PH cage change makes sense but...
Like borrowed time, shouldn't the survivor being released lose the tormented status rather than both survivors?
Also, how impactful would it be if the survivor rescuing a caged survivor gained tormented to compensate for the killer losing track of a "hooked" survivor with no chance to capitalize on that event the same way he could by hooking a survivor.
Basically, create an incentive for a PH player to cage survivors instead of simply hooking them because as it stands the cage mechanic does not have enough impact over simply hooking a survivor to warrant being used. Especially after this change.
Thoughts?
Comments
Agreed, already suggested this earlier on a different thread even. Also there needs to be a loud noise notification when uncaging a Survivor.
Im already creating a list of things I want to talk to you about but ill respond on this one anyway cause im bored at work you know?
The simple fact that applying torment is so hard on most maps makes the ability to use your cages mostly pointless. to be fair on the indoor maps like lery's or hawkins its super easy just because people cant walk around it as easy but in wide open maps like cornfield maps good freaking luck. PH severley needs an aditional way to spread torment for the power to truly have some impact on the game.
the most requested change I've seen is that his ranged attack applies torment. I like this a bit better then torment being applied to an unhooker as that specifically gives a negative reward for being a team player and doing well where as it being applied on his range attack is a reward to the killer for playing well. Id rather reward instead of punish players.
Another buff that would be good is that torment should spread through proximity like how infected spreads on plague when a sick survivor touches another survivor. However this does go against what I said about rewarding instead of punishing so maybe its not that great of a buff idea.
Yeah I agree. His cages are currently too punishing for him, a complete waste of map pressure that only comes in clutch in some rather situational scenarios as it stands right now. Making so that only the uncaged survivor loses torment would make his cages somewhat more appealing to use.
I didn't go after the uncaged person, but knowing where they were was helpful for knowing where the other survivors were. If I hadn't found another survivor yet, I could try to find the uncager. Now, the only situation in which caging is good is if you have another survivor right in front of you. Otherwise, the loss of information could cause the killer to lose any and all momentum they may have had. Trying to save Torment for the mini-mori is probably the best way to go.
This is actually what I've been doing. I just try to get everyone tormented then mindgame the ranged attack and M1 for the rest of the match.
It's not very engaging gameplay imo
The ranged attack is what I have fun with while playing as him. Sending people to the cage was nice for the Deviousness points. I'd hook survivors once for BBQ, send them to the cage the second time for the Deviousness points, then let everyone go. I'll try to keep doing that since I'm not "playing for real" right now, but if I notice I'm losing a lot of momentum and BP because I can't quickly find the next survivor I'll have to give up the Deviousness points from caging.
I already didn't like that the person making the save also lost Torment. Many survivors during my matches completely avoid getting Tormented even once, so having two lose it from one caging really sucked. Now you lose Torment on the second survivor while also giving up valuable information about where survivors are located. That's a lot to lose.
I usually just cage them if I know the others are nearby or if I downed 2 ppl and don't want them to pick somebody up, also if there's a risk of being flashlighted, palletstunned etc. Otherwise I use the torment for information, slowing down survivors by spreading it out. Also try using single patches a few times in between big torment streaks, they work better to find ppl since most ppl look for long trails and will run into your torment patch in a high piece of grass.
His range attack is awesome, I don't know why you don't like it. Sure survivors in the open will mostly be able to avoid it but in junglegyms when using it out of line of sight it can be deadly and even if you don't hit survivors will usually have to guess if they can hug the jungle-gym walls or if they risk getting hit by punishment sometimes giving you that MINISCULE amount of distance that was needed for that cheeky windowhit.
Finally people who see this further than "lol you just tunneled" right..so completely ignore the other ramifications of this
Space Coconut I addressed this issue on my post 2 hours earlier and I do believe you took my audience away from me. I will forgive you if you were to kindly share your opinion on my post, and maybe even glance at the recent perk changes I have addressed yesterday.
Do that and I will consider not unsubscribing from your channel and breaking all the Coconuts in my backyard.
You have 24 hours to comply. Yes I am kidding but it would be appreciated ๐
only the sith deal in absolutes!
I will do what I must.
I'm a Former Marine.
Imagine the most colorful response to your demand that you can and then imagine it coming out of Arley Ermee's mouth.
So so, would that be a yes or a no? ๐
Well, I would appreciate if you would take a peak at my Cage of Atonement post. If you do not, I will respect your decision. Thank you for your response nonetheless ๐๏ธ
In response to your post, I agree that Cage of Atonement requires something else to give it purpose. To go into detail with Cage of Atonement, we may need to dissect Torment and see if that would require a change as well. As of now, Cage of Atonement removes Torment for two Survivors. I fail to see the benefit of that, along with much more.