Console Killers could use a little aim assist/tracking
Just for basic attacks, not ranged attacks.
I play on both PC and console. It's way easier to consistently hit basic attacks on PC. Console feels too jerky. The aim sensitivity, in close quarters, should slow down when looking at a survivor and track at least a little. Combined with frame rate problems on older consoles, the difference between the effort in landing a basic attack on PC vs Console is night and day.
There's a reason that other console games have this feature; but for this I'm just talking about basic attacks. Ranged attacks aren't hard to land on console compared to basic attacks because the survivor consistently stays on screen and there is no threat of a wiggling off of the field of view. The problem lies in the killer's having to look left and right rapidly in low frames.
There shouldn't be this whole, "Oh it's so much harder to play nurse on console," talk going on. Across the platforms, it should be even. Yes, there are console players with newer consoles (no frame problems) and excellent control over the controller and the accompanying sensitivities, but how many?
You should be able to juke, but the juking should have the same level of effectiveness across platforms.
Comments
Anyone else have thoughts on this?
Aim assist screws over us console players so much, when we try and hit a survivor we hit a wall instead, so I think aim assist should be removed.
I never played dbd on console so I don't have experience but I assume this exact problems. The ability to aim precisely with a controller like with a mouse.
The most ironic thing is that the devs want to introduce Crossplatform friend invites. This should result in console players of both roles getting rekt by pc players to some degree.
Hits are just horrible on ps4. 360's almost work like DH. I've watched my sword go through people 360ing as oni, and it didn't register as a hit. This port from PC to ps4 reminds me of when they ported TMNT2: The arcade game to nes. Sure it sounded cool and we all wanted it, but it was ######### compared to playing it at the arcade.
I think I know what you mean, but I don't think that's an aim assist problem. If it is an aim assist problem, the solution would be to make it smarter, not remove it.
I think it has more to do with FPS caps personally.
When a survivor spins on console it is much harder to keep up with them due to frames being capped at 30 compared to 60 on PC.
The FPS problems are just as bad on PS4 pro version than normal version. The problem is in the code, not the hardware. And autoaim (or aim assist or animation enhancement or whatever the devs are calling it) screws killers very much. 360s are cheap as hell and drop the killer's frames every time. What they should do is to remove the current autoaim.
Im on Xbox and if I don't restart my game after every 2 games I will consistently get under 30 FPS on every single map.
I agree a bit. Hit boxes on console is so wonky.
No, we need LESS.
Why would you guys think you need less aim assist when you're not hitting your targets? You can't achieve the same control that you can on PC. You need smarter aim assist, not less, or you'll never be able to perform as well as you can on PC.
I've been screwed out of hits, too. That's not aim assist, that's something else these devs have created.
No I didn't mean survivor compared to survivor and killer to killer.
But a console survivor will be slightly at a disadvantage against pc killer that have higher frame area and are able to hit/turn better.
The console killer on the other hand might have more problems against pc survivor that also have better frame rates and are used to the pc killers.
Frames are a huge issue, considering i play on the original xbox the frames can honestly break down when multiple effects are happening. as for the aim assist id like the current "aim dressing" removed, its honestly just screwing up the aim for no reason in certain matches, you will hold forwards and lunge for the survivor to do a slight wiggle and your killer just breaks and stops swinging in the wrong direction like wat...
But that's what I mean. That's not aim assist; that's aim sabotaging
I am still not talking about skill but hardware limitations and people being used to them and comparing these people to people that are not limited in such a way.
But I think we won't find an understanding here and I have to go to bed for work tomorrow morning. So have a good night. 😴
Dude, you just drag to the left or right for a basic attack. Lunge attacks hit the moment you make contact. We need less aim assist determining a hit. Ever whiff a hit when they're right in front of you because they did a little spin? That's exploiting the aim dressing.
I think the only killer they should add aim assist on console is deathslinger as he is played like a shooter game and every shooter game has aim assist. But also, every shooter game has an option to turn aim assist on or off and so should dbd have an option for that so everyone can decide for himself.
As for basic attacks I don't think you will actually enjoy it. You hit will get sucked into objects instead of the survivor (I can speak from experience, back then old Nurse had aim assist after blinking and it was TERRIBLE as Nurse)
No. You're not whiffing because of aim assist.
I play with Xbox controller on PC.
Its a question about turn speed, its easier to turn fast on mouse /keyboard. I have the turns speed on 50% controller and 100% on mouse.
Its very hard to do the same on controller as on mouse. But i accept that and I just play killers that are better at Xbox controls.
And we probably have to use a perk to compensate, Unrelenting perhaps.