalise on.

    Sure, I still get the accusations of camping and tunnelling... but this time they're warranted (instead of being arbitrary excuses), and I don't care. They all died, I "win".

    And when they call me a "noob", I point out that this "noob" just 4K'd them all... so what does that make them? Lol.

    If you don't like the camping, punish it by doing gens.

    And don't forget the totems too... I could be running NOED.

    Gone are the days of Mr Nice/Fair Killer. SWF have had their run for too long, and I'm tired of being the punching bag. I'm fighting back, and I urge other killers to do the same.

    SWF need to learn they don't control the rules of the game, they're not the power position, the killers are! We've been shamed into playing by their rules... since when do the lamb dictate to the lions how to hunt?

    My strategy is to put pressure on you, SWF groups... let's see how you cope with that with all your t-bagging, clicking, etc. Doesn't look like it's working too well for you so far :D

    i will do the same cause im sick of toxic swf

  • @Cata said:

    The death progress on a survivor when hooked should be slowed when a killer is in range, according to the heartbeat strength to the point where it just stops decaying when your standing there face camping.

    Problem solved.

    That's actually a very good solution I think, but I'd rather make Devour Hope not a hex but bump up it's abilitys 2 tokens ea, i.e. 5 tokens exposed 7 tokens killable, killers will leave hooks immediately, and if they're good they will eat people. I already run devour but it'd be dirty and help fix camping this way :p

  • I say, Commit to the strategy you think will work best and feast on your wins and loses.

    Sometimes Camping is the best answer and that is okay.

  • Nothing says "Screw the SWF" like tunneling and camping solo survivors.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1469755#Comment_1469755

    Nothing says "Screw the SWF" like tunneling and camping solo survivors.

    The slightest hint of coordination, altruism or skill = 4-man confirmed

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1469821#Comment_1469821

    The slightest hint of coordination, altruism or skill = 4-man confirmed

    I was hoping I'd forget that particular rule.

  • Lordy, the petulant rage. I didnt know DBD had Karens of their own.


    Just skip the post game chat. What has it ever provided you? All youre doing is putting pips and BP ahead of everyone's enjoyment of the game.

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    Literally the only reason you made this post was to spark outrage. Nobody cares... except for entitled salty survivors.

    Or killer mains who are actually good and dont have to rely on a crutch like tunneling.

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1469406#Comment_1469406

    Or killer mains who are actually good and dont have to rely on a crutch like tunneling.

    Oh who would they be? Not any of the top streamers in this game, they've all at one point or another, tunneled or camped, the footage is definitely out there.. not that it matters much, no one else cares because they understand what to expect at times. Sometimes the best move is camping or tunneling. Just because Killers want to win games sometimes, and is willing to employ all strategies to enable that, that statement alone shouldn't upset you as a survivor because you feel the same way.

    And just so you know, there was a time when slugging was seen as bad as camping or tunneling, some still hate it to death and call folks out who do it despite IT at least being a necessary tool at red. Again, it's crying that the killer is being efficient, nothing more.

  • @Dr_doom_j2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1469932#Comment_1469932

    Oh who would they be? Not any of the top streamers in this game, they've all at one point or another, tunneled or camped, the footage is definitely out there.. not that it matters much, no one else cares because they understand what to expect at times. Sometimes the best move is camping or tunneling. Just because Killers want to win games sometimes, and is willing to employ all strategies to enable that, that statement alone shouldn't upset you as a survivor because you feel the same way.

    And just so you know, there was a time when slugging was seen as bad as camping or tunneling, some still hate it to death and call folks out who do it despite IT at least being a necessary tool at red. Again, it's crying that the killer is being efficient, nothing more.

    The game is so poorly designed that the most efficient way of playing is the most boring and the biggest waste of time. Why do people support this game again?

  • Literally the only point of this thread is to trigger survivor mains. What has this forum come to?

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470049#Comment_1470049

    The game is so poorly designed that the most efficient way of playing is the most boring and the biggest waste of time. Why do people support this game again?

    I mean, it’s how you chose to look at it. Honestly, when playing killer, a lot of what survivors do feels frustrating. I absolutely prefer one side to another, but playing survivor is not more frustrating from what I’ve played. , and I always preferred solo. If it weren’t for longer question, I don’t think anyone would deny it

  • @Dr_doom_j2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470087#Comment_1470087

    I mean, it’s how you chose to look at it. Honestly, when playing killer, a lot of what survivors do feels frustrating. I absolutely prefer one side to another, but playing survivor is not more frustrating from what I’ve played. , and I always preferred solo. If it weren’t for longer question, I don’t think anyone would deny it

    I am talking about both sides, killers have to deal with gen rush , 3 gen stalling, ect. There are alot of things about this game that are just not fun and are very poor from a design standpoint. After 4 years this is unacceptable. Other asymmetric games have figured out the formula. Friday The 13th for example does a great job at making counselors and Jason fun to play and I never feel like I wasted my time. Sadly due to the legal dispute the game is on ice but with a dedicated player base. If I were BHVR I would be worried for the day Friday The 13th begins adding content again or when another asymmetrical horror game challenges thier current supremacy in the genre because so far it seems like lack of competition is the only reason people stay.

  • What a weird thing to post, you're clearly hurt

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    I find it painfully boring to just sit there and stare at a hanging survivor but I guess if you have fun standing there, go nuts.

    Oh yeah, that's not fun, and that's not what I was trying to convey. I'll stick around and see who else I can find, knowing at some point someone will be coming for the rescue and then there's 50% of the team by the hook. What I meant was that I'm not going to make it my priority to run to the other side of the map allowing a free save. I don't literally sit staring at the hook, lol

  • 90332854_512758016313788_933236117849767936_n.png

    As someone who plays both sides, camping is boring on both sides. I do not wish to spend 2 minutes staring into someone's eyes, knowing i am keeping them from playing the game by restricting myself.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It’s one the things that can just really make me despondent with this game.

    The optimal thing to do for either side leads to immense frustration and anger from the other.

    Its a mess

    That's silly. It's a competitive game. The optimal thing to do in any competitive game is probably going to annoy the enemy team; because it makes them lose.

    Camping, tunneling, and slugging are strategies. You will throw the game employing them in the wrong situations.

    The fact with DBD is, with no corrupt intervention, you are 100% liable to lose 3 gens during your first chase. Even if it's a relatively short chase. 20-25 seconds to find someone, 30-40 seconds to down them, and then another 10-15 seconds to put them onto a hook. That's not an unreasonable time frame for an M1 killer who has to deal with multiple safe pallets all lined up. If you get your first hook sooner than that, great. But there's no reason to ever take your foot off the gas from there as a killer, unless you like losing games.

1 2 ›