Med-kit vs. Self-Care

Which do you prefer, use the most, or do you do both? Why have both?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Med kit if I'm using one or the other. I prefer Inner Strength over anything though.

  • Neither

    I use Inner Strength or rely on team mates. Self care is too slow hence I love it when I am playing killer and I see survivors Self Caring, and medkits are limited amount of heals and I seem to get hit rather a lot (body blocking for team mates and things like that). So Inner Strength is perfect, you heal quickly even through perks such as Sloppy Butcher etc.

  • Med-kits, I love to use pharmacy, which imo is a super underrated perk.

  • Medkit always

    @TheRoyalOwl said:

    Med-kits, I love to use pharmacy, which imo is a super underrated perk.

    I use pharmacy as a farming perk. Not a perk to optimize my escape rate but to find green medkits for later.

  • I usually run botany, carry a med kit with add ons, and use self care. Before you say I'm nuts, let me explain. First of all, toolboxes are basically useless anymore. Besides I only use the med kit to heal others faster, using self care for...myself. I've saved many a life using this build. Other survivors appreciate a fast heal before the killer tracks them down.

    .

  • @Mandy said:

    Neither

    I use Inner Strength or rely on team mates. Self care is too slow hence I love it when I am playing killer and I see survivors Self Caring, and medkits are limited amount of heals and I seem to get hit rather a lot (body blocking for team mates and things like that). So Inner Strength is perfect, you heal quickly even through perks such as Sloppy Butcher etc.

    what rank are you if you dont mind me asking.

  • Not that rank means anything but rank 1

  • @Mandy said:

    Neither

    I use Inner Strength or rely on team mates. Self care is too slow hence I love it when I am playing killer and I see survivors Self Caring, and medkits are limited amount of heals and I seem to get hit rather a lot (body blocking for team mates and things like that). So Inner Strength is perfect, you heal quickly even through perks such as Sloppy Butcher etc.

    Inner Strength Gang rise up.

  • Especially when you have Head On and Q&Q on your build as well :)

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1436060#Comment_1436060

    Especially when you have Head On and Q&Q on your build as well :)

    Don't get me started on how much I love that build lol.

  • I don't heal as survivor unless someone wants to heal me after finishing a gen.

  • @Knuckles said:

    I usually run botany, carry a med kit with add ons, and use self care. Before you say I'm nuts, let me explain. First of all, toolboxes are basically useless anymore. Besides I only use the med kit to heal others faster, using self care for...myself. I've saved many a life using this build. Other survivors appreciate a fast heal before the killer tracks them down.

    .

    I've done this with Streetwise thrown in for a stupid number of heals.

    @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1436060#Comment_1436060

    Especially when you have Head On and Q&Q on your build as well :)

    Locker build for the win.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @TheRoyalOwl said:

    Med-kits, I love to use pharmacy, which imo is a super underrated perk.

    Same

  • Considering ALL these self-help perks. Why is there med-Kits then. Not just judging from the mentioned neither choice here. But there being so many other perks. Doesnt seem to render having med-kits ? Since, Grampa Bill I've gone up against so many survivors that I've taken away med-kits in hand. Knocked em down. Just for 2 at the very least get right back up. Several times in different games. I see med-kits all over the ground (slight exaggeration) which seems to me kits are pointless anymore. You all even say you use a perk other than. So why even have med-kits


    It's not like you're fooling the killer anymore visually carrying one. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

  • Inner Strength is where it's at yeah, but I like to play with varying builds a lot, so I often take med kits. I've used self care maybe three or four times (Claudette's achievement for two of those) and it's just so slow, I got no use out of it. My husband likes it a lot though, he's your typical Blendy. ๐Ÿ˜

  • I bring a medkit for a guaranteed minimum of 1 heal.

    But I run DH and iron will, so I play injured a lot.

    Sometimes end up using that medkit on a downed survivor, and out the door we go!

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • I agree. I was literally just posting that in another thread, lol

  • Between those two, medkit. Self-Care is just too slow. I should try using Inner Strength, though.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @tokenstreamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1436194#Comment_1436194

    I had to do the get x? Of great skill checks and it worked amazing with no mither,this is not happening and resilence

    That is,a smart build!

  • This content has been removed.
  • Myself i usually pick self care, cuz my latest playstyles means i like getting hit alot trying to make Mettle of Man work and i want the frequent heals. SC alongside resilience to not only help compensate a little for the slower heal speed, but also lets me 99% it for funky reasons

    Plus imo self care is much more valuable than the other healing perks (i really hate Inner Strength, 22s overall for a heal sounds good on paper but you gotta add travel time, and doing dull totems is pointless), and i want leave a match with an item, not go in with one. Plus Self care is fun to use when a killer is trying to.mind game completely safe pallets, or bloodlust a jungle gym and i can just sit there healing

    Yeah my build aint good, yeah it barely works, but if you're a survivor with a decent bit of meat between your ears you'll be fine playing with less than perfect perks

  • I always use self care. I also always use empathy, because most people just run around hurt all the time, which is crazy to me.

  • @Netherstorm said:

    I always use self care. I also always use empathy, because most people just run around hurt all the time, which is crazy to me.

    Yea, I dont get No Mither. I tried to use it with DS, I still will get Left Behind as a sacrifice lol