Since all this cross-play stuff is coming. Do you guys think we can get some kind of icon that shows
Some kind of icon that shows who is in an swf group? I mean killer keeps getting nerfed you guys are fixing to ruin Billy one of the few killers that can actually hang versus SWS so my question is literally can you please add an icon that shows us who is in swf and who isn't. It would be very helpful to know whether I need to actually go full sweat try hard or whether I can actually relax and have a fun normal game.
I mean you make the killers power and perks always give the Survivor information can we get a little payback for that and to show us who's in a group and who is not.
Comments
I'd seriously like to know.
Personally wouldn't be opposed to this idea provided it was shown in post-game not pre-game.
I disagree. I would like to know if I'm going up against borderline cheaters right away or not. Using voice chat to communicate valuable information in a game that it wasn't intended to be in breaks the game I know survivors hate to admit that but it's true.
Devs had said it isn't cheating and unfortunately they make the rules of the game.
Killers who really wanna dodge swf will check friends lists to do so, nothing you can do. But how many more would dodge if the info were easy to access?
Personally idc if I face a swf but it'd be cool to know if this was a team that almost beat me (or roflstomped me, depending) or just 4 very godly solo gamers.
One of the questions on the recent community survey asked how strongly did we agree or disagree with the following:
"I find it hard to switch to a new killer because of rank"
This hopefully means they are considering having an individual rank track for each killer instead of for all killers as a whole.
As far as whether or not you should be trying hard, simply play the game how you like it. If the game is stupid hard vs SWF then let the stats show it.
If killers saw when there was an SWF present, they would bring out all the tryhard powers, perks, add-ons, and offerings, and then the stats would show them as competent vs SWF and SWF will never change for the better.
Claudette Avatar check.
Survivor sided opinion check.
Can confirm this person doesn't Main killer check.
I'm not saying it needs to be removed I just want to know when I'm going against it that way I can bring out my good add-ons moris that kind of thing.
So if people want to have fun together you bring a mori.
This is pretty much why devs hide who's in swf.
Where's the fun at for the killer then? Do you think it's enjoyable to go against for people that are literally borderline cheatng by using voice comms telling each other what's going on where you are and what not? Because I can tell you from personal experience it's not very fun going against Red Wing survive with friends groups who just happen to have one person in their group that's my rank because they're too scared to actually play properly.
So then the killer doesn't deserve to have any fun either? Because I can tell you going against the fully stacked survive with friends groups in which three of them are more than likely red rankst with only one person that just happens to be my rank who are using voice comms are freely communicate and abused imechanic not intended to be in the game why wouldn't I want to know so that I can bring good add-ons and possibly mori so that I can quickly even the odds?
I dunno why you tied cross-play in with this if your just talking about SWFs. The 2 have nothing in common at all. Besides that...very rarely are SWFs truly the bully squads so many killers dread and I doubt the devs are going to add something for the sole purpose of increasing lobby dodging.
Because you're the killer you're not suposed to have 4k guaranteed every match, you have to learn to lose too because it's always a posibility for survivors to all scape, and that doesnt make the game unfun, you can still have fun by participating.
And if comunication is not intended and an abuse, why does bhvr encourage and support people to find groups and join voice chats in their official discord server?
That I can say the same thing to you you're not entitled to an escape you're not entitled to survive every game. You can have fun just by participating so what's the problem?
No
You do know that most SWF teams are potatoes right? People like you are why it should NEVER be shown if a team is SWF during the lobby.
No one claimed survivors WERE entitled to escape every game. What your asking for is the ability to cherry pick matches to weed out cases where you MIGHT have a harder time. No survivor in this thread is asking for the same, so your response here makes no sense other than to act as deflection.
It's a wait and see thing... at least that's what I believe
Also the new MMR is something to take note of
An icon of the platform is a certainty (The devs need to do this at the start)
But then saying an icon for SWF's is hard for me to get behind... in another thread it was said that there're 2 types of SWF's (casual, competitive) so an icon would only mean SWF's would be dodged in the 50/50 chance they are a competitive squad
First off killers havent been getting constant nerds at all the only actual nerf is to billy which isnt justified considering I love to verse him and I used to main him in 2017.
Also if you added an indicator tip swf queue times killers are scared of swfs and will constantly dodge. Most dont see it as an opportunity to get better sadly.
Not at all. I definitely don't play any killer.
None in the slightest
Survivor main through and through you guys.
Livestreamed hours of me playing killer? Nope, clearly I don't play enough killer and don't understand any of the issues.
Claudette is my profile picture because I like how she looks. In like 5 days time it's going back to David because David is hot and I'm sad, lonely, and thirsty. Don't assume that because my opinion is survivor sided I don't play killer much, or at all. Funnily enough people do exist that play both sides and I feel justified to my opinion considering that fact.
At least my name isn't something like "BlendetteQueen", imagine how weird that'd be-
oh wait.
I'd like to point you in the direction of patch 1.9.2, nurse, and ruin. These are the three changes I don't think were justified & thankfully 1.9.2 got hotfixed out in like 3 days. theyve been recieving a couple nergs (cough freddy nerf cough why bhvr cough) but mostly theyve been doing pretty good.
You mean 1.9.3 but these are patches years ago killers still havent been getting nerfed recently except for the upcoming billy nerf.
wait it was 1.9.3?
dbd wiki lied to me.
"years ago" idk man, ruin was in january. that seems closer to half a year. nurse was october/november 2019 i believe. relatively recent ones. tho the 1.9.3 i agree on, that was ages ago.
Oh you talking about ruin nerf my bad bro I thought you meant the op flashlight pallet saves I'm ngl I abused that but I was still trash overall.
oh no the flash saves was 1.9.2 which was years ago, that i agree. ruin and nurse was fairly recent tho, which is sad.
i wasnt even good enough to abuse that one lol- just started playing in november 2017 so i wasnt even good enough to hit green ranks lmfao. i look back on some of the pics from back then of me using we'll make it, no mither, self care, and we're gonna live forever and am just like, "oh sis, oh please no". i think theres this one video in 10fps and like 500 bitrate of me playing and i drop shack pallet at 5 gens like oh god please no lol.
Yeah you right 1.9.2 but I was really bad like not even sub par looping but good enough to hit flashlight saves and pallet saves. I used to run urban, b-landing, bond, and ds. I was getting carried to high ranks. But yeah nurse and ruin are more recent but I love pop when I play killer which seems to work fine.
oh yeah without a doubt, pop is my favourite killer perk lol. it on freddy is lethal, and like every killer makes use of it. its just that imo we didnt need the ruin change until the early game warmup ######### got implemented that they talked about on the anniversary stream.
If you're honestly scared of SWF, stop playing.
You're living your life in constant fear, it's not healthy.
Either adapt, or accept it. That's it.
I stomp SWF all the time, I get my ass beat by a good SWF once in a while, not everyday.
Get over it.
Very nice!
Yeah, you're clearly a survivor main with no killer experience.
I Love it when people judge you by your Avatar and have no idea what roles you play.
Yeah definitely I agree when the warmup starts the games gonna be even more balanced I can't wait for that. Had a billy camp me because he decides to commit to me even though gens were popping.
not like i have a post on my profile of me ranting about a game i had live or anything lmfao.
honestly seeing that made my night lol
lol Imagine thinking every SWF is a SWAT depip team.
U would dodge then lobbys. Especially when you want to play a low tier killer or don't have moris anymore
Imagine thinking swf is cheating despite the devs literally, explicitly saying that it isn't.
Thats like saying facecamping is bannable.
It is not cheating? Ok then, i want in game mics available, or at least in game team chat on screen to communicate with my randomly selected team.
Yeah I wouldn't be opposed to that, but at the same time devs said they're cautious of adding this due to privacy reasons and because they know trolls will abuse it.
But no, SWF is not cheating. That's like saying that tunneling is.
If communicate with team is not cheating why everyone cant do that? I want to communicate with my survivor team. It will be much more easy! I could change those aura perks for something more useful and just read/hear where killer exactly is. If this is not cheating i want in game mics to use!
And seriously, trolls? Really? Thats why there is no in game chat? Come on... "Mute" option was invented quite some time ago and its working great on trolls. :-)
Your not going to get better as killer by dodging swf teams. These "cheaters" aren't all that good most of the time. I've said it recently but I'll say again why the won't show swf in pre-game lobby:
I don't mind getting a bloodpoint reward and getting told after the game who is in a swf but not before. This isn't coming from someone who just plays survivor btw.
Why? If thats not cheating i also want have option to communicate. It will be cool to drop those aura perks for something more useful and just read/hear where killer exactly is, where i need to go to heal someone or fix gen faster.
And Trolls? Yeeeeeeah, someone should tell devs about Mute option, it was already invented quite some time ago and its working great. :)
If it was cheating why would the devs have discord voice channels specifically dedicated to playing with people?
I don't know why the devs don't add in-game voice chat. I don't know if you can tell by my profile but funnily enough, I'm not a developer. Put your idea in the Feedback and Suggestions section of the forum and then it stands a much higher chance of being read by some devs and either implemented or responded to, or maybe put into the next community survey.
Also if you think voice comms removes all need for aura perks, that's incorrect. Empathy, aftercare, kindred, alert; all have a place in giving specific information when your comm parter could not. "Oh god he's breaking the pallet by the harvester" and seeing the exact location are two very different things.
No, no, you share an opinion with me, a very survivors sided opinion by the way, and your icon is a survivor perk! In the words of @SlingerKing, clearly you don't play killer.
Damn are you Inspector Gadget?! ๐๐
Difference is that I have proof I play a lot of killer lol so no one can say I'm survivor sided.
Same but no, that doesn't matter, survivor main. Reeee.