Technician (sort of) Rework

Technician

You do not make noise while repairing generators

Failed skillchecks to not trigger a generator explosion or pause repair progress

When you start to repair a regressing generator it will continue to appear regressing for 10/15/20 seconds

Other Survivors within 4 meters will gain these effects as well

Comments

  • Thats not so much as a rework and just a straight buff. You enhanced the numbers on what it currently does and gave it further positive effects.

  • @LordGlint said:

    Thats not so much as a rework and just a straight buff. You enhanced the numbers on what it currently does and gave it further positive effects.

    I mean, if this was a thing and became popular, surveillance would become a new meta perk. And honestly I'm all here for it.

  • @LordGlint said:

    Thats not so much as a rework and just a straight buff. You enhanced the numbers on what it currently does and gave it further positive effects.

    Hence the (sort of).

    I'm only calling it a "rework" of any kind since the regression aspect and it effecting other Survivors changes it's function a bit. But yes this is an objectively better version of the perk.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1352237#Comment_1352237

    I mean, if this was a thing and became popular, surveillance would become a new meta perk. And honestly I'm all here for it.

    Yeah right? Surveillance would hard counter a lot of what this perk does. But I'm alright with that.

  • I've found that if you take a ######### perk and turn it's effect up to 11 the result is a pretty good or at least usable perk.

  • I personally think it should stay as a lone wolf perk only affect the person using it that's the one thing I really like about it but that's me.

    I don't think every survivor perk has to have a universal effect on the survivors around you

  • Honestly it should just be the Quick & Quiet of generators.

    While repairing a generator all noises from the generator and their hearing distance is reduced by 6 meters.

    On a failed repair skill check prevent the generator explosion.

    This effect can only be triggered once every 20/15/10 seconds.

    At worst it gives new players consistent suppression when learning Skill Checks instead of a horrible coin flip.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1352237#Comment_1352237

    I mean, if this was a thing and became popular, surveillance would become a new meta perk. And honestly I'm all here for it.

    Surveillance already counters what technician does. Technician makes the sounds quieter while surveillance makes it louder. If theyre both in play they cancel each other out.

  • The perk was alright for new players dealing with old ruin. Before they learned how to hit great skill checks. Now that ruin is garbage, technician lost some of it's value.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    The perk was alright for new players dealing with old ruin. Before they learned how to hit great skill checks. Now that ruin is garbage, technician lost some of it's value.

    Hence this buff

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1352240#Comment_1352240

    Surveillance already counters what technician does. Technician makes the sounds quieter while surveillance makes it louder. If theyre both in play they cancel each other out.

    Yeah, but if this effect came through Technician would arguably be one of the best survivor perks in the game in terms of stealth, and surveillance would therefore be the best perk to counter this.

    I hope it goes through so surveillance meta can finally exist :)

  • Technician is a perk in serious need of a buff.

    but I guess since it is a Min perk it really should not affect other survivors.

    i like the fake regression after starting to repairing, would you need to repair it for the whole duration or would gen tapping be included? Also is surveillance even affected by this? Could be cool interaction between those two perks either way

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1352349#Comment_1352349

    Yeah, but if this effect came through Technician would arguably be one of the best survivor perks in the game in terms of stealth, and surveillance would therefore be the best perk to counter this.

    I hope it goes through so surveillance meta can finally exist :)

    I feel like its abit much. To not be able to tell that the gen has been worked on by even looking at is would make surveillance REQUIRED to be able to tell the difference. That's like if you HAD to use small game to find totems because they were invisible otherwise.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1352966#Comment_1352966

    I feel like its abit much. To not be able to tell that the gen has been worked on by even looking at is would make surveillance REQUIRED to be able to tell the difference. That's like if you HAD to use small game to find totems because they were invisible otherwise.

    To be honest, it would be an interesting killer perk to make totem (somewhat) invisible. Of course not totally, but maybe a little transparent/not visible from far away/only visible when in center of survivor POV.

    the regression appearance as OP described it would be timed, it’s not like it won’t ever be visible. Maybe the numbers are a little bit high considering how fast a (already worked on) gen can be repaired.

  • Now survivors can do the M1 Pause strat on gens and do them completely afk for 80 seconds.

    Missing skillchecks - no problem. There's no penalty, no sound, nothing. It's just the straight up 80 seconds and gen is done.

    Imagine wanting a perk so you can do gens all game in peace. Sad. Where's the fun?

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    The perk was alright for new players dealing with old ruin. Before they learned how to hit great skill checks. Now that ruin is garbage, technician lost some of it's value.

    Ruin is amazing now lol.

  • I can't tell if your being sarcastic. Encase your serious, ruin now is only good if your a speedy killer that can constantly chase people off the gens. Compared to what it was it does nothing to slow gens down now.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/160994/technician-sort-of-rework

    Am I missing something here?

    This seems like the perk 100% ensures there is no drawback to equipping the perk.

    • Killer can’t use ANY sound cue that survivors are actively on a gen.
    • No penalty whatsoever for failing skill checks. Can just spam that button, no worries, because there won’t be any regression.
    • Effect extended to all other survivors on the gen.
    • And I’m guessing your last addition is to completely nullify Surveillance?

    Isn’t this all just a bit too much?

    Or am I misunderstanding your proposal?

    You are missing something

    The perk doesn't remove failed skill check regression. Just the pause and the explosion. You still lose 10% gen progress.

    Surveillance also hard counters this rather than the other way around. The generator just looks like it isn't regressing, it isn't actually regressing and any perk that cares about that sort of thing will act accordingly.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1353214#Comment_1353214

    I can't tell if your being sarcastic. Encase your serious, ruin now is only good if your a speedy killer that can constantly chase people off the gens. Compared to what it was it does nothing to slow gens down now.

    Ruin is amazing for me at least. It's a very good perk. If you think it's bad, you should try using it and you'll feel a huge difference.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1353452#Comment_1353452

    I think an unconditional 100% guarantee there will never be a notification for the killer on failed gen skill checks is a bit too much.

    Perhaps if tokens can be earned like Stake Out, and expended upon failing a skill check?

    It's an effect that can be completely gained without any perks at all by just not missing skill checks. Something that isn't particularly hard.

    A big part of why I didn't try to replace the effect entirely is that by giving the effect to Survivors around you as well you wouldn't need to worry as much about a newer Survivor working with you giving you away to the Killer and forcing you to run.

    A token system with that wouldn't work since it's not just YOUR failed skill checks being avoided.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1353237#Comment_1353237

    Ruin is amazing for me at least. It's a very good perk. If you think it's bad, you should try using it and you'll feel a huge difference.

    Ive used it with surveillance but id much rather take pop or corrupt intervention. It only works if you can push them off the gens. Certain killers are better at that than others.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1353489#Comment_1353489

    Ive used it with surveillance but id much rather take pop or corrupt intervention. It only works if you can push them off the gens. Certain killers are better at that than others.

    Well, I do main most the fast killers tbf.