Reminder: Billy has a 75% kill rate at red ranks

According to the last available dev stats. Does that seem balanced to anyone? Red ranks that are supposedly all coordinated SWF btw. 15 threads a day calling to nerf DS that gives 60 seconds that a survivor can take a third hit but the ability to one hit down with speed Billy all match is "perfectly balanced". This is a relatively minor nerf that has long been needed.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/106566/

Comments

  • @PrettyFaceKate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1420607#Comment_1420607

    Your statements don't compute. If the game was so easy to play as survivor, then the kill rate wouldn't be 70-75%. DUCY?

    Why are your views and thoughts on this so shallow?

    A couple of things:

    1. what does "75% Killrate" actually mean?
    2. Red Rank vs. All Rank doesn't accurately reflect strength of Killers or Survivors.
    3. Its easy af to get to any rank as a survivor. So a Red Rank Killer would mostly get matched with players below their rank. (between ranks 9-1 for Rank 3 Killer, 7-1 for Rank 1) the number of survivors not of equal skill level being faced is completely unknown, but undoubtedly the vast majority.
    4. Dying as a Survivor doesn't really mean anything. Dying doesn't mean playing survivor isn't easy.


  • Red survivor doesnt mean much these days.

  • And I would say at least 25-30% of them are suicides on hooks from butt hurt people. The stats mean 💩💩💩

  • DBD Truthers out in full force. When presented with statistics showing how strong killers are right now, and Billy in particular, they do everything they can to deny and discredit those stats. Billy flies from one side of the map to the other with his insta down chainsaw killing survivors about 3/4 of the time. You really don't think a little cool down is appropriate? Every other killer has some limits. While the stats are not perfect we can certainly draw some reasonable conclusions from them. After many recent survivor nerfs (most justifiable), killers in general are very powerful right now. Billy especially. The claim that he a perfectly balanced killer is a joke. Don't be a DBD Truther.

  • Reminder: Most red rank survivors suck and don't deserve to be there.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Are we really using statistics from nearly a year ago and was already proven to be considerably flawed in how the stats themselves were gathered as evidence that Billy deserves to be nerfed?

    That seems a bit far reaching, doesn't it?

    Also considering how stupid most red rank survivors are that I see, I wouldn't even consider kill rates for red ranks anymore. I literally see survivors with barely move than 100 hours in red ranks now and they sure as hell play like they're brand new. Some even think it actually takes skill to hit red ranks as survivor. Y'know, when the game consistently likes to feed survivors rank 15~20 killers to go up against.

    Thing is red rank killer aren't that good either.

    I still see from time to time r1 killer that facecamp one guy and 3 people escape. Really makes you think how those people end up at rank 1

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    In addition to the answers given above id add yes, that is balanced as in my ooinion 3k is balance. Its a survival horror game not a nascar race where everyone gets a participation trophy. Or at least it shouldnt be imo

    I would love 3k balancing.

  • @handfulofrain said:

    Reminder: Most red rank survivors suck and don't deserve to be there.

    I agree. Red rank potato here. Actually I don't deserve to be red rank killer either even though I mainly play killer.

  • @Koukdw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1421845#Comment_1421845

    Thing is red rank killer aren't that good either.

    I still see from time to time r1 killer that facecamp one guy and 3 people escape.

    Sometimes it bes like that 🤷‍♂️. Some games rng kills you. Sometimes you f'd up at the beginning and 4 gens pop stupid quick. Regardless of whether it was the killers faukt or he just got screwed tgere are times when camping becomes required

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1421856#Comment_1421856

    Sometimes it bes like that 🤷‍♂️. Some games rng kills you. Sometimes you f'd up at the beginning and 4 gens pop stupid quick. Regardless of whether it was the killers faukt or he just got screwed tgere are times when camping becomes required

    I was just countering the argument that survivor are boosted and killer aren't. Both are boosted. Killer facing boosted survivor with cheap win perks (noed) will win way more than they should.

  • @Koukdw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1421932#Comment_1421932

    I was just countering the argument that survivor are boosted and killer aren't. Both are boosted. Killer facing boosted survivor with cheap win perks (noed) will win way more than they should.

    I agree with that. Just saying even the best killers have ######### games

  • more than 90% of survivors ranks 1 are the real killers, statistics with a player base like the one in this game does not make any sense

  • @darwinsbrain said:

    According to the last available dev stats. Does that seem balanced to anyone? Red ranks that are supposedly all coordinated SWF btw. 15 threads a day calling to nerf DS that gives 60 seconds that a survivor can take a third hit but the ability to one hit down with speed Billy all match is "perfectly balanced". This is a relatively minor nerf that has long been needed.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/106566/

    Reminder the last time they gave us stats was Pre hex ruin is ruined update so most of those numbers don’t mean anything anymore but this doesn’t mean I don’t agree the nerf made sense

  • Red rank survivors are no good is such a dumb argument. Then how should the game be balanced. Bottom line is the devs use stats to decide where adjustments need to be made in the game. Be thankful they don't actually balance it on a 2K average like they have said they would like to or ALL the killers would be nerfed and all the killer main heads would spontaneously combust. Be thankful for little tweaks like cool downs.

  • @RizeAki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/168362/reminder-billy-has-a-75-kill-rate-at-red-ranks

    Reminder the last time they gave us stats was Pre hex ruin is ruined update so most of those numbers don’t mean anything anymore but this doesn’t mean I don’t agree the nerf made sense

    We could use some updated stats, this is true. Are you listening bhvr? But I wouldn't say the stats don't mean anything. Do you think Billy got worse post ruin rework? I think he has probably gotten better due to his crazy map pressure. Especially with the smaller maps. This is probably why he is getting this little cool down tweak.

  • I'd honestly balance the game so that games are more oriented towards a 3/1 ratio, so that you can feel killers have the POWERFUL role in the match and that survivors need to work HARD in order to get out, and even if they don't, they would often black pip or pip decently even if they die, if they did a reasonable amount of work in that game...


    I'd feel it would be more enjoyable on both sides as it is at the moment!

  • @TheOptimiser said:

    I'd honestly balance the game so that games are more oriented towards a 3/1 ratio, so that you can feel killers have the POWERFUL role in the match and that survivors need to work HARD in order to get out, and even if they don't, they would often black pip or pip decently even if they die, if they did a reasonable amount of work in that game...

    I'd feel it would be more enjoyable on both sides as it is at the moment!

    Lets see how long the survivor base sticks around for that. A 3k average? You think it would be more fun for survivors if they lose 3/4 of the games they play? Because of the challenge? Killers don't like to be challenged?

  • @TheOptimiser said:

    I'd honestly balance the game so that games are more oriented towards a 3/1 ratio, so that you can feel killers have the POWERFUL role in the match and that survivors need to work HARD in order to get out, and even if they don't, they would often black pip or pip decently even if they die, if they did a reasonable amount of work in that game...

    I'd feel it would be more enjoyable on both sides as it is at the moment!

    This ^ glad im not alone

  • @TheOptimiser said:

    I'd honestly balance the game so that games are more oriented towards a 3/1 ratio, so that you can feel killers have the POWERFUL role in the match and that survivors need to work HARD in order to get out, and even if they don't, they would often black pip or pip decently even if they die, if they did a reasonable amount of work in that game...

    I'd feel it would be more enjoyable on both sides as it is at the moment!

    You'd balance the game so that pressing a button labelled as "killer" in the main menu means you'll win on average? That's not what balance means.

  • @PrettyFaceKate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1422090#Comment_1422090

    You'd balance the game so that pressing a button labelled as "killer" in the main menu means you'll win on average? That's not what balance means.

    They expect to 3 and 4k every match. Thats why any little balance on a killer that is over performing generates 40 threads expressing their outrage and threatening to quit.

1 2 ›