Should devs take a pause from pumping out new content?
I believe that, if for even only a chapter, the devs should take a break on creating new, game-breaking content and work on what they have right now to deal with. (Bugs and such)
But of course, people come back to this with "what'll happen to the artists?"
Here's what I think should happen, although I am no dev, it's just a suggestion:
- Have whichever part of the team programs work on fixing the current state of the game itself. Bugs, mechanics, balancing, etc.
- Have whichever part of the team creates audio/soundtracks work on new sounds for existing things, such as possible new soundtracks to play during different scenarios.
- Have whichever part of the team creates art help with new map reworks/assets and/or work on new cosmetics that won't require much effort to implement from other teams.
- And any other part of the team, if not required to do anything, should take the time to learn about their own game and play it to experience it and give more feedback on what should be done.
Now I know I'm very likely to be forgetting a bunch of parts to the team, I think these could all be a fantastic way to revamp the game while not letting it get boring.
I think that taking more time to focus on game health is a HUGELY needed effort.
What do you guys think should happen?
Comments
they should but they really like money and know we’ll keep buying the new dlc and playing their game not matter how buggy it is
Very simple, stop to buy dlc and sooner or later they will wonder what they should do.
Everyone but the cosmetic/art team should focus on bugs and qol changes for a chapter. Yes.
Yes, sadly. But that's why I recommend that the art team continues to produce cosmetics to buy. Cosmetics, oddly, cost more than chapters at times and also seem like they would need less programming involved.
I wish they would slow down a bit and start to release DLC every four months instead of every three. Give the devs some more time to balance things, iron out bugs, etc. The pace they release new content is too fast and it’s only compounding the game’s biggest problems (balance, grind, bugs).
As a Nurse main god yes.
I'd even be ok with like slowing down and releasing a new killer every 5~ months instead and focusing way more on bugs. I don't think anyone would complain about a mid-chapter patch being nothing but extensive bug fixes.
Yes, true, but I mean they also still have to make a living so I should think they could be working on something.
Exactly.
I hate how companies can only ever see the short term and ignore all the cost saving and practical solutions that would be soooooo much better in the long term.
They definetly should. They won't because from what I've seen for the past 4 years, BHVR isn't the best at long term investments, but hey we can all dream ...
Honestly you're right. They should take an Operation Health approach from R6: Siege and fix/ improve the bones of the game and engine. It would do a whole world of good.
But I believe that's what the engine update will (hopefully) address.
Feel you.
Try searching the forums. People have been asking for an Operation Health for years. Not gonna happen.
Yes, they should slow down with content and maintain what they already have, for a lot of reasons:
Lets start with the obvious ones:
Now with the less obvious and more subjective:
Having the art team churning out cosmetics is a good idea and probably the rift also gives them money, maybe they could try to capitalize on those 2 features and put most of the workforce on maintenance mode, it would greatly help the game.
They really should but i don't see that happening, they know that even if the game is totally broken and ridden with bugs, people will still buy cosmetics and giving them money, perpetuating BHVR incompetence.
Yeah good luck to you and the other 7 guys that dont buy DLC. That ######### has never worked and you know it.
My point exactly. I think that making cosmetics should be a much less requiring task of the team that could be used to debug the game. This would allow the team to still have an income for cosmetics and such, all the while allowing their other teams to focus on more critical points in the game. Also, it would keep the artists in work I should hope.
Thats why i said everyone but the cosmetic and art team. Those teams could keep putting out content to keep revenue going and the rift filled
They really should but they won't unfortunately.
They already took a pause for a whole year to fix dedicated servers and it's still... Unreliable. Imagine how much time it would take for all the stuff you mentionned.
That's not up to devs. This is fault of higher ups setting their financial projections.
So I should spend money on something that will be so broken in couple of months that it is barely useful. Yes a very wise decision. You do you, shove it down their throats but i don't.
Oh and that "#########" as you called it, worked very well if you look up the likes of StarWars Battlefront 2. Odd.
Not saying that, you are free not to spend money on content you dont like, just that doing it to "boycott" BHVR will have literally no effect.
I haven't purchased ######### for this very reason.
Sure if it is only me but when lots of people do it, it has an effect. Some answers suggest i am not alone doing it.
I'm 8tth 😏