What are the most overused perks of Dead by Daylight? (4.0.2)

I took a month break from the game and just came back to it recently.

As of the most recent update (4.0.2), I want to ask everyone: What are the most overused (or meta) perks of Dead by Daylight in general? And I'd like a perspective from both sides, with as little bias and arguing as possible.

Comments

  • Survivor: Dead hard, DS, borrowed time, head on and sprint burst.

    Killer: Ruin, bbq, corrupt, pop and infectious.

  • I can't give an answer yet but I'm actually working on a little stats project where one of the things I'm tracking are the perks used each game. Tag me in a couple days when I have more than 15 games tracked, or keep an eye out for a post of mine which should release before the 4.1.0 mid-chapter.

  • Nemesis has a decent following now with a dynamically shifting obsession.

    Deathbound is really nice with killers that like to wound.

  • Survivor: Dead Hard, Sprint Burst, DS, BT, Head On, Iron Will, Unbreakable, Spine Chill, Kindred

    Killer: BBQ, Ruin, PGTW, Corrupt Intervention, Nurses Calling, Sloppy Butcher, Monitor&Abuse, Thanatophobia


    Those are the Perks I see the most (for Killer there are many more, but that depends on the Killer... e.g if I face a Oni, they are having Infectious Fright 9/10 times).

    But I would not say they are "overused". I dont think that any Perk is overused, people just run what they like and what is good.

  • Survivor: DS, BT, Exhaustion perk that isnt Head On, and Unbreakable, still the same meta build because the devs wont do anything to resolve the core issues (whether or not due to outside pressures is another issue entirely)... and Pyramid Head isn't as widespread, making them still relatively strong.

    Killer: BBQ, Pop, Sloppy are all still popular, Ruin is still kinda meh, but more people are using it now.

    The perk choices are still a reflection of the issues of the game. As there are so many second chance perks, that there is no incentive to become skillful, and killers still have to tryhard because of gen times. I still think certain perks shouldn't work together, but they are never going to do that, so the meta (for survivor) will never change.

  • @Tactless_Ninja said:

    Nemesis has a decent following now with a dynamically shifting obsession.

    Deathbound is really nice with killers that like to wound.

    Nemesis/Rancor is my meta at the moment for a reason!

  • If you've only been gone a month it's literally exactly the same.

    We have had almost the exact same meta perks for over 2 years now. This hasn't changed almost at all bar just a couple perks.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1437237#Comment_1437237

    Nemesis/Rancor is my meta at the moment for a reason!

    I use it with PWYF, and STBFL. I call it the pinball.

  • @Blueberry said:

    If you've only been gone a month it's literally exactly the same.

    We have had almost the exact same meta perks for over 2 years now. This hasn't changed almost at all bar just a couple perks.

    I'd like to think 4.1.0 will turn Lightborn into a meta perk.

  • @Godot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1437260#Comment_1437260

    I'd like to think 4.1.0 will turn Lightborn into a meta perk.

    It will not.

    A good killer will very, very rarely put himself into a spot to be flashlight saved. Much less would he waste a perk slot on it. Even if I saw 4 flashlights I still wouldn't run Lightborn.

    In other words, Lightborn is for people still learning the game. You can counter flashlights quite easily without wasting a perk slot.

  • Interesting, I might have to try that sometime.

    I actually use it with Remember Me and Furtive Chase to go for a 4 man Rancor kill. My top has been a 3k, but It was close.

  • The easiest answer for survivors would be ds dh bt sb and spine chill, while these perks are used a lot self care,no matter how trash you think it is, is still the most used perk, it’s just that you don’t feel it’s effect as a killer,also devs said that lithe was more used than bt ds and dh, yes that was a while ago but nothing changed much in order for it to be used less.

    as for killers people will say noed pop and corrupt intervention, again these perks seem like they are used a lot, I think it’s just the fact that you feel their effect more than others, it’s also hard to tell which perks are used the most because the only killer perk we have stats about is ruin and that was a long time ago, and well, ruin is no more.

    From a personal experience I think the most used perk is either sloppy and obviously bbq, not 100% sure about sloppy, but it does work well with a lot of killers, and I don’t think I need to explain anything about bbq.