Stop telling me to look at what I unlocked when it's nothing.

I'm not buying the battle pass, so it would be really nice if every time it levels up I didn't get a big popup blocking quick chatting in the post game saying "TIER UNLOCKED, SEE WHAT YOU GOT" when I got nothing, it's an empty tier.

Add an ignore option, or better yet, just don't pretend you're being subtle when you're nagging me with "LOOK WHAT YOU'RE MISSING OUT ON."

Comments

  • I just wish the devs would add in something small like 10 iri shards per unused slot on the free track.

    It won't even give that many iri shards even if all slots gave 10 iri shards but it will be something other then empty spaces.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    I just wish the devs would add in something small like 10 iri shards per unused slot on the free track.

    It won't even give that many iri shards even if all slots gave 10 iri shards but it will be something other then empty spaces.

    Yeah it only comes off as stingey to have 40/70 spaces empty on the free track.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    I'm not buying the battle pass, so it would be really nice if every time it levels up I didn't get a big popup blocking quick chatting in the post game saying "TIER UNLOCKED, SEE WHAT YOU GOT" when I got nothing, it's an empty tier.

    Add an ignore option, or better yet, just don't pretend you're being subtle when you're nagging me with "LOOK WHAT YOU'RE MISSING OUT ON."

    @anarchy753 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1396234#Comment_1396234

    Yeah it only comes off as stingey to have 40/70 spaces empty on the free track.

    Both of those are intentional to make you buy the premium battlepass. You are supposed to get frustrated with the free version to get you to spend money. Your suggestions are good but they will never be implemented because that would make the system less scummy and the system being scummy is the point.

  • I just wish it would stop covering my chatbox every game. If I wanna see that stuff, I'll click on the little tab.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/166804/stop-telling-me-to-look-at-what-i-unlocked-when-its-nothing

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1396238#Comment_1396238

    Both of those are intentional to make you buy the premium battlepass. You are supposed to get frustrated with the free version to get you to spend money. Your suggestions are good but they will never be implemented because that would make the system less scummy and the system being scummy is the point.

    I know that, it's completely transparent. Either way I just came back from a 6 month break so there's no way I'll get enough tiers to be worthwhile regardless.

  • Why do we even need to pay for this when we pay for all the DLC, the basegame and cosmetics as it is anyway?

  • @Zephinism said:

    Why do we even need to pay for this when we pay for all the DLC, the basegame and cosmetics as it is anyway?

    Because chapters and cosmetics can't exploit FOMO to drain more money out of you.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1396324#Comment_1396324

    Because chapters and cosmetics can't exploit FOMO to drain more money out of you.

    Bonus: The latest battlepass has Hag hair that goes with the green Chemosynthesis (or something like that) set from the previous battlepass. Didn't get the body and weapon? Too bad, enjoy your ugly hair that doesn't go with anything. Same situation if you didn't get both body and weapon, if you have only one without the other it is completely worthless as using only one of them will look extremely ugly and there is nothing you could substitute the missing item with.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    I'm not buying the battle pass, so it would be really nice if every time it levels up I didn't get a big popup blocking quick chatting in the post game saying "TIER UNLOCKED, SEE WHAT YOU GOT" when I got nothing, it's an empty tier.

    Add an ignore option, or better yet, just don't pretend you're being subtle when you're nagging me with "LOOK WHAT YOU'RE MISSING OUT ON."

    Thank you!!!!

    I keep meaning to bring this up but totally forget by the time i'm done playing. It is so damn annoying, claim your rewards when there is quite literally nothing to claim!

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1396336#Comment_1396336

    Bonus: The latest battlepass has Hag hair that goes with the green Chemosynthesis (or something like that) set from the previous battlepass. Didn't get the body and weapon? Too bad, enjoy your ugly hair that doesn't go with anything. Same situation if you didn't get both body and weapon, if you have only one without the other it is completely worthless as using only one of them will look extremely ugly and there is nothing you could substitute the missing item with.

    Didnt notice that, its a masterful move.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/166804/stop-telling-me-to-look-at-what-i-unlocked-when-its-nothing

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1396238#Comment_1396238

    Both of those are intentional to make you buy the premium battlepass. You are supposed to get frustrated with the free version to get you to spend money. Your suggestions are good but they will never be implemented because that would make the system less scummy and the system being scummy is the point.

    Yes, but its not F2P game. I paid for my copy of this game, and bunch of DLCs on top of that, ######### more do they want? Im also frustrated by this crappy F2P designe. :/ Endless grind, "Store" with seriusly outrageous prices (some of those skins are more expensive than DLC, and bunch of them are just lazy and effortless colour change), three freaking currencies to spend and begging for more $$$ on every step with crappy battlepass (with nothing in it, seriously, there is nothing in it, nothing worth even 2,5€, not mention they want more. Not only that, after you spend hard earned money, you still have play 20h to unlock this.

    Jesus, devs those days. I mean seriusly, cant they just make game anymore? And DLC to support gameplay? They need to fuk people, who give them money on start?

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    I just wish the devs would add in something small like 10 iri shards per unused slot on the free track.

    It won't even give that many iri shards even if all slots gave 10 iri shards but it will be something other then empty spaces.

    You would feel like you're missing out on less if you get something in every tier of the free track, so they keep as many gaps as they can get away with to keep trying to persuade you to buy it. Same with the message in the Endgame screen. It's like "hey you see all those shinies on the bottom row? Bet you'd like to get something everytime you tier up, right?"

  • Wait you don't enjoy your top class air they lovingly put in those tiers?

  • +1

    That popup is so incredibly annoying.

  • They want you to look at the rift everytime so that you change your mind and buy it. Dirty tactics.