Option to not get Bloodlust?

Bloodlust screws me over more than it helps me. Sometimes my frames drop so hard that I lose my chase. Is it possible that maybe in the future there can be an on and off switch for Killers?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • No, you can't opt out of game mechanics nor will ever be able to, that's just silly. You could try finding out why your framerate drops so much, though.

  • cut the chase playing with the camera

    you can follow it without having to focus directly, a main from the old legion could help you

  • @Orion said:

    No, you can't opt out of game mechanics nor will ever be able to, that's just silly. You could try finding out why your framerate drops so much, though.

    My frames drop during bloodlust because I'm on console. If you're not a console player you won't understand.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1332564#Comment_1332564

    My frames drop during bloodlust because I'm on console. If you're not a console player you won't understand.

    Why wouldn't I understand? Do you think PC players don't experience framerate drops, ever?

    Anyway, this is an issue for the devs to solve. Your solution, such as it is, is a band-aid.

  • @Cius said:

    cut the chase playing with the camera

    you can follow it without having to focus directly, a main from the old legion could help you

    Thanks for the tip. 💜

    Although I will say that I don't think this would help,& I've been waiting for an optimization patch for a long time. This is precisely one of the reasons I don't like to play Killer. Not only am I bad, but first person + frame rate drops = kill me pls.

  • They'd have to rebalance pallets first and add at least some kind of mindgame to them. Since killers would just hold w and break every pallet as soon as it's thrown

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1332607#Comment_1332607

    Why wouldn't I understand? Do you think PC players don't experience framerate drops, ever?

    Anyway, this is an issue for the devs to solve. Your solution, such as it is, is a band-aid.

    That was my thought process indeed, considering the game seems more optimized on that platform. But I don't play on PC as said above so I wouldn't know.


    And I am aware this is an issue for the devs to solve, which is why I made a possible suggestion. Band-aid or not, input is input and a suggestion is better than no one talking about it at all.

  • @HellDescent said:

    They'd have to rebalance pallets first and add at least some kind of mindgame to them. Since killers would just hold w and break every pallet as soon as it's thrown

    I could see how this would need to be tweaked. If I'm not mistaken, bloodlust is broken once the Killer breaks a pallet during a chase?

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1332616#Comment_1332616

    That was my thought process indeed, considering the game seems more optimized on that platform. But I don't play on PC as said above so I wouldn't know.

    And I am aware this is an issue for the devs to solve, which is why I made a possible suggestion. Band-aid or not, input is input and a suggestion is better than no one talking about it at all.

    There are literally millions of other games. Anyone who plays games even casually will have experienced framerate drops at some point in their lives.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1332649#Comment_1332649

    There are literally millions of other games. Anyone who plays games even casually will have experienced framerate drops at some point in their lives.

    Good talk, but I'd rather not go back and forth if you don't have any constructive feedback/ideas. I won't allow you to derail my thread from the overall subject either.


    Take care.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1332680#Comment_1332680

    Good talk, but I'd rather not go back and forth if you don't have any constructive feedback/ideas. I won't allow you to derail my thread from the overall subject either.

    Take care.

    There's nothing to do except wait for the devs to optimize the game on console. My point was simply that you shouldn't say PC players "won't understand" something as basic as framerate drops.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1332642#Comment_1332642

    I could see how this would need to be tweaked. If I'm not mistaken, bloodlust is broken once the Killer breaks a pallet during a chase?

    It is.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1332564#Comment_1332564

    My frames drop during bloodlust because I'm on console. If you're not a console player you won't understand.

    I am on console too (normal PS4) and i never have any Problems with Bloodlust.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1332691#Comment_1332691

    There's nothing to do except wait for the devs to optimize the game on console. My point was simply that you shouldn't say PC players "won't understand" something as basic as framerate drops.

    I believe the point op was making was that console players will probably experience frame drops more often than pc players since dbd is better optimized on pc.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1332607#Comment_1332607

    I am on console too (normal PS4) and i never have any Problems with Bloodlust.

    I experience this issue on ps4 a lot personally.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1332607#Comment_1332607

    Why wouldn't I understand? Do you think PC players don't experience framerate drops, ever?

    Anyway, this is an issue for the devs to solve. Your solution, such as it is, is a band-aid.

    All the OP was asking for a solution to an issue that we get on console.

    It’s well known that console has more frequent FPS drops than PC does so no you DON’T understand how bad FPS drops are on console DBD specifically unless you’ve played on console yourself. Sure PC players get FPS drops but not to the extent of console players.

    It’s so bad that it’ll turn your character around and you’ll lose track of the survivor. It’ll freeze your entire screen for a second or two. Which is why players either want an option to turn it off or for console to be optimized (which who knows when that’ll happen).

    And how is the OP’s solution a band-aid mechanic? Bloodlust itself is a band-aid mechanic that was implemented to deal with infinites, strong windows, and pallet loops. If players rely on bloodlusting pallets and windows for kills then that is a band-aid mechanic. Opting out of bloodlust is literally the opposite of a band-aid mechanic.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1332691#Comment_1332691

    There's nothing to do except wait for the devs to optimize the game on console. My point was simply that you shouldn't say PC players "won't understand" something as basic as framerate drops.

    Don't understand whats so offensive about what I assumed. As said above, which you fail to acknowledge for some odd reason, I don't play PC so yes, it was my initial (hint: the word "initial") thought that because how optimized the game is on PC, PC players experience significantly less frame drops than console on DBD. All those "millions of games" you decided to throw into the mix are irrelevant to my thread. Not interested in the back and forth, please respect that.


    Thank you.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1332607#Comment_1332607

    I am on console too (normal PS4) and i never have any Problems with Bloodlust.

    Lucky. You don't get to suffer like the majority of us.

    💜

  • @HellDescent said:

    They'd have to rebalance pallets first and add at least some kind of mindgame to them. Since killers would just hold w and break every pallet as soon as it's thrown

    Most do have mindgames, aside from god pallets and the infamous Hawkins and Dead Dawg Saloon pallets. I personally wouldn't mind if every single pallet had a mindgame, and some weren't survivor/killer sided.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1332642#Comment_1332642

    Most do have mindgames, aside from god pallets and the infamous Hawkins and Dead Dawg Saloon pallets. I personally wouldn't mind if every single pallet had a mindgame, and some weren't survivor/killer sided.

    I agree with this. Although, I am a harsh victim of a mindgaming. I find it more fun when a Killer mindgames a pallet personally though.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1332851#Comment_1332851

    I agree with this. Although, I am a harsh victim of a mindgaming. I find it more fun when a Killer mindgames a pallet personally though.

    Same, I love it. But when there's literally no mindgame because the pallets are ridiculously unsafe, I hate it as both sides. It's just a free hit at that point.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1332906#Comment_1332906

    Same, I love it. But when there's literally no mindgame because the pallets are ridiculously unsafe, I hate it as both sides. It's just a free hit at that point.

    Indeed, indeed.

    Makes the chase more flavorful lol, and yes unsafe pallets aren't very satisfying to me unless I'm chasing a sandbagger and want them BAD. Then it works in my favor ^_^

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1332910#Comment_1332910

    Indeed, indeed.

    Makes the chase more flavorful lol, and yes unsafe pallets aren't very satisfying to me unless I'm chasing a sandbagger and want them BAD. Then it works in my favor ^_^

    Yeah, I can take an L if I was actually outsmarted and not killed because of bad game design.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1332564#Comment_1332564

    My frames drop during bloodlust because I'm on console. If you're not a console player you won't understand.

    I play on an original Xbox One and I don't think I've ever noticed frame drops when entering Bloodlust.

  • @Orion said:

    No, you can't opt out of game mechanics nor will ever be able to, that's just silly. You could try finding out why your framerate drops so much, though.

    Lol I wanna opt out of bleeding, leaving scratchmarks and being injured. For yknow frame rate issues

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1332642#Comment_1332642

    Most do have mindgames, aside from god pallets and the infamous Hawkins and Dead Dawg Saloon pallets. I personally wouldn't mind if every single pallet had a mindgame, and some weren't survivor/killer sided.

    On most of the pallets with long and short wall mindgame becomes possible after killer gains bloodlust 1. Otherwise survivor can just go for a loop around it, vault it and repeat this infinitely until killer breaks it. Also killer would be wasting too much time playing the pallet and hoping that survivor messes up rather then breaking it.

  • @emptyCups said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1332564#Comment_1332564

    Lol I wanna opt out of bleeding, leaving scratchmarks and being injured. For yknow frame rate issues

    The difference is that bloodlust quite actively causes frame rate drop issues. My frames personally never drop from bleeding or scratch marks.

  • Didn't bloodlust come out when infinites truly existed and for that very reason? I think it is time that feature is removed because it rewards bad killers and punishes good survivors.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Didn't bloodlust come out when infinites truly existed and for that very reason? I think it is time that feature is removed because it rewards bad killers and punishes good survivors.

    It stayed because the devs want survivors to go down within a certain amount of time. Same reason Decisive Strike was buffed to a 5-second stun because Enduring used to affect it, but even after Enduring ceased to affect it it remained as a 5-second stun.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1333684#Comment_1333684

    It stayed because the devs want survivors to go down within a certain amount of time. Same reason Decisive Strike was buffed to a 5-second stun because Enduring used to affect it, but even after Enduring ceased to affect it it remained as a 5-second stun.

    I can see the analogy. As for decisive, anything less than 5 secs wouldn't be punishment for tunneling. I remember the 3 sec DS, a killer purposely tunneled with enduring because they could literally hit you as soon as you landed back on the floor.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1333688#Comment_1333688

    I can see the analogy. As for decisive, anything less than 5 secs wouldn't be punishment for tunneling. I remember the 3 sec DS, a killer purposely tunneled with enduring because they could literally hit you as soon as you landed back on the floor.

    Without Enduring, though, the devs said it was long enough, which makes me wonder why they decided to keep it at 5 seconds.

    PS: DS does not punish tunneling, it punishes picking up the same survivor inside 60 seconds. Doesn't matter if the survivor is fully healed, doesn't matter if the killer downed someone else, doesn't even matter if the killer hooked multiple people. That's not an anti-tunneling perk, that's just a "don't pick me up again for 60 seconds or get stunned" perk. Anyway, this thread isn't about DS, so let's move on.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1333706#Comment_1333706

    Without Enduring, though, the devs said it was long enough, which makes me wonder why they decided to keep it at 5 seconds.

    PS: DS does not punish tunneling, it punishes picking up the same survivor inside 60 seconds. Doesn't matter if the survivor is fully healed, doesn't matter if the killer downed someone else, doesn't even matter if the killer hooked multiple people. That's not an anti-tunneling perk, that's just a "don't pick me up again for 60 seconds or get stunned" perk. Anyway, this thread isn't about DS, so let's move on.

    I still disagree. I hardly use head-on because 3 secs feels like nothing. If they reduced the timer, tunneling would be easy to do.

  • @HellDescent said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1332851#Comment_1332851

    On most of the pallets with long and short wall mindgame becomes possible after killer gains bloodlust 1. Otherwise survivor can just go for a loop around it, vault it and repeat this infinitely until killer breaks it. Also killer would be wasting too much time playing the pallet and hoping that survivor messes up rather then breaking it.

    Those ones should become less safe tbh, I can definitely see why you'd want that.