When will BHVR fix gen speed?

Just got a game when the first gen got done in literally 10 seconds and the second one in 40 seconds, it wasn't even possible since half of then where with me. I DCed in the same time cuz holy ######### bhvr, I won't play this game for a while now, it's impressive, every update is a new ######### to deal with

Comments

  • @Zoophage said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1377335#Comment_1377335

    No, but it's funny you ask that. My parents always pushed for me to become a professor; I guess I still could but it would be in Biology or Biochemistry.

    Damn! I'm on PS4 or I'd add you.

    Are you on school or college right now?

  • I've finished college... for now but I do want to eventually get a PhD in stable isotope analysis (or five other things, there's too many choices in academia)

  • @Zoophage said:

    I've finished college... for now but I do want to eventually get a PhD in stable isotope analysis (or five other things, there's too many choices in academia)

    Good luck, I am still on school, and my dream job is work with astronomy, literally sit on a chair and observe a monitor, incredible

  • Nice! Go get it, man! Well, with a little luck and crossplay enabled in the near future (right, BHVR?) I'll see you in the fog, my friend.

  • @Zoophage said:

    Nice! Go get it, man! Well, with a little luck and crossplay enabled in the near future (right, BHVR?) I'll see you in the fog, my friend.

    If you see someone with this nickname you will know that it is me: Baby Dweet uwu

  • @Zoophage said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1376777#Comment_1376777

    Not sure why it's taking so long to post. I'll redo it.

    I don't know what the Survivors were using in terms of perks (Prove Thyself? Streetwise? Spine Chill), or if the other Survivor (#2) on the gen had any items/add-ons. Without that information we're guestimating something like this:

    Survivor #1 = Engineer's Toolbox (16c @2.0c/c), BNP, Wire Spool (+12 charges @ 2.0c/s)

    Survivor #2 = Nothing

    1 generator = 80 charges = 80s @ 1c/s

    2 Survivors incur a 15% repair penalty, so instead of fixing the gen @ the rate of 1c/s it will be 0.85c/s for EACH of the Survivors = 1.7c/s total combined efficiency (w/o items, perks)

    80/1.7= 47.05s repair time for 2 survivors

    This is where it gets a little tricky (I'm no math whiz, believe me) - I don't know how BHVR decided to write the expression for Brand New Part (BNP). I'm just going to say it repairs 15%, or 80*/0.15 = 12c, in the given time; otherwise it would have significantly less of an impact on a gen that wasn't at 0c (if it can even be used like that; I don't know). It repairs up to 15% (if player hits both skill checks) of the gen in 5 seconds, at a rate of 12c/5s = 2.4c/s.

    Both survivors get to the gen and start working on it at the same exact time. In 5s the gen will be at 12c from player 1's BNP in addition to player 2's contribution of 0.85*5 = 4.25c, for a total of 16.25c or ~20.31%.

    Again, I don't use these items so I'm going to assume that BNP doesn't use up any charges of the Toolbox while it is being used; if in fact it does, the end variable, time, will be slightly different. Does the -15% even effect the Toolbox or BNP? Again, lots of guestimating:

    Generator is currently at 16.25c/80c, or ~20.31% complete. The Survivors continue to work on the gen together at a rate of 0.85*(2.0c/s + 1.0c/s) for the next 25s, while his Engineer's Toolbox is in effect. In 25s @ 0.85*(2.0c/s + 1.0c/s) = 63.75c the repair is compete, and Survivor #1 walks away with 3c remaining in his item.

    16.25c + 63.75c = 80c, or 100% in 30s for maximum efficiency, in terms of time and given our initial constraints (no perks, no items on Survivor #2, not hitting any great skill-checks, etc). If one of the Survivors had Prove Thyself equipped this would shave a few more seconds off the time required; just like both players consistently hitting great skill-checks. In light of this, his estimate of ~20s doesn't seem so absurd.

    As someone who is bored and can't sleep I just crunched the numbers excluding any potential random skill checks for a worst case scenario for a killer perspective (may have missed a perk that has a hidden benefit) If both survivors run Streetwise (-75% item consumption twice ~56%) and Prove Thyself (I have them with Spine Chill for a potential final squeeze and Sprint Burst to reduce travel time between generators) and Engineers Toolbox+BNP+Socket Swivels

    First gen can be done as quick as 13.9 seconds

    Second gen can be completed in 17.8 seconds

    Even accounting for movement between gens 2 survivors could easily do 2 gens within 40 seconds allowing for up to 39.25 meters of running to gens. If you don't get to the first gen on the side the survivors left in 24 seconds (quite likely for a killer who knew the other 2 spawned near them) then you won't see scratch marks and they could be on the opposite side of the map by now.

    From my limited experience of killer perks the best way to play around this would need corrupt intervention and discordance with potentially an irritated franklins to hurt the gen rush toolboxers if you get a hit on them before they finish the second gen


    What could be worse is if it's a 4 man with all running this build you go to near the first gens location the other 2 then start the same process the other side, could potentially be 4 gens within the first minute!!! Take into account the number of loops on

    Saying 10 seconds is actually such a small exaggeration that it is well within the realms of approximation appropriate for a post on a forum for a game.

    Also if I read right that it was Azarov's then there are enough locations and more importantly safe-ish pallets and windows a survivor could loop you on in those areas. In a purely theoretical standpoint even without random skill checks the survivors could finish the 5th generator within 2 minutes. I emphasize this is entirely a theoretical worst case scenario and although the ways to counter it may be tough and it may turn out to be an impossible task for most killers, this speed does require a bit of misplay from the killer. Or just a chunk of bad luck.

  • No but they'll nerf ruin again. Best end-game perk in the game.

  • Gen speeds are fine. The giant maps are the problem. Red Forest can burn.

  • @MagicMiq said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1377323#Comment_1377323

    As someone who is bored and can't sleep I just crunched the numbers excluding any potential random skill checks for a worst case scenario for a killer perspective (may have missed a perk that has a hidden benefit) If both survivors run Streetwise (-75% item consumption twice ~56%) and Prove Thyself (I have them with Spine Chill for a potential final squeeze and Sprint Burst to reduce travel time between generators) and Engineers Toolbox+BNP+Socket Swivels

    First gen can be done as quick as 13.9 seconds

    Second gen can be completed in 17.8 seconds

    Even accounting for movement between gens 2 survivors could easily do 2 gens within 40 seconds allowing for up to 39.25 meters of running to gens. If you don't get to the first gen on the side the survivors left in 24 seconds (quite likely for a killer who knew the other 2 spawned near them) then you won't see scratch marks and they could be on the opposite side of the map by now.

    From my limited experience of killer perks the best way to play around this would need corrupt intervention and discordance with potentially an irritated franklins to hurt the gen rush toolboxers if you get a hit on them before they finish the second gen

    What could be worse is if it's a 4 man with all running this build you go to near the first gens location the other 2 then start the same process the other side, could potentially be 4 gens within the first minute!!! Take into account the number of loops on

    Saying 10 seconds is actually such a small exaggeration that it is well within the realms of approximation appropriate for a post on a forum for a game.

    Also if I read right that it was Azarov's then there are enough locations and more importantly safe-ish pallets and windows a survivor could loop you on in those areas. In a purely theoretical standpoint even without random skill checks the survivors could finish the 5th generator within 2 minutes. I emphasize this is entirely a theoretical worst case scenario and although the ways to counter it may be tough and it may turn out to be an impossible task for most killers, this speed does require a bit of misplay from the killer. Or just a chunk of bad luck.

    Very interesting! I love the maths. Like you said, it's theoretically possible but very, very rare to see in-game. I find it interesting that people running these "gen rush" builds never talk about Streetwise; true, the value you get out of it diminishes with each occurrence but I still think it has the potential to be a pretty decent perk -- most notably in the hands of well coordinated 4-man SWF. Which may actually mean it's in a good place right now, "balanced" one might say. A little buff to the perk may just tip it over the edge, who knows. Thanks for sharing!

  • @MagicMiq said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1377323#Comment_1377323

    As someone who is bored and can't sleep I just crunched the numbers excluding any potential random skill checks for a worst case scenario for a killer perspective (may have missed a perk that has a hidden benefit) If both survivors run Streetwise (-75% item consumption twice ~56%) and Prove Thyself (I have them with Spine Chill for a potential final squeeze and Sprint Burst to reduce travel time between generators) and Engineers Toolbox+BNP+Socket Swivels

    First gen can be done as quick as 13.9 seconds

    Second gen can be completed in 17.8 seconds

    Even accounting for movement between gens 2 survivors could easily do 2 gens within 40 seconds allowing for up to 39.25 meters of running to gens. If you don't get to the first gen on the side the survivors left in 24 seconds (quite likely for a killer who knew the other 2 spawned near them) then you won't see scratch marks and they could be on the opposite side of the map by now.

    From my limited experience of killer perks the best way to play around this would need corrupt intervention and discordance with potentially an irritated franklins to hurt the gen rush toolboxers if you get a hit on them before they finish the second gen

    What could be worse is if it's a 4 man with all running this build you go to near the first gens location the other 2 then start the same process the other side, could potentially be 4 gens within the first minute!!! Take into account the number of loops on

    Saying 10 seconds is actually such a small exaggeration that it is well within the realms of approximation appropriate for a post on a forum for a game.

    Also if I read right that it was Azarov's then there are enough locations and more importantly safe-ish pallets and windows a survivor could loop you on in those areas. In a purely theoretical standpoint even without random skill checks the survivors could finish the 5th generator within 2 minutes. I emphasize this is entirely a theoretical worst case scenario and although the ways to counter it may be tough and it may turn out to be an impossible task for most killers, this speed does require a bit of misplay from the killer. Or just a chunk of bad luck.

    I suppose the perk Resilience would have a fairly significant effect on these times as well. Of course that assumes that one or both players are injured or running MoM. Hmm...

  • If u cant handle killer dont play it lol xD

  • Why nerf gen speeds? Granted there are killers who struggle to put pressure across the map but what about high pressure killers?

    Nurse, Hillbilly, Oni, Spirit are already very oppressive in the right hands. nerfing gen speeds in any way is only going to make them more powerful.

    Also have you played Solo survivor? There are games where my whole team barely does 2 gens and everyone is pretty much on last hook, even against M1 Killers. This is in red ranks btw.

    I dread to think about this early game mechanic. It’s either going to nerf Solo survivors or it’s going to end up making the oppressive killers even more powerful.

  • Well, we've seen 17 sec as the record so far.

  • @Azeroth said:

    If u cant handle killer dont play it lol xD

    Any other killer tip?

  • A idea i had was to have a grace system implemented. The moment a generator is completed, the entity blocks all other generators for 1 minute but in doing this, it stops all regressing generators and the killer can not damage any generators.


    This way the game is forced to be slower and it doesn't hurt stuff that already exists and stops 2 generators from being popped at once.

    As for the survivors, well they have one entire minute with which they can focus on anything else without worrying about gens. Cleans a totem, heal your friend or just hide.

  • @CrusaderNella said:

    A idea i had was to have a grace system implemented. The moment a generator is completed, the entity blocks all other generators for 1 minute but in doing this, it stops all regressing generators and the killer can not damage any generators.

    This way the game is forced to be slower and it doesn't hurt stuff that already exists and stops 2 generators from being popped at once.

    As for the survivors, well they have one entire minute with which they can focus on anything else without worrying about gens. Cleans a totem, heal your friend or just hide.

    It won't to effective especially if you are playing as trapper, cuz they will just try to find your traps

  • its a bit difficult have fun with toxic people

  • You guys think it's possible the survivors could load into the map before the killer? I was wondering that. Sometimes I load in as survivor,and see a survivor or two that aren't moving yet. I mean they could easily just be doing something else when the match starts and it takes them a few seconds to realize. It just happens pretty often. So I was wondering if the survivor could possibly load in first and already have a few seconds on the gen before you gain control of your killer.

1 2 ›