I’m starting to prefer playing as killer...
I started playing this game back in 2017 and for the first year I was strictly a survivor main. I just found it to be scarier and more intense being a survivor, but when I started to become a good player the game started to lose a lot of the horror aspect for me and I found myself becoming bored in some games. Don’t get me wrong, I can still play survivor now and have fun, I just don’t have as much fun as I did back in 2017. I think the main issue is that I mostly play solo and I feel like I always draw the short straw and get the worst teammates and I don’t want to be the only person doing gens, putting up decent chases etc. It just becomes frustrating losing games because your team die ridiculously fast.
Playing killer gives me all the power as I don’t have to rely on anybody but myself. I’m currently a rank 1 killer and rank 2 survivor and for the first time I can say I’m actually enjoying playing as a killer more. I’ve got my Miguel to P3 Level 50 and I have my favourite load out on him and he’s just a total blast to play as. I’m not completely giving up on survivor, as I do still have the odd fun game and some days I really enjoy my games, I’m just finding that as time goes on I’m becoming more of a killer main.
Has anybody else gone through this? It could be the opposite way around. Going from killer main to survivor.
Comments
I played a lot of killer when I started. Then recently played a lot of survivor to change it up after achieving all my goals as killer.
I have found myself lately a 50/50 player.
Yep, this is me too. :) I started playing in 2018 and was about 90% survivor/10% killer for a while. Now I’m a red rank Trapper main and have waaaay more fun playing killer than survivor these days and play it a lot more than survivor as a result. If I get bored of a certain killer I can switch it up, which keeps the game fresh. I get tons more bloodpoints. I don’t have to lose because my team sabotaged me, if I lose it’s usually because I didn’t play well enough. But that said I kill 3/4 survivors in most of my matches and rarely have balance complaints, to be honest. It’s definitely kept the game fun for me.
I went from survivor main to 50/50. But I’ve just noticed recently that I find myself clicking into killer lobbies more than survivor ones. I don’t like having to rely on having a decent team to get objectives done and since the new matchmaking I’m finding myself with a lot of teammates who are 10 ranks below me, and that’s just not fun because I can’t expect them to be at the same skill level as me but I also shouldn’t be expected to play in a lobby with them. 😂
Majority of good killers, have played a tremendous amont of survivor too. Welcome to the darkside friend. I am by all accounts a killer "main" but I play surv everyday too.
I agree with everything you said.
I also love Trapper, I went through a phase last year where I only played him as his ability to stop chases with his traps is amazing. I’m currently back playing as my #1 Miguel but I don’t stick to one killer, they are all fun to play as. I sometimes change my killer depending on the lobby. If it’s a lobby full of stealth characters, I’ll play as Legion etc. I just love that every killer makes you approach games and scenarios differently. You don’t find that with survivor because your perks don’t really alter the match that much.
I’ve always said this. You need to play both sides to understand both sides. When I’m playing as a killer I find it easy to mind game as I just assume the survivor is going to do what I would do in the same situation and more often than not, they do. Plus I love knowing that I’m making people jump as I use M&A on my Miguel and I know it catches almost everybody off guard. Haha
Killer is the more fun one for me, even if it's more liable to stress me out. As survivor you're much more dependent on all the other players for it to be a good experience.
I played mostly Survivor for a lot of time as I like it more then I started playing 50/50 or so.
Rank 1 on both roles and I still like Survivor morem but as Killer, not depending on having an awful team is very refreshing, especially with how bad the matchmaking has been lately.
Yeah that’s the thing that always sticks in my mind. I can sometimes get some really great and capable teammates. But it’s becoming a rarity. I’m also encountering a lot of selfish players who will do nothing all game except for getting in lockers waiting for the team to die. I just find that the survivors kill me more than the killer. I love being in control.
Yeah, I switch up who I play a lot and go through phases. I used to main Hag but she got too easy for me so I stopped playing her as much. I’ve gone through phases of Pig, Legion, Wraith, Myers, Bubba as well. I think when I get bored of Trapper I might start maining Plague, she’s a lot of fun.
Yes! I love the fact that there’s more freedom with killer in terms of builds - a lot of people will disagree with me on this I’m sure. But the different killers and their different playstyles mean you can experiment with a ton of different builds. On survivor, I get bored and stop running DS and then get farmed until I put it back on, and like you said they all play the same. Every match starts to feel the same. At least when you pick up a new killer you have to learn their power and build synergies. There are still killers I’ve barely even played. I feel like there’s just more depth to the killer role and more to explore.
I just came back to my killers I have been playing survivor for 2 months straight and my 7 of my 8 games I have let at least the last escape the hatch. Playing survivor has made me soft lol. No seriously tho I'm just sympothetic now to matchmaking, team members, d/c, points, and everyone getting a chance to play. And in case your wondering about the one game I didn't I need points too everyone had toolboxes, tried to hide, first chase 3 gens popped, each of them would immediately run to the bus loop they had to die.
Yeah, I get that. I play survivor with my daughter and wife. So when my daughter invites us I play survivor.
When I'm alone, I play killer.
Same! Only use to play survivor( solo never swf) but just recently started playing killer and Its a-lot of fun, besides the match making right now I am like rank 15 and I am playing rank ones and trying to do adept 💀.