Do you think, Stridor, should be reworked?

If you don't know, Stridor = counter to Iron will, if you are a good spirit, you will use this, and there is no ######### counter! So you're ######### whatever you do,

The question is: do you think Stridor is balanced? or should get reworked?!

Comments

  • It's a really difficult decision with Iron Will and Stridor. They simply cannot coexist without one beating the other, and no matter which way it goes someone will feel hard done by. In my opinion Stridor should be the perk that wins out, simply because taking 1/4 of a killer's build is a far more significant detraction than 1/4 of a survivor's build. Survivors can WAY more easily go perkless than killers can.

    I think the biggest issue is that Spirit so often comes down to a competition between these two perks, and I think it's Spirit that needs more work, not the perk.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    It's a really difficult decision with Iron Will and Stridor. They simply cannot coexist without one beating the other, and no matter which way it goes someone will feel hard done by. In my opinion Stridor should be the perk that wins out, simply because taking 1/4 of a killer's build is a far more significant detraction than 1/4 of a survivor's build. Survivors can WAY more easily go perkless than killers can.

    I think the biggest issue is that Spirit so often comes down to a competition between these two perks, and I think it's Spirit that needs more work, not the perk.

    We aren't talking about opinions in specific, we are talking if it is even balanced. Which, with the right killer and right skill, makes you literally vunerable even with iron will. And that's not fair in a survivor's position, I understand your Opinion, but It's still kinda not fair.

    Killers should be better then many survivors but shouldn't be "better" then 1 survivor... The survivor and killer should be balanced, grunts of pain should be cancelled using the perk Iron Will, but Stridor "reenable them", and I think Stridor should have a condition. Instead of the right now condition(which is none)

  • @jadss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1460217#Comment_1460217

    We aren't talking about opinions in specific, we are talking if it is even balanced. Which, with the right killer and right skill, makes you literally vunerable even with iron will. And that's not fair in a survivor's position, I understand your Opinion, but It's still kinda not fair.

    Killer's should be better then many survivors also shouldn't be "better" then a survivor... The survivor and killer should be balanced, grunts of pain should be cancelled using the perk Iron Will, but Stridor cancells it, and I think Stridor should have a condition. Instead of the right now condition(which is none)

    Yes, but what you're talking about is "it's not fair that Stridor trumps Iron Will," and your exact solution is "make Iron Will trump Stridor" in which case the exact same argument; "it's not fair that Iron Will trumps Stridor" is equally valid. The only decision between the two of them is whether a killer perk or survivor perk should trump the other, and I believe it should go to the killer who is sacrificing a lot more to take it.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1460220#Comment_1460220

    Yes, but what you're talking about is "it's not fair that Stridor trumps Iron Will," and your exact solution is "make Iron Will trump Stridor" in which case the exact same argument; "it's not fair that Iron Will trumps Stridor" is equally valid. The only decision between the two of them is whether a killer perk or survivor perk should trump the other, and I believe it should go to the killer who is sacrificing a lot more to take it.

    Well, yeah, but my suggestion is not to make that, because, Stridor is fine, Now when you go against a spirit with it, it is cancerous, and i think something should be done about it.

  • No.

    This is based on mathematical percentages and this is one of the most balanced things in the game.

    Iron Will 3 = 100% of silence while you're hurt

    Stridor 3 = +50% of sounds while you're hurt

    So stridor can counter Iron, making Iron lvl1 (50% of silence while you're hurt) that perk was created to counter iron will.

  • Stridor as a perk is fine as it is.

  • I'd rather just change Spirit and make her unable to hear grunts of pain while phasing.

  • With bhvr incompetence when it comes to sound on this game, don’t change a thing

  • @Awkward_Fiend said:

    I'd rather just change Spirit and make her unable to hear grunts of pain while phasing.

    I think that is too hard on spirit, if you are a good spirit, hearing is how you know where a survivor is going, I get your point of making her pretty bad, but that's not the fix to the "spirit stridor stuff"

  • @ Antares2332 said:

    No.

    This is based on mathematical percentages and this is one of the most balanced things in the game.

    Iron Will 3 = 100% of silence while you're hurt

    Stridor 3 = +50% of sounds while you're hurt

    So stridor can counter Iron, making Iron lvl1 (50% of silence while you're hurt) that perk was created to counter iron will.

    Even if it is like that, it is still not fun to go against a spirit with stridor, any other killer would be fine, but you can't see a ######### spirit while she is phasing

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    Stridor as a perk is fine as it is.

    Killer main?

  • @OBX said:

    With bhvr incompetence when it comes to sound on this game, don’t change a thing

    IKR, but still, if you've never went up against a Stridor Spirit, you're in luck.

  • Honestly I'm indifferent..stridor is used as a scapegoat but it's also only good on maybe 2 killers, so honestly I could go either way with it

  • What I would like is for the Iron Will bug to be fixed first. The one that has been in most of the games lifespan. Even then, I think Stridor is fine, since it is very niche anyways.

  • I know it's hard to believe, but there are people who play both sides, Stridor is fine.

    It's not fine on Spirit if you wanted to hear that.

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1465204#Comment_1465204

    I know it's hard to believe, but there are people who play both sides, Stridor is fine.

    It's not fine on Spirit if you wanted to hear that.

    Well, you clearly never played survivor.

    Stridor is not fine on some killers, which, are invisible.... aka. spirit. It's uncounterable.

  • @jadss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1466488#Comment_1466488

    Well, you clearly never played survivor.

    Stridor is not fine on some killers, which, are invisible.... aka. spirit. It's uncounterable.

    Stridor is only a problem when used on Spirit, I even said it in that comment.

    Also how can you tell that I don't play Survivor? I would love to hear that.

  • Yes. I think it should be more powerful.

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1469321#Comment_1469321

    Stridor is only a problem when used on Spirit, I even said it in that comment.

    Also how can you tell that I don't play Survivor? I would love to hear that.

    it can be abused by other killers. It should be reworked lol.

  • @jadss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1469403#Comment_1469403

    it can be abused by other killers. It should be reworked lol.

    Doesn't matter if you are spirit, it is just not problematic on spirit, it is problematic on other killers aswell that have ears and a 1000$ head phones.

  • @jadss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1469403#Comment_1469403

    it can be abused by other killers. It should be reworked lol.

    How can it be abused by other killers?

  • @jadss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1478909#Comment_1478909

    Doesn't matter if you are spirit, it is just not problematic on spirit, it is problematic on other killers aswell that have ears and a 1000$ head phones.

    If that is the logic, then Surveillance should get nerfed too, because you can hear gens from further away lmao.

  • Perfect as is. Iron will mostly counters it, unless the killer has their headset volume cranked up so loud that they are causing themselves hearing damage.

  • @jadss said:

    If you don't know, Stridor = counter to Iron will, if you are a good spirit, you will use this, and there is no ######### counter! So you're ######### whatever you do,

    The question is: do you think Stridor is balanced? or should get reworked?!

    Sounds more like a spirit problem to me. It's balanced overall, just not on spirit.

  • Iron will can counter any killer that has ears, using Stridor, would make the grunts, louder, which can be extremely good for other killers as well. but spirit being the best to take advantage of this, using her phase walk.

    @ZephanUnbound said:

    Perfect as is. Iron will mostly counters it, unless the killer has their headset volume cranked up so loud that they are causing themselves hearing damage.

    There is people who, for some strange reason, do that, so that doesn't matter that much i think.. it is still a problem.

    @AhoyWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1478910#Comment_1478910

    If that is the logic, then Surveillance should get nerfed too, because you can hear gens from further away lmao.

    Don't compare "gens" to "survivors", also, that's stupid, because survillance is ok, hearing from far away someone working on gens. If the killer is in your terror radious, they are already doing a risky play, this comparation is stupid, stop it, "generators" and "survivors" are sooooo different, yeah sure the survivors need to get into gens, but come on, that's just stupid.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/173488/do-you-think-stridor-should-be-reworked

    Sounds more like a spirit problem to me. It's balanced overall, just not on spirit.

    it is not balanced lol. any mindgame that you can do with Iron WIll, and the overall "stealth" is gone. which is stupid af.

  • @jadss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1480041#Comment_1480041

    it is not balanced lol. any mindgame that you can do with Iron WIll, and the overall "stealth" is gone. which is stupid af.

    Apparently iron will allows for "mindgames". Your grunts are still 85% silent, and having a counter to iron will is fine.

  • @jadss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1478914#Comment_1478914

    Iron will can counter any killer that has ears, using Stridor, would make the grunts, louder, which can be extremely good for other killers as well. but spirit being the best to take advantage of this, using her phase walk.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1480024#Comment_1480024

    There is people who, for some strange reason, do that, so that doesn't matter that much i think.. it is still a problem.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1478919#Comment_1478919

    Don't compare "gens" to "survivors", also, that's stupid, because survillance is ok, hearing from far away someone working on gens. If the killer is in your terror radious, they are already doing a risky play, this comparation is stupid, stop it, "generators" and "survivors" are sooooo different, yeah sure the survivors need to get into gens, but come on, that's just stupid.

    Surveillance increases the sound produced by Survivors while working on a gen, the same does Stridor but for the grunts of pain produced by Survivors.

    Stridor doesn't suddenly make a Killer op when he uses it. (Spirit is exception)

    It just makes Survivors slightly easier to find, especially those P3 Blendettes.

    It exists to counter Iron Will, that is it's main purpose. (It doesn't even counter it fully, play Ace, crouch, still can't hear anything)

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1480728#Comment_1480728

    Apparently iron will allows for "mindgames". Your grunts are still 85% silent, and having a counter to iron will is fine.

    are u good at math? It seems like not.

    Also, users with 1000$ head phones can still hear you.

    @AhoyWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1480721#Comment_1480721

    Surveillance increases the sound produced by Survivors while working on a gen, the same does Stridor but for the grunts of pain produced by Survivors.

    Stridor doesn't suddenly make a Killer op when he uses it. (Spirit is exception)

    It just makes Survivors slightly easier to find, especially those P3 Blendettes.

    It exists to counter Iron Will, that is it's main purpose. (It doesn't even counter it fully, play Ace, crouch, still can't hear anything)

    Understand one thing, gens = objective,

    you don't touch an objective during a chase, your argument is stupid.

  • @jadss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1481261#Comment_1481261

    are u good at math? It seems like not.

    Also, users with 1000$ head phones can still hear you.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1481276#Comment_1481276

    Understand one thing, gens = objective,

    you don't touch an objective during a chase, your argument is stupid.

    I just gave an example, both increase the sound produced by survivor actions.

    And what are your arguments? I only hear from you: "Stridor op", "Killers with 1000000$ headphones op".

    The Killer can still hear you even without Stridor, so I really don't know what is your problem. The only real issue here is Spirit using Stridor.

  • @jadss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1481261#Comment_1481261

    are u good at math? It seems like not.

    Also, users with 1000$ head phones can still hear you.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1481276#Comment_1481276

    Understand one thing, gens = objective,

    you don't touch an objective during a chase, your argument is stupid.

    Doesn't stridor increase sounds by 15%? Are you good at grammar? I think not. Seriously who the ######### is spending 1000$ on headphones, seriously?

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1481789#Comment_1481789

    Doesn't stridor increase sounds by 15%? Are you good at grammar? I think not. Seriously who the ######### is spending 1000$ on headphones, seriously?

    It increases Grunts of Pain by 50% and it also increases breathing by 25% I think.

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1481827#Comment_1481827

    It increases Grunts of Pain by 50% and it also increases breathing by 25% I think.

    Oh, I thought is was only 15%, my bad.

  • The only time Stridor is OP is with Spirit, so if anything Spirit should be Reworked/Nerfed.

  • I wanna old Stridor with 100% grunt boost...

  • Seems to me that Stridor being a trump-over perk against iron will is rather annoying and beats the whole point of the surv's perk in the first point, also this is overly used by the Spirit and gives the only chance of your survival away.

    They could make some tweaks so it works differently, I have no issue whatsoever with the breathing sound, but grunts may just be too much as of right now.

  • Where's the option to buff?

    The Spirit situation is literally the only time Stridor is worth running and you want it nerfed because of that one scenario it is actually decent.

  • Nerf Stridor and double the number of pallets! Killers should not have nice things! 😠

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1481789#Comment_1481789

    I just gave an example, both increase the sound produced by survivor actions.

    And what are your arguments? I only hear from you: "Stridor op", "Killers with 1000000$ headphones op".

    The Killer can still hear you even without Stridor, so I really don't know what is your problem. The only real issue here is Spirit using Stridor.

    Repairing a gen = risky action

    stealth = not a risky action,

    know a survivor's position is removing 25% of the productivity of the team

    this is not right and you're just being stupid about this being a killer main

  • Stridor is balanced except on Spirit. But I believe Devs should rework Spirit and not Stridor.

    Other than that the're a lot of bugs with sounds that completly negate Stidor for whatever reason... Devs should fix these sound bugs before even thinking about changing Stidor or Iron Will...