Why are no Killers left handed?

Statistically, it would make sense for a Killer to use their weapon left handed at this point... so why isn't there one? The animation might be a little different, but functionally the swing and lunge hitboxes of most Killers are the same regardless. Don't see any real reason why no one is left handed

Comments

  • Huntress

    Is that big a of a deal no one is is left handed using their base weapon?

  • Huntress, Clown...

    Typically if you're right handed you throw with your right hand etc.

  • The thought of a killers weapon being on the left side makes me feel weird.

  • Sephiroth for killer?

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    Huntress, Clown...

    Typically if you're right handed you throw with your right hand etc.

    I’m right handed but I’m better at sports with my left.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    Huntress, Clown...

    Typically if you're right handed you throw with your right hand etc.

    I'm weird. I write with my left hand but I need to throw things with my right. I can use a pistol in either hand but I prefer my right. A 2 handed gun such as a shotgun or a rifle I have to use my right side.

  • They would have to make another model so... Probally not gonna happen soon.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1393225#Comment_1393225

    I'm weird. I write with my left hand but I need to throw things with my right. I can use a pistol in either hand but I prefer my right. A 2 handed gun such as a shotgun or a rifle I have to use my right side.

    I write and throw with my left, but I have to use a gun with my right hand/arm because I have lazy eye for my left eye. Anything else with my right hand just feels so... awkward.

  • @Mrjuice said:

    They would have to make another model so... Probally not gonna happen soon.

    TF2 has left handed models which aren't separate models just the same model Mirrored.

    Also one nice touch in TF2 is the primary hand the character uses is based off of(If I am remembering correctly) if your using a right or left handed mouse.

  • I mean, some people have already pointed out: Huntress, Clown. This is just off memory so might be wrong, but I believe Trapper even sets his traps with his left hand.

    Statistically only about 10% of people are left-handed, so if we're going based off that (and assuming that these certain characters are left-dominant) then I'd say statistically we're already about on point.

  • Because there is no need to

  • Does it matter?

  • @Huff said:

    I mean, some people have already pointed out: Huntress, Clown. This is just off memory so might be wrong, but I believe Trapper even sets his traps with his left hand.

    Statistically only about 10% of people are left-handed, so if we're going based off that (and assuming that these certain characters are left-dominant) then I'd say statistically we're already about on point.

    Main Weapon in Right Hand. Secondary Power in Left Hand. Nearly every Killer follows that pattern it's not intentional to show left handedness it's just the way the Devs design Killers. Freddy has his claw on his right hand and his left hand uses his snares (power). Doctor has is bat in his right hand and his shock (power) in his left. Huntress has her main ax in her right hand and her hatchets (power) in her left etc.

    It's kind of like the Developers philosophy until recently with sexuality. They just default everyone to the same thing until people call them out on actually representing diversity. They could easily make a Killer with a left handed main weapon and right handed power, but no one has ever called them out for not doing it


  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1393225#Comment_1393225

    I'm weird. I write with my left hand but I need to throw things with my right. I can use a pistol in either hand but I prefer my right. A 2 handed gun such as a shotgun or a rifle I have to use my right side.

    Lmao I’m the same way. Write with my left, throw / bat / aim / whatever with my right.

  • @EmpireWinner said:

    Huntress

    Is that big a of a deal no one is is left handed using their base weapon?

    As far as I'm concerned it's about as relevant as character orientation. But that's just me.

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1393367#Comment_1393367

    Main Weapon in Right Hand. Secondary Power in Left Hand. Nearly every Killer follows that pattern it's not intentional to show left handedness it's just the way the Devs design Killers. Freddy has his claw on his right hand and his left hand uses his snares (power). Doctor has is bat in his right hand and his shock (power) in his left. Huntress has her main ax in her right hand and her hatchets (power) in her left etc.

    It's kind of like the Developers philosophy until recently with sexuality. They just default everyone to the same thing until people call them out on actually representing diversity. They could easily make a Killer with a left handed main weapon and right handed power, but no one has ever called them out for not doing it

    The way I think of it, I can swing something with either side, but if I try to throw something with only my non dominant hand I'm a lot worse at it. Baseball is an example I'm thinking of where I've found it easier to swing a bat standing in either stance, but trying to throw with my dominant vs. non-dominant hand isn't even a competition. Have you ever tried throwing something accurately with your non-dominant hand? That's all I'm gonna say.

    Also, I don't even want to touch that sexuality topic. That has nothing to do with this thread and I'd kind of like if it stayed that way.

  • @Huff

    My main point is that I'll only consider a Killer left handed if they intentionally break the right handed main weapon, left handed power pattern. Any Killer that follows that pattern is just a copy regardless of what their power actually does.

    There's no way to tell if Killers like Huntress or Clown are left handed because they merely follow the pattern of every other Killer there doesn't seem to be any actual attempt to make them distinct in terms of handedness

  • Bubba is a lefty, but they didn't make a left-handed chainsaw back in '78. This did not deter Bubba. He was damn determined to express his art, and he adapted & overcame. It is what drew the Entity's attention in the first place. Or was it?

  • @Zagrid said:

    The thought of a killers weapon being on the left side makes me feel weird.

    thats probably because you are right handed same can be said by left handed people.

  • There are left handed killers, Huntress and Clown but I think what you mean is that it would be cool if you could switch up the view model so the main weapon is in the left hand. It's just a question of preference and it's not that big of a deal either.