Remove Aim-dressing.

https://youtu.be/4F8GYoP_wdc

It messes up almost every lunge. Nurse is very hard to play on console, I don't need to have it harder!

Comments

  • Yep that one at the end is the one that always kills me. Half of them sticking out around an object, I aim for that, and it decides to pull me towards the center of their model which is behind a wall and I bounce off. Absolutely infuriating.

  • I feel you so much

  • It's absolutely amazing how many hits aim dressing has stolen from me.They really need to take a look on this awful mechanic.

  • Yep, hits like that at the end are so common on nurse (PC) that them alone make me not want to even play as her.

  • That's just torture. =/

  • Well, i don't usually play Nurse but is right some hits are pretty "hey, this wood seems like breakable" ones.

    Not only on Nurse, i got one with Hillbilly with the Chainsaw, the aim got into a dropped pallet next to a survivor not even jumping it but well, this stuff happens sometimes.

    Just for curiosity, how the game went?

  • This mechanic is a very bad idea on the part of devs. It is impossible to get used to if you play with the nurse.

  • Yeah you try to lunge around a corner and you feel the game pull your weapon towards a barrel or something.

    I also have a feeling this “aim-dressing” is a reason why 360s seem to work better than they used to.


  • It was painful to watch 😖

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    Yeah you try to lunge around a corner and you feel the game pull your weapon towards a barrel or something.

    I also have a feeling this “aim-dressing” is a reason why 360s seem to work better than they used to.

    If someone is trying to 360, ALWAYS go for the basic attack not a lunge. It will nearly always lock right onto them and hit where a lunge will fling you off and swing at nothing.

  • @popoles said:

    https://youtu.be/4F8GYoP_wdc

    It messes up almost every lunge. Nurse is very hard to play on console, I don't need to have it harder!

    I don't think they should remove it. It's there for a reason. But they've already acknowledged that it isn't working as intended. I really wish they would focus on FIXING aim dressing. If you missed or just didn't watch the stream where they talked about it, the game is supposed to register the hit before the aim dressing, but instead it is re-checking hit detection after changing your view. They said that, when aim dressing activates, you're supposed to already have confirmed that the hit landed. It's only supposed to adjust visuals so that the hit doesn't look weird.

  • @DWolfAlpha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/174035/remove-aim-dressing

    I don't think they should remove it. It's there for a reason. But they've already acknowledged that it isn't working as intended. I really wish they would focus on FIXING aim dressing. If you missed or just didn't watch the stream where they talked about it, the game is supposed to register the hit before the aim dressing, but instead it is re-checking hit detection after changing your view. They said that, when aim dressing activates, you're supposed to already have confirmed that the hit landed. It's only supposed to adjust visuals so that the hit doesn't look weird.

    You saying that reminds me of the Server Hit Validation thing the devs are doing. That could be tied to it in some way. Just speculation though.

  • As an Oni main, I can say that it's depressing how many rocks, hooks, pallets, tires and/or any objetcts in the map are smashed by my kanabo instead of the survivor...

  • Actually the kill rates would rise quite a bit if they would finally fix this #########. Its so common atm its unbelievable.

  • @Trwth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1467050#Comment_1467050

    You saying that reminds me of the Server Hit Validation thing the devs are doing. That could be tied to it in some way. Just speculation though.

    Maybe. Hadn't thought of that.

  • I relate to this so badly, the amount of times auto dressing has screwed me over is unreal ☹

  • Dont remove it, but delete it instead. So it can't sneak its way back via spaghetti code.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    Yep that one at the end is the one that always kills me. Half of them sticking out around an object, I aim for that, and it decides to pull me towards the center of their model which is behind a wall and I bounce off. Absolutely infuriating.

    When I play survivor I get the opposite, I'll round a corner and the killer somehow lunges and hits me with the tip of their hitbox. I go down and I'm several meters away from them.

  • @ABannedCat said:

    Dont remove it, but delete it instead. So it can't sneak its way back via spaghetti code.

    It always finds a way, there is no escape from aim dressing, its even on your sandwiches...