Is SWF now mandatory?
Why is it that 50% or more of my matches right now. Where all I want to do is get decent points from the event as Rank 3. Result in me getting paired with ACTUAL rank 20s on the regular?
I know this can't be due to lack of players. Sometimes its even a red rank killer it puts us against.
At least it would be somewhat fun if it was a RANK 20 killer because he would be terrible. Its usually a rank 10 or something though. Which means we all die because the team is so bad the chances to get points.
Comments
yeah, whenever I'm solo, I get placed with rank 20 teammates. its like you need to play with high rank SWF to actually have a fair game. and I dont get paired with rank 10 killers, they're rank 1-4.
also, on the flip side, as a rank 1 killer I get placed in baby lobbies. which is completely unfair to baby survivors playing their first games.
It's anecdotal, but I feel like I'm going against teams more often. Pairs 3 and 4 man groups all included.
It's going to be a very bad time, but I hope SWF continue to grow in popularity. When they do, the data will back up what players have been saying about them for years and maybe we'll start to see balance changes that address the issue.
The issue being the strength of an organized swf group compared to a single equally skilled killer.
At least it would be somewhat fun if it was a RANK 20 killer because he would be terrible.
That's your idea of fun? Interesting.
Of course - It's only fun when you're the one doing the humiliating.
Just some friends having fun and sharing cakes together
It would be fun because it would balance out the fact it isn't meant to be 1v1. What chance do I stand against a rank 8-10 killer who doesn't have to worry about 3 of the players on the team? Of course he will eventually get me if he can afford to dedicate time to it at no cost to him. A rank 20 killer would AT LEAST smack around the other players while I am free to get SOME points.
What like this current setup is good? Rank 3 with two rank 20s a random rank 14 going up against a rank 10 killer. Fun.
EDIT. Better yet what chance to the rank 20s stand against the rank 10 killer in the match with us? A survivor being higher rank doesnt balance out anything especially if it isn't a swf. Nothing I can do will change the fact they don't do gens or fail skill checks every other minute.
Given the start of the previous post, I don't think you're wrong ;3
I think survivors have been nerfed enough.
Yes. Swf is a HUGE issue.
I think they should add a generator more per friend for swf groups. Reasonable balance.
If they want to swf they should be up for an extra objective per friend in match.
Under no circumstances should a killer ever lose if the survivors need 9 gens.....
Just implement voice chat and rebalance the game around it. I am so sick and tired to play two different games depending if you play against swf or solo players. I mean swf even make some perks completely obsolete.
It's an interesting dilemma.
Solo survivors need to be balanced differently than SWF. But balancing one impacts the other. Same effects with killers. The impact of killer changes are greater on solo than they are on swf groups.
Playing with friends shouldn't be punished, but swf swat groups shouldn't be able to steamroll a killer.
Unfortunately the trick to balancing this lies directly on the swf group. Casual friend groups are going to suffer from the change the most.
What the devs are going to do is the real concern.
I EMPHASIZE THIS IS NOT TO NERF ALL SURVIVORS. Only those who play swf.
Balance if they are coordinated its like most SWAT SWF its just an extra objective.
And its not 9 gens. Its 8. Playing online at max you can only play with a max of 3 friends. You would not be including yourself initially
Ok, survivor - I believe your tales of non-toxicity.
The only steam rolling we should be doing is steam rolling that blood web against the entity js
Perfect example of this problem just now.
I at rank 3 survivor. Just played with 3 rank 20 survivors who didn't even seem to have 1 game experience yet. One didn't know how to run and they didn't seem to understand what skillchecks are.
We played with a RANK ONE KILLER.
Come the F on.
I've been getting that too. Rank 1 tryhard with a top tier killer and meta perks, rank 15-20 baby megs, dwights and claudettes as survivors. It's ridiculous.
VERY NEXT MATCH.
Idiot rages quits on the hook because we didnt come save him instantly. 2 gens popping with ruin still up is totally less important than a hook save we have tons of time for still. Good thing you didnt waste your hook stage...wait you did. But hey I can't blame you...matchmaking is totally functioning.
2 other players. Both quit when they got hit. Jesus.
Apparently me wanting to at least play a killer who isn't GUARANTEED to beat me in this situation is toxic.
I also play killer and when I see this is happening I usually stretch things out to get max points. I really don't understand some of you guys with 2-3 cakes in play acting like your life depends on the win when you can obviously tell you're playing with broken ranks. There is ZERO chance you're going to lose why not max your points?
No, just no. What they could do is reduce the number of gens on the map while against a SWF. So the killer would have less generators to pressure.
That's not a bad idea either
playing SWF is way more fun dont get me wrong even if makes the unbalance.
This guy can call someone directly a clown and it's ok??? wack. :/
@OP SWF was always a better option for ensuring you have decent teammates. Until the MMR system is implemented and has had time to place players appropriately we will just have to rely on the wonky MM.
In the real world intentionally derailing what a topic is about should be more offensive than calling someone "a clown". I do know this is the feelings matter more than factual information era and all.
Also, you really taddle tale and say whack in the same post?
BRUH.
I think a community around a game about sacrifice and killing survivors is more than mature enough to handle someone calling them a clown. I wasn't "taddleing" as you so eloquently put, I was simply calling out the double standard and BS of it. Nor was I trying to derail the thread since I also gave a response aimed directly at OP and their post.
Also there are a lot more problems to dissect with the "feelings matter more than information era" thing but like you've said, this isn't the place for that.
It shouldn't be honestly.
The devs need to implement a ranking system that can keep the bad players out of red ranks.
If you want to enjoy the game on a consistent basis with people your speed, then yes. Otherwise, no.
At launch of big DLCs like silent hill, there is a huge influx of new players that are looking to get in games. It will happen less as time goes on (at least until the next big DLC).
New players want to get in matches like anyone else, and it so happens that long Q times aren't fun, so there ends up being quite a bit of 'rank leak'.
I'm willing to deal with newer players even if it means lower quality teams for a few weeks. Just me?
Depends on how long YOU have been playing.
Right now I am a red rank survivor being paired with brand new players and going up against experienced killers. This is nowhere near fun and it isn't because of the new DLC everyone always says that.
If there was more players playing. Then those grey ranks would just be getting paired with grey ranks at a faster pace. It doesn't explain how red ranks would get paired with them at all.
I'm trying to get points out of this event and I am extremely lucky to get like a score of 18,000 in these matches.
It's SWFs that are screwing up the matchmaking in the first place.
All the red rank survivor teammates you're missing? They're not in your games because they're forming imbalanced SWF groups to stomp baby killers. 1, 2, 1, 20 ranked groups and such.
A lot of this would be solved if BHVR just made it so that SWF groups were matched against the highest rank in the lobby - like literally every other team game I've ever seen - rather than being matched against the lowest. But that would make survivors sad, so no chance.
I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about the 2 people who just up and decided that me wantinga balance that favors me more than one that GUARANTEES I lose. Must in fact mean I want to be bullying. God forbid I want a match where I stand a reasonable chance to win.
Oh, well of course I agree with wanting balanced matches where both sides have a good chance to win.
Good luck with SWF. There’s too many insecure killers who just bring Ebony Moris just because you want to play with friends. Going to be so good when Ebonies get nerfed.
I agree with this. Meanwhile somehow something else is also going on because its so ramped up lately.
You can for sure tell this is at least partially true. I am rank 1 killer and the likelyhood I will get paired with grey rank survivors if FAR lower than the chance of the same happening when I am survivor. Even though it impacts across the board too. Ilm also kinda annoyed with survivors giving up so easily with me. I am purposely giving them chances because a lot of the times there is a grank rank or two as well.
"We're just trying to play with friends, we don't know how this works!"
Never mind that it's predictable as hell. I can count on seeing this every game.
Oh yeah, SWF groups have suuuuuch a hard time. They're the poor, oppressed salt of the earth.