Visual enactment of the upcoming Hillbilly nerf (Behaviour POV)

Comments

  • Billy is definitely a strange killer to nerf. He's been considered strong but fair for a long time and I think everybody expected Spirit to be on the chopping block first. Not to mention a lot of old killer mains like Billy the most so it sort of alienates a lot of veteran killer players.

  • I can't wait to 1 v 1 Deathslinger on coaltower 360 QS only. And if he doesn't update his win/lose count on his profile when he gets trashcanned, I'm reporting it as cheating.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I'd say the change are pretty fair now, imo. The nerf opens possibility of different buffs down the road, I mean, that's what I hope they are going for, giving a bit more "fairness" to the S and A killers so they can tune down survivors on some parts without outright making the top killers even more broken.

    Add-ons are doodoo tho.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1455125#Comment_1455125

    I think they are going to hold on to Spirit and possibly Nurse nerfs for a while considering they are both pretty much the only bastion left that can take down a mean SwF reliably.

    In a vacuum the change is already questionable. But when there's loads of other killer's that have mountains more balancing problems than Billy, add-ons and perks included, then the change is completely nonsensical.

    Why nerf what is widely considered to be the most balanced killer in the game where there are so many other changes that could be made to other, less balanced, killers?

  • @WeenieDog said:

    I can't wait to 1 v 1 Deathslinger on coaltower 360 QS only. And if he doesn't update his win/lose count on his profile when he gets trashcanned, I'm reporting it as cheating.

    Yeah. When AWPs were added to the chest item pool I was confused at first. But now I see that because it offers counterplay to killers with guns it has only improved the quality of the game,

  • @SirCracken said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1455133#Comment_1455133

    In a vacuum the change is already questionable. But when there's loads of other killer's that have mountains more balancing problems than Billy, add-ons and perks included, then the change is completely nonsensical.

    Why nerf what is widely considered to be the most balanced killer in the game where there are so many other changes that could be made to other, less balanced, killers?

    Because he ISN'T the most balanced! His "balance" is from the Emblem system that a) is about to be scrapped, and b) punishes instant-downs or lack of healing. Something that happens against Hillbilly quite a bit. Or the Infectious Fright slug-chain. Another punished tactic.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1455140#Comment_1455140

    Because he ISN'T the most balanced! His "balance" is from the Emblem system that a) is about to be scrapped, and b) punishes instant-downs or lack of healing. Something that happens against Hillbilly quite a bit. Or the Infectious Fright slug-chain. Another punished tactic.

    The emblem system is a terrible way to judge balance. Previously, killers pipped based on the number of people they kill. Their main objective. It's even in the name "killer". Now they have to either delay the game and farm to pip, or play some of the killers that, although very bad, are good for ranking up. Such as Legion.

    The ranking system wasn't perfect before but it should not have been changed to what it is now.

  • I mean you ask why they don't make a bunch of really broad changes that affect every killer.

    Probably because while there's still a killer with insane mobility, one-hit downs, no downtime and no drawbacks is preventing them from making global buffs to killer as he benefits from them all more than the other killers.

    Now that's not an issue any more.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    I mean you ask why they don't make a bunch of really broad changes that affect every killer.

    Probably because while there's still a killer with insane mobility, one-hit downs, no downtime and no drawbacks is preventing them from making global buffs to killer as he benefits from them all more than the other killers.

    Now that's not an issue any more.

    But billy is balanced!!!

  • New survivor perk: gun

    hehe gun go bang

    gain the ability to shoot the killer, which will instantly kill/kill/kill them.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    I mean you ask why they don't make a bunch of really broad changes that affect every killer.

    Probably because while there's still a killer with insane mobility, one-hit downs, no downtime and no drawbacks is preventing them from making global buffs to killer as he benefits from them all more than the other killers.

    Now that's not an issue any more.

    Insane mobility, yes.

    One-hit downs, yes.

    But saying that Billy has no downtime or drawbacks is proof that you simply don't know what you're talking about.

    His chainsaw takes time to rev, sprint, and down a survivor with. All of which is often done is less than a couple seconds during which both the Billy and the survivor must guess and react to what each other are doing.

    Whereas you make it seem like all the Billy has to do is just rev his chainsaw and he magically gets downs without any factors involved.

    The only thing unbalanced about him are his charge time add-ons. He doesn't need to be gutted the way he's going to be in the next patch.

  • ^^^Maybe loosening the restrictions on the worse killers, like said cooldowns, would lessen the gap between the high tier and the low. There is plenty room for improvements on the perceived weak killers before we must touch the strong killers.

    But pushing the low towardss the top is seemingly only okay for survivors, even thrugh there arent any ingame differences in the swf solo gap debate lol.

  • Yeah most killers have activation times, that's not really helping your case.

    @Raptorrotas said:

    ^^^Maybe loosening the restrictions on the worse killers, like said cooldowns, would lessen the gap between the high tier and the low. There is plenty room for improvements on the perceived weak killers before we must touch the strong killers.

    But pushing the low towardss the top is seemingly only okay for survivors, even thrugh there arent any ingame differences in the swf solo gap debate lol.

    Yeah let's just have Spirit be able to phase every time it ends. Or Ghostface go stealth the instant he's revealed. That sounds great.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    Yeah most killers have activation times, that's not really helping your case.

    Are you just going to ignore all of the requirements for using those activation times effectively, or are you just going to claim that all Billy has to do is hold M2 and survivors will be magnetically pulled into his chainsaw?

  • @SirCracken said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1455204#Comment_1455204

    Are you just going to ignore all of the requirements for using those activation times effectively, or are you just going to claim that all Billy has to do is hold M2 and survivors will be magnetically pulled into his chainsaw?

    Oh, oh no, you have to aim? No other killer has to do that.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1455207#Comment_1455207

    Oh, oh no, you have to aim? No other killer has to do that.

    -and adjust for the curve, and predict where the survivor is going to go. But I guess those requirements don't count.

    Tell me, have you actually played Hillbilly for an extended period of time?

  • @SirCracken said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1455215#Comment_1455215

    -and adjust for the curve, and predict where the survivor is going to go. But I guess those requirements don't count.

    Tell me, have you actually played Hillbilly for an extended period of time?

    Not him obviously, but I played billy to get my adept with him and in my experience I felt he was too easy to play for the things he offers. I found his adept especially difficult not because he was hard, but because my games ended to quickly. All I had to do was find a survivor and chainsaw him depending on how close he was to a loop.

  • @Todgeweiht said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1455218#Comment_1455218

    Not him obviously, but I played billy to get my adept with him and in my experience I felt he was too easy to play for the things he offers. I found his adept especially difficult not because he was hard, but because my games ended to quickly. All I had to do was find a survivor and chainsaw him depending on how close he was to a loop.

    What rank was this at?

  • Rank has been meaningless for a while now. It is generally up to the skill of an individual survivor to try and evade a good hillbilly.

  • @SirCracken said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1455252#Comment_1455252

    Rank has been meaningless for a while now. It is generally up to the skill of an individual survivor to try and evade a good hillbilly.

    He asked for rank, I gave him rank.

  • I'm not chastising your for obliging him. But I do find it weird anyway would ask for rank nowadays.

  • What they did with his add ons is probably the best way for them to go in the future - by that I mean add ons that dont affect the charge time or cooldown.

    Everyone complains killers powers are weak without add ons. But when you have add ons that affect the charging, cooldown or effectiveness of a power you need to make them weak at base. If they ditched these kinds of add ons and made more creative add ons, then killers powers could be stronger at base.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    What they did with his add ons is probably the best way for them to go in the future - by that I mean add ons that dont affect the charge time or cooldown.

    Everyone complains killers powers are weak without add ons. But when you have add ons that affect the charging, cooldown or effectiveness of a power you need to make them weak at base. If they ditched these kinds of add ons and made more creative add ons, then killers powers could be stronger at base.

    I agree with this on a conceptual level. But the add-ons that Bill has now are neither creative nor useful.

    They're either left-overs from his add-on selection or just plain garbage. Mother's Helpers is a prime example of how bad they are.

  • @SirCracken said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1455155#Comment_1455155

    The emblem system is a terrible way to judge balance. Previously, killers pipped based on the number of people they kill. Their main objective. It's even in the name "killer". Now they have to either delay the game and farm to pip, or play some of the killers that, although very bad, are good for ranking up. Such as Legion.

    The ranking system wasn't perfect before but it should not have been changed to what it is now.

    I agree that the Emblem System isn't perfect, but it sure is better than straight kills to me. And yes, there are killers that are really badly hurt by this (such as the Plague) but most of them too can do well with a change of mindset, such as NOT waiting until someone's broken to hit them. For a majority of killers though, it is better for them to have this system and it also does discourage certain strategies such as camping, slugging everyone and tunnelling to a degree. Making it so that an Ebony Mori 4k off first hook is a near guarantee de-pip is also nice as it makes it not an "I rank up for free" offering that survivors hate you for.