4th Anniversary Event & what's coming

In Partnership with Dead by Daylight, our fellow Fog Whisperers released a trailer of what's going to be coming with the 4th Anniversary. I am aware that some may just want to watch the trailer instead of reading this post, but I felt like being helpful and I wanted to at least make it seem easier for people when the event starts.

What's Coming

This milestone of an event brings so many new things, including an exclusive time-limited game mechanic called 'The Anniversary Crown'. It also includes new cosmetics for two characters, charms and themed objects in the game.

The Anniversary crown

While you're in a trial, tracking down a golden crown and equipping it will give killers AND survivors a golden glow around their torso. If you escape as a survivor or finish the trial as the killer (I'm not particularly sure what it means by 'finish' in terms of kills but we'll just have to see) while the glow is active, you unlock a 'celebratory' golden crown as a cosmetic for any ORIGINAL killer or survivor.

Anniversary cosmetics

As you log into Dead by Daylight during the 4th anniversary event, you will earn two new anniversary themed cosmetics for The Deathslinger and Claudette. I believe they will be unlocked for free but I'm not too sure on that front. (In my opinion they actually look alright).

Release dates:

image.png image.png


New Charms

Free for everyone, the event comes with two new exclusive anniversary charms which are easy to find as they are usually a symbol of a cake to represent Dead by Daylight's birthday. (Pretty cool huh)

Themed Objects

Similarly to last year, some of the objects in game will feature new themed hooks. The hooks will have two balloons floating above them with party flags wrapped around the top. The same goes with generators and lockers, although the lockers won't feature balloons.

New Items and offerings

Everyone will receive a 4th anniversary Med-kit, flashlight and offering in game as you progress through your bloodweb (although most people either already knew this or tried them out in custom matches). The offering grants you 104% bonus bloodpoints. Two features that are really cool are A. the med-kit explodes with confetti once you finish healing someone and B. the flashlight explodes with confetti when you blind the killer.

Conclusion

In my opinion I think this will be the best anniversary event we've ever had in the history of Dead by Daylight. Sure the game is in a bad place right now with all the bugs with certain killers and sound issues, but I hope as a community we can try to forget about the bugs, even for at least one day to celebrate the anniversary event.

I decided to write this out to try and help newer players have a better understanding of the anniversary event, or for those who couldn't be bothered to watch the trailer for whatever reason. I hope this benefits at least some of you as it does for me.




Comments

  • Thank you for the summary. I can't wait!

  • @Elena said:

    In Partnership with Dead by Daylight, our fellow Fog Whisperers released a trailer of what's going to be coming with the 4th Anniversary. I am aware that some may just want to watch the trailer instead of reading this post, but I felt like being helpful and I wanted to at least make it seem easier for people when the event starts.

    What's Coming

    This milestone of an event brings so many new things, including an exclusive time-limited game mechanic called 'The Anniversary Crown'. It also includes new cosmetics for two characters, charms and themed objects in the game.

    The Anniversary crown

    While you're in a trial, tracking down a golden crown and equipping it will give killers AND survivors a golden glow around their torso. If you escape as a survivor or finish the trial as the killer (I'm not particularly sure what it means by 'finish' in terms of kills but we'll just have to see) while the glow is active, you unlock a 'celebratory' golden crown as a cosmetic for any ORIGINAL killer or survivor.

    Anniversary cosmetics

    As you log into Dead by Daylight during the 4th anniversary event, you will earn two new anniversary themed cosmetics for The Deathslinger and Claudette. I believe they will be unlocked for free but I'm not too sure on that front. (In my opinion they actually look alright).

    New Charms

    Free for everyone, the event comes with two new exclusive anniversary charms which are easy to find as they are usually a symbol of a cake to represent Dead by Daylight's birthday. (Pretty cool huh)

    Themed Objects

    Similarly to last year, some of the objects in game will feature new themed hooks. The hooks will have two balloons floating above them with party flags wrapped around the top. The same goes with generators and lockers, although the lockers won't feature balloons.

    New Items and offerings

    Everyone will receive a 4th anniversary Med-kit, flashlight and offering in game as you progress through your bloodweb (although most people either already knew this or tried them out in custom matches). The offering grants you 104% bonus bloodpoints. Two features that are really cool are A. the med-kit explodes with confetti once you finish healing someone and B. the flashlight explodes with confetti when you blind the killer.

    Conclusion

    In my opinion I think this will be the best anniversary event we've ever had in the history of Dead by Daylight. Sure the game is in a bad place right now with all the bugs with certain killers and sound issues, but I hope as a community we can try to forget about the bugs, even for at least one day to celebrate the anniversary event.

    I decided to write this out to try and help newer players have a better understanding of the anniversary event, or for those who couldn't be bothered to watch the trailer for whatever reason. I hope this benefits at least some of you as it does for me.



    You are the hero/heroine for today, since my internet is being trash right now I had no idea what was going on

  • @Elena said:

    In Partnership with Dead by Daylight, our fellow Fog Whisperers released a trailer of what's going to be coming with the 4th Anniversary. I am aware that some may just want to watch the trailer instead of reading this post, but I felt like being helpful and I wanted to at least make it seem easier for people when the event starts.

    What's Coming

    This milestone of an event brings so many new things, including an exclusive time-limited game mechanic called 'The Anniversary Crown'. It also includes new cosmetics for two characters, charms and themed objects in the game.

    The Anniversary crown

    While you're in a trial, tracking down a golden crown and equipping it will give killers AND survivors a golden glow around their torso. If you escape as a survivor or finish the trial as the killer (I'm not particularly sure what it means by 'finish' in terms of kills but we'll just have to see) while the glow is active, you unlock a 'celebratory' golden crown as a cosmetic for any ORIGINAL killer or survivor.

    Anniversary cosmetics

    As you log into Dead by Daylight during the 4th anniversary event, you will earn two new anniversary themed cosmetics for The Deathslinger and Claudette. I believe they will be unlocked for free but I'm not too sure on that front. (In my opinion they actually look alright).

    New Charms

    Free for everyone, the event comes with two new exclusive anniversary charms which are easy to find as they are usually a symbol of a cake to represent Dead by Daylight's birthday. (Pretty cool huh)

    Themed Objects

    Similarly to last year, some of the objects in game will feature new themed hooks. The hooks will have two balloons floating above them with party flags wrapped around the top. The same goes with generators and lockers, although the lockers won't feature balloons.

    New Items and offerings

    Everyone will receive a 4th anniversary Med-kit, flashlight and offering in game as you progress through your bloodweb (although most people either already knew this or tried them out in custom matches). The offering grants you 104% bonus bloodpoints. Two features that are really cool are A. the med-kit explodes with confetti once you finish healing someone and B. the flashlight explodes with confetti when you blind the killer.

    Conclusion

    In my opinion I think this will be the best anniversary event we've ever had in the history of Dead by Daylight. Sure the game is in a bad place right now with all the bugs with certain killers and sound issues, but I hope as a community we can try to forget about the bugs, even for at least one day to celebrate the anniversary event.

    I decided to write this out to try and help newer players have a better understanding of the anniversary event, or for those who couldn't be bothered to watch the trailer for whatever reason. I hope this benefits at least some of you as it does for me.



    I just logged in, didn’t get the cosmetics😭

  • Still light years behind other games in terms of events but oh well...

  • when you finish a game with the crown thing as a killer does it unlock for all original killers or do you have to do them one by one

  • @metalklok said:

    when you finish a game with the crown thing as a killer does it unlock for all original killers or do you have to do them one by one

    Probably one by one.

  • It is not possible to obtain the Claudette and Deathslinger skins at the moment, I think it's a bug but I'm not sure.

  • Lol they started the event without saying #########

    Devs are crazy ahahah

  • you know what would have been much better? Double blood points

  • Could you post a screenshot with it equipped please?

  • OP, I don't mean to be a downer, but the first year anniversary was the best. Although I'm enjoying this one, it also feels kinda "empty", from a gameplay standpoint.

  • @Orion said:

    OP, I don't mean to be a downer, but the first year anniversary was the best. Although I'm enjoying this one, it also feels kinda "empty", from a gameplay standpoint.

    Of course, I should've mentioned that this event being 'the best' was subjective because others may think differently.

  • By "original killer," are you meaning the non-licensed ones or only that Trapper, Hillbilly, and Wraith get it?

  • @Khroalthemadbomber said:

    By "original killer," are you meaning the non-licensed ones or only that Trapper, Hillbilly, and Wraith get it?

    original killers and survivors, meaning yes the non licensed ones

  • @metalklok said:

    when you finish a game with the crown thing as a killer does it unlock for all original killers or do you have to do them one by one

    One by one. I have it on Trapper and Wraith now.

  • @Khroalthemadbomber said:

    By "original killer," are you meaning the non-licensed ones or only that Trapper, Hillbilly, and Wraith get it?

    The original ones they made. Not the licensed ones like Myers and PH.

  • That's what I thought but felt the need to double check

  • I'm actually really happy!

    I like it more than my own birthday.

    Love this game and love this community the entity bless you all.

    Happy anniversary!

  • @Elena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1378690#Comment_1378690

    It is not possible to obtain the Claudette and Deathslinger skins at the moment, I think it's a bug but I'm not sure.

    OHHHH okay, tyy

  • Now that you replied, look back on my original post and you'll find all the information you need regarding the Claudette and Deathslinger skins.

  • @Elena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1383408#Comment_1383408

    Now that you replied, look back on my original post and you'll find all the information you need regarding the Claudette and Deathslinger skins.

    Even better!! Thank you!!

  • Do we still get the items 2 months down the road even though I haven't logged in for the past 3 weeks?

  • @Swiftblade131 said:

    Do we still get the items 2 months down the road even though I haven't logged in for the past 3 weeks?

    If you own the characters then yes

  • @StardustSpeedway said:

    Thank you for the summary. I can't wait!

    Are you guys getting bps for all players I only get bps for me not other players and I'm talking about the 4th year anniversary piece of cake and whole cake offerings

  • @slimjim75492 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1378495#Comment_1378495

    Are you guys getting bps for all players I only get bps for me not other players and I'm talking about the 4th year anniversary piece of cake and whole cake offerings

    The 4 year anniversary cake offerings are bugged. They only apply to the person who burns it and gives them a 140% boost. I'd suggest you don't waste any of them right now until they fix it.

  • @StardustSpeedway said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1385154#Comment_1385154

    The 4 year anniversary cake offerings are bugged. They only apply to the person who burns it and gives them a 140% boost. I'd suggest you don't waste any of them right now until they fix it.

    people still using them tho. saving my.