Please anyone tell me what's "FUN" with DBD

Back in the day when I actually first got introduced into DBD everything was just better. For one games didn't go nearly as fast as they do now. I mean of course they did their objective but still you felt like you had a winning chance. Now it's just a joke everyone runs DS,Self-care,Unbreakable, Dead hard etc. After a while of playing killer after like a month break I'm ready to already stop playing. I love finding survivors and chasing but once the chase goes just to pallet to pallet then, I switch targets then rinse and repeat. That's not fun at all. Then this community is toxic as hell. If you win your a slugging camping POS. If you lose git-GUd and all the other names in the book. SWF is a whole other Discussion. I run perks I want to play and wouldn't say I play sweaty even don't tunnel or camp. Just Ding DING DING then there at the exit gates bagging.


Survivor is just also as bad. One match you get the same Top-tier killer with one shot's like Oni,Billy. Then there's the Freddy clan which was like 4 games. Then the Spirit's. Not very much variety and most of them just tunnel you off first hook. Then if you have potato teammates who urban evade into the corner while your on hook makes you want to scream. It's amazing honestly when you play killer and get such coordinated teams with a few mistakes then potato teams that don't do anything.


Can I get some advice on how to make it more fun? Any advice is welcomed just don't be mean please.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • DBD was """better""" before because it was a new game and no one knew how to play it "optimally". Its obvious that with time the game will just get boring to you, if its the case just just take a break and come back later.

  • If your not having fun take a break, thats what i did

  • @Todgeweiht said:

    DBD was """better""" before because it was a new game and no one knew how to play it "optimally". Its obvious that with time the game will just get boring to you, if its the case just just take a break and come back later.

    @Respectfulnancymain said:

    If your not having fun take a break, thats what i did

    Thanks for the replies I already took a month break. Guess I'm off to find another game for the time being. Thanks

  • The fun part about the game for me is survivor-killer interaction, be it through chases, mindgames, getting scared by James or Mikey, or getting that wonderful Head On stun. There's also chasing a survivor, the thrill of finally killing that one person who's just been out of your grasp all match, or of outplaying someone at a loop- basically what makes the game fun for me is interaction and giving everyone a chance to play as best as they can.

    If that isn't fun for you, experement. Try out new things, find something you enjoy, and stick to it. Don't like anything someone says or does in-game change what's fun.

  • All the mindgames where you just stand still and a survivor runs into you.

    Boy that's entertaining.

  • For me its fun seeing different perks and combos then Just the "meta" build

    my favorite fun build for Killers are totem builds. My totems my pretty totems!

    I also have fun mori'en people and this way I can enjoy it with a devourer hope.

    I also have fun playing clown because boy when he hits a survivor that laugh is legendary

  • I have fun screwing around.

    Know how many times I've chased one uninjured survivor around a loop for 5 gens because they don't want to take a single hit? A lot more than I should have. It's quite funny. To me, anyway. The survivor did nothing except hop over one pallet for somewhere between 5 and 10 minutes, but since they chose to do it I assume they enjoyed it. Last gen pops, I walk away and open the door, because it was never about downing them: it's just about screwing around. Then I go look for the hatch, ignoring whatever it is the survivors may be doing when they go to the exit gates.

    As survivor, I'll just run whatever perks and see what I can do with them.

    Just 'cause the game wants you to play a certain way doesn't mean you have to. DbD is very open-ended, you can play how you want. A lot of killers have fun protecting the basement chest. Unfortunately, if you want to win by DbD's standards, you'll probably have a terrible time, because just like you've seen: as killer you get the super-coordinated survivors and as solo survivor you get potato teammates. Bugs and problems with dedicated servers only make it worse.

    As for the toxic crap: I'm on PS4 and I turned off friend requests and messages. The silence is glorious. On PC you can close the chat box and it'll stay closed, I think.

    The thing that makes it less frustrating is to play as whichever side has the shorter queues. It's waiting in a long queue for a crappy game that makes DbD really frustrating. Or, since survivor queues were really long last night, I played matches as short breaks while doing something else, that way I wasn't "killing time" while waiting in a queue, I was doing stuff that needed to get done and occasionally taking much-needed breaks. The queues were long enough I could get a lot done while it searched for a match.

  • Idk how to make it fun for you, i'm not a fun teacher.

    I just play how i want and i'm not bored yet.

  • Yeah if you get steamrolled don't always bother going to the gates, just walk around and kick pallets, close the hatch etc etc, usually if you got looped all game you are maxed out on chase anyway.

    If you steamroll sometimes you kill everyone sometimes you give the hatch. The key to fun in this game is to take the focus off 'winning'.

    As a behavioural ecologist I look at it from an evolutionary predator-prey perspective, (also I really only play killer), 75% to 80% of hunts are unsuccessful in nature, so as killer I expect to 4k 1 in 4 games at best and possibly 0k in the rest. With that in mind I go hunt and savor every lil success. The rest of the time I smack people, practice my looping and mindgames against strong survivors. If I get a bully squad I farm the points I can from them and then go make a cup of tea. I couldn't really give a damn about outcome, rank or the opinions of other players. That way this game is always fun. (also by not sweating and quitting early from the losses, my games have gone to a 50/50 3-4k vs 0-2k even when frequently paired against red ranks as a green).

    You can always snowball a 4k in the egc so its never over (these wins are the saltiest hehe). That's how I have fun with it anyway. It's a game play it as such.

  • Camping is always fun, as killer or survivor. Don't let anyone else convince you otherwise.

  • GaMe Is HaRd AS KilLeR