All killers ranked on how fun they are to VS
There a lot of balance issues in this game, not just with pure power and strength, but with fun. I know a lot of people are sweaty tryhards who just want to get to rank 1, but there a lot of players, particularly survivor players, who just want to have fun. It is possible to make killers who are both fun to play, fun to play against, and capable of getting 4Ks if played correctly. However, there are too many killers that are either unfun to VS, unfun to play, too strong, or far too weak.
So I've decided to rank all the current killers based on how fun they are to play against. The higher ranked they are, the more fun they are to play against.
Keep in mind, this is my personal opinion. If you disagree for any reason, let me know, but be respectful. Also keep in mind that this is how fun they are to VS, not how good or bad they are as killers.
Nurse: Probably an unpopular opinion, but I actually have a lot of fun going against nurses, both bad ones and good ones. The only time she's actually unfun to play against is if she has the 4.2 movement speed addon.
Deathslinger: He's pretty fun. Not only that, but IMO, he's not too strong or weak of a killer.
Huntress: I enjoy going against huntress, though it is fairly map dependent. Dodging her hatchets is extremely fun and makes me feel like I'm actually good at the game. The only time I absolutely hate the Huntress, is when she brings iri heads.
Clown: Clown is a fairly weak killer, but that's not the only reason he's fun to VS. Red Head's Pinky Finger is BS though.
GF, Shape, and Pig: What can I say, I like going against stealth killers. They keep you on your toes and make the game actually scary. None of them are too strong though, with the exception of Myers with certain addons.
Oni: Poor man's Billy with some tracking ability. Dodging his fury attacks is pretty rewarding and fun.
Demo: He's fun to play and fun to play against.
Trapper, Hag, and Billy: All kind of average. Not too fun but not terribly unfun either IMO. Hag is kind of scary though, which I like. They're also all fairly balanced.
Legion: I don't think that Legion is terribly good or anything, but he is both boring to play and boring to play against.
PH: I like the changes they made to his cages, but I'd rather things like DS and BT activate on a cage and he be able to see the auras, rather than the changes he got. Plus, he completely cancels out all good survivor gameplay and looping by being able to hit people through walls with barely any penalty.
Plague: There's no real counterplay to plague. Either you don't cleanse and stay injured the whole match, or you do cleanse and she gets corrupt. Or you don't cleanse and she gets corrupt anyways.
Wraith: No comment.
Leatherface: I know he's basically a poor man's billy, but I've never met a single cannibal who didn't facecamp and tunnel and be toxic in post-game chat. Nothing against the killer himself, but rather the people who play him.
Nightmare: Gross
Doctor: Also gross. The only real counter to doctor is Calm Spirit, but who's just gonna be out here running Calm Spirit on the off chance they VS a doctor.
Spirit: Disgusting angry sewage girl who sounds like a crunchy and upset minecraft villager.

Comments
There are multiple ways to tell when spirit is phasing. Firstly there's an audio queue when you're in her terror radius, but also her hair stands up. So if she's standing still and her hair isn't standing up then she's not phasing
I also mentioned the perk that destroys her is spine chill. That alone let's you know when she's coming at you.
There are indeed some weird characters in DbD, thats a good point of you. Still, a Cowboy does not fit in any horror game in my opinion. I dont know why, its just out of place for me, like for example a shark, a car or a doll would be. I guess it is a personal thing, but to be fair, i dont know any people who disagree with he beeing very out of place (at least the people i play with and those i know in RL who also play the game)
I am fine if people like him, i wish i could to, but i dont. I also dont think he is a weak version of the Huntress, actually he can do a lot of stuff far better. There is only one thing she is much better then deathslinger and thats that she can fight multible targets at the same time. Everything else is a plus for deathslinger. He has no humming like she and only a really small terror radius (the terror radius of deathslinger makes it even harder to predict how close he acutally is compared to the normal terror radius) which helps him get way closer to the target then Huntress can, he can quickscope, he can reel in the survivor , NOED works with his power, he does not have to break chase and reload at a locker etc
Yes, thats what his problem is. The quickscope mechanic is what makes him so unfun to go against. Its like Scott Jund sayed: "You are not dodging Deathslinger, he is just missing". A perfect Deathslinger will hit every single shot without any chance for the survivors. Its also extremly frustrating that he gains ground with his fake attempt of shooting. Here is a good example of what i mean
https://youtu.be/40gHL0W48HA?t=550So to answer your question: If they remove quickscope or at least give some kind of notification that at least gives the survivor a fair chance to dodge, i would be the last person to complain about it. I would even give him something in return to compensate for that.
Kind regards
This is generally speaking, it is also somewhat add on dependent: I find mirror Myers in indoors maps extremely fun to verse, while an Iri head huntress can uninstall the game and burn their pc along with all Freddy players for all I care, it’s just insta dc as long as there’s no penalty, then back to suicide on hook. I don’t usually quit immediately vs legions unless they use that add on that spreads their stupid TR to all the map or if they have slow down perks. Learn to play the game jfc you don’t need them to win
I find clown unfun because of the blurry screen, just gives me a huge headache. A good spirit is just uncounterable, there’s no mind games, no chase, you just go down. Myers and ghostface because.. uhm.. no real reason? Just don’t particularly enjoy versing them compared to other killers I enjoy more. Deathslinger for same reason as others + *by personal experience* deathslinger players are all bad and resolve to cheap tactics to try to win (they usually lose, but ruin the experience to at least one team mate)
Theres no point explaining why I consider fun the other killers. They’re just fun. It could be argued that a good nurse is a uncounterable as a spirit, but I guess the “experience” is somewhat different, making her extremely fun to verse
Also, “baby” killers are unfun to verse, because it makes it just easy. I honestly feel bad for them when I end up against and try to give them tips. Also hate when team mates bully them because they see they’re new.
I think Piglette, Myers, and a peekaboo Ghostface are generally the most fun but I strongly believe they should be immune to Spine Chill while undetectable. If Myers was immune to SC and his terror radius could only be heard during a chase regardless of EW tier level I personally think that would take him to a whole different level of true Myers.
I've never seen or heard either of those things. And yes, spine chill may counter her, but you can't expect people to bring that perk
Yeah, I get that. I think it would also help if NOED didn't work on his power
It's easy to think there's no counterplay if you've never heard of the counterplay. It's the same with noob survivors not knowing you can crouch over hag traps.
"Nurse,... extremely fun."
Sure thing boss, slugging nurse is absolutely the most unfun thing in the game.
Baby nurses maybe,.
Here's my tier list.
I'd rate freddie significantly more frustrating/unfun than spirit. But I'll let them share a category, even though she sits closer to "unfun" than Freddie's category.
Some of the "meh" categories have unfun aspects (e.g. Pig's RNG or Deathslingers ability to close the gap and m1 while you are busy trying to dodge or Hag's tendency to camp hooks/basement/3gens), but overall their unfun aspects don't make the round feel like a pain in the ass (unless they are a good player, but a good player will make any round hellish).
Legion is the only killer I was a bit confused on how I rank him. Some days I absolutely do not feel like dealing with a Legion and other days I think it's fun to try to loop him. I always feel polarized, but more often than not I think it is fun to verse one.
I did some testing in custom matches, and there is literally no visible difference between a phasing spirit and one who's just standing still. Again, her so called "counterplay" is literally just guessing and hoping you're right
How can you hate sweet old gran gran she only wants to make sure your getting your vitamin e. In all honesty it does suck playing against hag since her playstyle is effectively turning the process of unhooking and not getting immediatly rehooked into the equivalent of escaping fort knoxx.
My opinions on the whole matter.
Definitely agree on nurse i love also playing against pigs personally. Plague and spirit are at the bottom for me i don't like killers who say your ######### if you do and your ######### if you don't. Don't cleanse your onehittable. Cleanse you turn her into huntress on drugs. Spirit....no comment.
I’d have Michael, Bubba, Trapper, Wraith, Nurse, Clown, Huntress, Demogorgon, Pyramid Head and Deathslinger as ones I like going against.
Hag, Doctor, Freddy, Legion, Billy and Oni are the most annoying.
Everybody else is just so-so.
Spirits a so-so?
The only thing that needs changing on her is the fact her standing still / phasing is exactly the same. Even with that still in the game I don’t mind going against her.
Hey man, it's not my fault the games broken. All I know is that's how it's supposed to work. As someone who plays spirit it was very frustrating to deal with buggy sounds for ages. Not being able to hear survivors due to bugs hurts the spirit a lot more than any other killer really.