The main issue with "countering" No ED
If Survivors make cleansing totems a priority, then the easier more predictable ones get cleansed and No ED spawns on one of the hardest totems guaranteed.
So on a map like Hawkins or Lerys, its more optimal to avoid totems like the plague to increase your chances of getting a mediocre spawn instead of guaranteeing yourself a legendary one.
Comments
I'm sorry, but hidden totem spawns are incredibly obvious. Behind obstacles when viewed from generators (or in front of obstacles so they're plainly visible), in a small dead-end, stuff like that.
Totems spawn in a counter clockwise fashion around the map.
Along with if I am remembering correctly a distance minimum between them so once you spotted a totem go in a clockwise or counter clockwise fashion around the map and check each fifth of the map to see if its totem has been found and cleansed.
How can you even tell the difference between clockwise and counter-clockwise spawning?
I'd say only on the latest two maps are the totems that hard to clear, and that's due to better placements we haven't learned yet, but will in time. Until then make use of maps and/or perks to track totems as we all learn.
It doesn't matter ultimately sense going in either should get you to a totem just in a different section.
I know it doesn't matter, that's why I asked how you could be sure that they spawned clockwise and not counter-clockwise, since they should be virtually identical.
And that's why you learn totem spawns. I know them mostly off by heart, with the few exceptions on Midwhich and The Game.
Idk its just from what I have seen/heard is how they spawn.
It could be true it could not be but it doesn't matter ultimately sense its the same thing and its a way of convaying how they are laid out when they spawn in.
They don't really need to counter noed. I personally believe that they need to add a totem counter to help solo players since it's harder to keep track of how many totems have been destroyed.
It would provide incentive for survivors to look for totems when they see only 1 or 2 totems are left.
I dont think a totem counter would be a good thing for solo survivor its great but in a way its a buff to the survivor and they already have more information than the killer
A totem counter would be too helpful for survivors. Much like 99%ing an exit gate, they'll just not pop the last gen til the last totem is found and there goes any chance for NOED. Part of the fun of NOED is it coming out of nowhere, but a counter just, to me, seems like it'd only make it easier than it already is to prevent NOED from activating.
You can literally see all totem spawns with perks or items.
There is no excuse for leaving an untouched totem.
The only issue with countering Noed, is survivors not doing bones.
You have plenty of tools to find and learn where the bones are at. Small Game and Maps are available to everybody, and if you feel fancy you can use Detective's Hunch which is really nice too.
I agree that a counter would be nice. Or at least a counter added to small game.
The thing is people don't want survivors to gen rush. If survivors are actively looking for the last totems then it gives the killer more chance of downing them beforehand. Maybe as a compromise the killer can see the auras of all totems during the trial. That way if they have noed they can protect a particular totem if they want it to become noed.
Personally I just see noed as another reason solo players are encouraged to play swf.
I'd rather they add something else to counter the gen rush than make it easier than it already is to cleanse every totem. As for NOED itself, it's weaker now than it has ever been. It was strong before SWF was added to the game, since it simply activated with no need for a totem. Now it can not even see use. If a solo player sees NOED is up after gens are done, they can still get out. It doesn't encourage SWF, it encourages breaking totems and there's already perks and items to help deal with those.