When are Grabs going to be fixed?

I am very surprised that this hasn’t been brought up much. The amount of time that grabs do not work is very frustrating. The survivor vaults were an amazing change, I thought grabs would’ve had a look at too but sadly no.

Comments

  • Grabs are ridiculous no matter the side. Dont know how often i let go of a gen and still got grabbed, or even got grabbed after an unhook or vault.

  • This has been brought up in several threads and the devs have confirmed they’re working on recoding how they work, since the current code was made for P2P and now Dedicated. The most recent thread I can think of is one titled “Do killer bugs ever get fixed”.

  • And pallets? Wow, the number of times I totally dropped the pallet in time, the killer has the stun animation, yet it is still a hit. Ridiculous.

  • They have recode the grabs for dedicated servers. I’d expect a fix around the end of 2020 or beginning of 2021.

  • Yeah the grabs have been messed up for months. It's related to dedicated server ping. Who knows how long it's gonna take to get fixed. You get denied a lot of grabs currently.

  • And despite being knowledgeable about the bugs, every Tome has included grab challenges.

  • It's hella frustrating especially as most tome challenges require you to do it almost like you can't fully complete the rift unless you farm.

    BTW I got a survivor challenge done when a killer dced just putting that info out there lol

  • Really hoping this will be worked on before the rift closes...I know I'll get too frustrated to even try for Seizing Discord right now

  • Grabs are super weird.

    Posted a thread yesterday about a time when I grabbed someone mid-hook rescue and they ended up on my shoulder but the unhook also finished. 😂

  • @Mat_Sella said:

    And despite being knowledgeable about the bugs, every Tome has included grab challenges.

    At this point, I think the Archive team either doesn’t play DBD or has access to a build where grabs actually work. Why else would they keep adding challenges that involve a broken mechanic?

  • For those who are trying to do the Tome grab challenges, instead of using GF or Myers, try doing it with Hag with Ming Rag and Rusty Shackles. Place traps at gens/hex totems and when the trap triggers, teleport and claim your free grab. It's a lot less frustrating than hoping you don't get cucked by dedicated servers.

  • Nobody mention about deadhard in dedicated servers?

    I mean you activate it and get exhausted and still you get hit. Almost same worst as grabs