This match was about 3 minutes long.

I am sure people are tired of hearing it and I genuinely apologize for contributing to it but this is really the only way I know to say to the development team like hey this is still a problem. And the title is not an exaggeration. If I had to throw a number on it this match was probably like 3 minutes and 30 seconds tops.

I've been playing a lot so I'm happy to say I'm not quite as aloof as I was at the beginning but I'm still relatively new and when I get games like this they are over so fast that I don't even really learn anything from it. I certainly don't enjoy myself. There is no moment of "I should have done this instead of that" or "oh, this is how to apply this perk to gameplay, next time I'll do that." There was genuinely not even time or opportunity to make a mistake in this game and get better because of it.

I don't want a feeding frenzy or anything, I don't want other people that aren't having fun I want everyone to have fun, but I wish I was playing people that were about where I was in the game. Where we're both learning things. Seeing our mistakes and correcting them later.

You know I heard a rumor too, a rumbling, and I know rumors are rumors. But I heard something like oh they're going to hide what level people are or what rank so people don't see the scoreboard and think well what the h*? But I hope that's just a rumor because that's not really fixing the problem is it? The only solace out of poor matchmaking like this is at least on that scoreboard I think to myself okay so this is why it was so one-sided, like these guys are way out of my league and it's just one of those games move on. Like I said I hope it's just a rumor, If my bumper falls off throwing some duct tape over the hole isn't going to make the hole go away just because no one can see it. So I hope that they have more love and respect for their player base than that and I have faith in them that they do, but I hope truly that they do too because that's not going to fix anything and quite frankly will probably make the problem worse not better.

And no, this is not their fault, the devs or these folks, it's my fault. I am garbage at dead by daylight, I am getting better but I am still garbage. But it sucks to have that pointed out in a match like this when someone stands no chance. Just straight up out of their league. It's a salt shaker that sucks all the fun out of it.

On the positive side and I want to make sure and say this because you all that have seen my posts know by now I like optimism, I like positivity. I will say that at least these four were chill. There was no teabagging or trolling or prolonging or anything like that and I genuinely appreciate that. A lot of the times that's not the case.


Screenshot_20200701-200944~2.png


Comments

  • Given the amount of bloodpoints they received, I believe you.

    5k is automatically given when they escape. So they earned 10k points during the match.

    I wouldn't understand how that's fun.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    Given the amount of bloodpoints they received, I believe you.

    5k is automatically given when they escape. So they earned 10k points during the match.

    I wouldn't understand how that's fun.

    Exactly. I just dont want to wait 20 minutes for a 3 minute game. Its just not worth my time. For either side.

  • Like I said I'm not trying to come across complaining or salty or anything It's just frustrating and I appreciate the civil responses

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    Given the amount of bloodpoints they received, I believe you.

    5k is automatically given when they escape. So they earned 10k points during the match.

    I wouldn't understand how that's fun.

    Not even, half of them didnt even cap out in Objective

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    Given the amount of bloodpoints they received, I believe you.

    5k is automatically given when they escape. So they earned 10k points during the match.

    I wouldn't understand how that's fun.

    Yeah, that's close to how the points look if I happen to accidentally queue up as Wraith and forget I queued while I get a sandwich and, uh, you know.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1402898#Comment_1402898

    For some survivors points isn’t the goal. Just escaping. Success at achieving that feels fun to some players.

    I can understand that.

    My goal is just to at least Pip once.

    It's a ######### at red ranks.

  • I got accused of tunnelling today by a survivor. I'm not sure what that is but the point of the killer is to well take out the survivors is it not? Am I not allowed to go after someone more then once or something? The comment came from a rank 3 survivor so not sure what that players deal was but I was doing as what the game was designed for so it just comes across as toxic behaviour to me. I'm only rank 15 and my perks are really weak.

  • Screenshot_20200701-221020~2.png

    Five games later, I guess at least this time I put in some work... Lol I know the scoreboard doesn't show it but I hooked all of them once and some of them a couple times so I mean optimism sake it wasn't like a 3-minute game but you know, lol

  • @Mtom912 said:

    I'm gonna say, the only possible way 5 gens can be done, and escape in 3 minutes is if the killer does literally nothing to stop them from doing gens. To be fair this is a matchmaking problem if anything, not a balancing problem, as it would be strange if a rank 15 with 2 tier 1 perks could beat those ranks.

    Also adding in the fact that bringing in a secret offering is just asking for gens to get done quick

    Just to be clear about the point I was making I agree with you I do post this as a criticism of the matchmaking not the balance ✌🏼❣️ apologies if I did not convey that accurately

  • Did they use the key to escape?

  • @LeftPreston said:

    Did they use the key to escape?

    I honestly have no idea I'm sorry. If you mean the hatch, I mean maybe I was kinda focused on what I was (trying) doing and pft I was spanked like I was paying for it

  • “Apply pressure 4head lmao.”

    -swf survivor main with ds, dh, adrenaline, unbreakable and never touched killer.

  • @TheeHappyDalek said:

    I am sure people are tired of hearing it and I genuinely apologize for contributing to it but this is really the only way I know to say to the development team like hey this is still a problem. And the title is not an exaggeration. If I had to throw a number on it this match was probably like 3 minutes and 30 seconds tops.

    I've been playing a lot so I'm happy to say I'm not quite as aloof as I was at the beginning but I'm still relatively new and when I get games like this they are over so fast that I don't even really learn anything from it. I certainly don't enjoy myself. There is no moment of "I should have done this instead of that" or "oh, this is how to apply this perk to gameplay, next time I'll do that." There was genuinely not even time or opportunity to make a mistake in this game and get better because of it.

    I don't want a feeding frenzy or anything, I don't want other people that aren't having fun I want everyone to have fun, but I wish I was playing people that were about where I was in the game. Where we're both learning things. Seeing our mistakes and correcting them later.

    You know I heard a rumor too, a rumbling, and I know rumors are rumors. But I heard something like oh they're going to hide what level people are or what rank so people don't see the scoreboard and think well what the h*? But I hope that's just a rumor because that's not really fixing the problem is it? The only solace out of poor matchmaking like this is at least on that scoreboard I think to myself okay so this is why it was so one-sided, like these guys are way out of my league and it's just one of those games move on. Like I said I hope it's just a rumor, If my bumper falls off throwing some duct tape over the hole isn't going to make the hole go away just because no one can see it. So I hope that they have more love and respect for their player base than that and I have faith in them that they do, but I hope truly that they do too because that's not going to fix anything and quite frankly will probably make the problem worse not better.

    And no, this is not their fault, the devs or these folks, it's my fault. I am garbage at dead by daylight, I am getting better but I am still garbage. But it sucks to have that pointed out in a match like this when someone stands no chance. Just straight up out of their league. It's a salt shaker that sucks all the fun out of it.

    On the positive side and I want to make sure and say this because you all that have seen my posts know by now I like optimism, I like positivity. I will say that at least these four were chill. There was no teabagging or trolling or prolonging or anything like that and I genuinely appreciate that. A lot of the times that's not the case.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/F51NO6J22GIY/screenshot-20200701-200944-7e2.png

    Instead of guessing how short a match is, you can see it at how many xp you get. You get 1 xp per second in the match and then 0-18 xp for emblems. Just a tip :)

  • @Shiartu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/167572/this-match-was-about-3-minutes-long

    Instead of guessing how short a match is, you can see it at how many xp you get. You get 1 xp per second in the match and then 0-18 xp for emblems. Just a tip :)

    I appreciate the info Thank you.

  • Behaviour needs to chill. Pride month is over, no need for rainbow ranks no more.