First 2 games as Nurse

Wow...I'm horrible as expected, but I can see why PC nurse was/is light years away from console nurse. If your PC blink is finely honed, bitches are going down quickly. That seems to be the problem though.

As a PC newb nurse after the changes, the cool down bar is discouraging but encouraging to me because I want to get this ######### down to a science. There are several other killers that feel way more satisfying than the nurse off the start. If I'm a casual player and i don't have hours upon hours to refine my skill as a nurse, I will more than likely choose other killers which i find "fun" as opposed to the nurse.

Comments

  • Nurse is the only killer that makes me want to put the game down after a 4k.


  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    Nurse is the only killer that makes me want to put the game down after a 4k.

    I feel like she needs more compensation for the cool down bar, but i don't know what. With enough experience, she can be a terror, but she seems to have the fun factor = laundry.

  • She probably needs a buff to the base cooldown (~2.5 seconds/charge) and a corresponding nerf to her recharge add ons. She only seems great via slugging.

    I'd recommend Nurse players incorporate more slugging if they want to continue to learn her. Thing is so many killers improve in their success with this (Oni immediately comes to mind) and I hesitate that she really can achieve anything more than other killers despite the reputation from so many streamers. Noone notable plays her (mains her really) yet they insist she's clutching that top spot.

    The stress level of winning with her is ridiculously high when I feel I could do the same or better with Ghostface or a 'Scott Jund' Oni.

    @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1442893#Comment_1442893

    I feel like she needs more compensation for the cool down bar, but i don't know what. With enough experience, she can be a terror, but she seems to have the fun factor = laundry.

    Apologies. I am actually not trying to talk you out of playing her anymore. I woud love to talk builds and add on combinations. I just feel the frustration from her seeping back in from when I dedicated myself to prestiging her (less than a month ago).

  • She is not noob friendly or noob fun for the general new casual player in my opinion, but I am a baby nurse on PC :D

  • She's definitely not fun in the beginning, but some of her add-ons can be a huge help for newer players. Wooden horse cuts a whole 0.5 seconds off the fatigue if you whiff a blink attack. Then the other fatigue reduction add-ons are also great to use. Metal spoon is also a useful add-on and is basically a free stridor on survivors. Counters iron will pretty well.

    Don't be discouraged when you lose as nurse in the beginning. And if you get a map like Midwich or preschool don't get worked up over the loss because they are her worst maps by far and it's really hard to get anything done on them.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    She's definitely not fun in the beginning, but some of her add-ons can be a huge help for newer players. Wooden horse cuts a whole 0.5 seconds off the fatigue if you whiff a blink attack. Then the other fatigue reduction add-ons are also great to use. Metal spoon is also a useful add-on and is basically a free stridor on survivors. Counters iron will pretty well.

    Don't be discouraged when you lose as nurse in the beginning. And if you get a map like Midwich or preschool don't get worked up over the loss because they are her worst maps by far and it's really hard to get anything done on them.

    One of my first(s) p3 killers was nurse on console. pc nurse feels like pc and console had sex and they gave birth to cool down bars ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • Nurse isn't supposed to be noob friendly. She's the killer you pick up if you want to be a sweaty tryhard and give EZ4Ks when you master her. Also serves as a killer that takes a fair bit of practice in a game where not a lot of killers do. Not every killer is going to suit every player, that's the beauty of them coming out with new ones all the time. You even said yourself, and I quote, "If your PC blink is finely honed, bitches are going down quickly." So by what you're saying, to me it sounds like she does her job just fine.

  • @Huff said:

    Nurse isn't supposed to be noob friendly. She's the killer you pick up if you want to be a sweaty tryhard and give EZ4Ks when you master her. Also serves as a killer that takes a fair bit of practice in a game where not a lot of killers do. Not every killer is going to suit every player, that's the beauty of them coming out with new ones all the time. You even said yourself, and I quote, "If your PC blink is finely honed, bitches are going down quickly." So by what you're saying, to me it sounds like she does her job just fine.

    she does her job fine, but she's not meant for the general public...

  • If as a survivor, you only see both extremes of nurse...that is how she's built now

  • the same thing could happen to billy. Hard core billy's will not dump billy, but new billy's will give up for another killer. middle billy's, i have no idea.

  • I appreciate that you tried her on PC!

  • @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    the same thing could happen to billy. Hard core billy's will not dump billy, but new billy's will give up for another killer. middle billy's, i have no idea.

    Honestly why even bother? You will be punished for trying to master something with a cd which leads to less practice and more boring play, m1, isn't exactly my idea of fun after thousands of hours in the game.

    So yesterday i tried myself with flickbilly, double engravings. Lets go. Ofc it was horrible and i missed about 80-90% of the flicks, each success actually was great. However the thing is, everybody had a great time in the match. I think it went on for about 15mins even when the door was opened they wanted to continue and just have fun with chase and saw. Afterwards everybody was just happy about the match and thankful for just having fun. I really don't see why this needs to be removed so yeah probably gonna drop him and not even bother further to master/practice that.

    Nurse still bugged fml, is there any killer that requires some mechanical skill left in this game?

  • She was introduced during an era where the game was vastly different. She was essentially a band-aid fix for all the issue there were back then. She's meant to be hard to use because her power just breaks the game. That's possibly also why they made her clunkier and unfun.

  • @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443029#Comment_1443029

    she does her job fine, but she's not meant for the general public...

    Ya I know that was my point, I just wanted to throw that in there. I know it kinda sucks to think "oh this character is out of my reach" or whatever because it seems daunting to learn, I just think it's kind of important to have a little variety like that to the killers.

  • It's nice to know Nurse is usable on PC. On console she's collecting dust.

  • When I practiced nurse, I used the addon that shows the blink spot every other game. It would help me get a feel for blinks, then try a game without it.


    I do not recommend learning her and keeping that on her everytime, as it might really hinder you when you don't have it.

  • If you plan on continuing to play this game casually, then I probably wouldn't recommend Nurse. Getting her down to a science would basically become the equivalent of work and that is not what you want as a casual player.

    That being said, maybe us console players will finally verse more of her as she's rarer than a pre-cooldown Hillbilly without Carb Tuning Guide.

  • @blue4zion said:

    When I practiced nurse, I used the addon that shows the blink spot every other game. It would help me get a feel for blinks, then try a game without it.

    I do not recommend learning her and keeping that on her everytime, as it might really hinder you when you don't have it.

    I used that addon for all of my nurse games last night. I'm going to try nurse without that addon tonight, so I expect miss everything ๐Ÿ˜‚. The cooldown feels overly abusive for missing still, especially after a double blink.

  • @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443941#Comment_1443941

    I used that addon for all of my nurse games last night. I'm going to try nurse without that addon tonight, so I expect miss everything ๐Ÿ˜‚. The cooldown feels overly abusive for missing still, especially after a double blink.

    The cooldown is doing it's job: Making it harder for new players to get into Nurse. As said by PFK:

    @PrettyFaceKate said:

    She was introduced during an era where the game was vastly different. She was essentially a band-aid fix for all the issue there were back then. She's meant to be hard to use because her power just breaks the game. That's possibly also why they made her clunkier and unfun.

    I don't know one person that would rather have the cd compared to a rework of her power that actually makes any sense. It does nothing to stop the top Nurse players from wrecking people extremely quick, and at the same time discourages people from playing her (Along with the bugs). If they really wanted to, I'm sure they could fix her bugs and not ignore her... But at this point, I'm almost positive they're ignoring Nurse in the hopes she fades out of existence.

  • @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1442893#Comment_1442893

    I feel like she needs more compensation for the cool down bar, but i don't know what. With enough experience, she can be a terror, but she seems to have the fun factor = laundry.

    I'e suggested her power meter works like PH's power meter and she can start to use a blink whenever she wants with any charge, rather than only when a full blink has been charged. It wouldn't fix her issues but it would make her vastly more enjoyable in comparison.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    If you plan on continuing to play this game casually, then I probably wouldn't recommend Nurse. Getting her down to a science would basically become the equivalent of work and that is not what you want as a casual player.

    That being said, maybe us console players will finally verse more of her as she's rarer than a pre-cooldown Hillbilly without Carb Tuning Guide.

    I probably won't log in to play until midnight tonight and will play until 2am and then off to sleepy time. Most weekday nights are like this, so I don't really want to focus the little time i have on nurse.

    I will probably drop nurse after i use up all her cakes and probably just do her daily when i get it. I have other killers to level up on PC that I'm familiar with and play with regularly.

  • @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443984#Comment_1443984

    I probably won't log in to play until midnight tonight and will play until 2am and then off to sleepy time. Most weekday nights are like this, so I don't really want to focus the little time i have on nurse.

    I will probably drop nurse after i use up all her cakes and probably just do her daily when i get it. I have other killers to level up on PC that I'm familiar with and play with regularly.

    You sound just like me and my playing. Nurse is brutal, but she's OK for me on one of my spare Xbox accounts at the lowest ranks.

  • Nurse is hard, I appreciate the effort

  • @NursesBootie said:

    I appreciate that you tried her on PC!

    @JesterClown said:

    Nurse is hard, I appreciate the effort

    I've spent time with her on ps4, but that was pre nurse rework, I never touched her on console after her rework. I'm kinda sad i never got to play her on PC before her rework.