So devs yall kinda...lied hardcore when talking about the store.

So I kinda wanna hear an official statement on why you guys lied when it came to announcing the store? You guys claimed "Cosmetics would be 20% purchase only and you can earn 80% with shards!" Well I did the math for each character when it came to shard cosmetics and cell only

Dwight: 30% of cosmetics are cells only

Meg: 40% of cosmetics are cells only

Claudette: 33% of cosmetics are cells only

Jake: 33% of cosmetics are cells only

Nea: 31% of cosmetics are cells only

Ace: 38% of cosmetics are cells only

Feng: 31% of cosmetics are cells only

David: 27% of cosmetics are cells only

Kate: 21 or 28% (I own all of kate's and couldn't remember if tokyo headliner was shards or not) of cosmetics are cells only

Adam: 16% of cosmetics are cells only

Jeff: 15% of cosmetics are cells only

Jane: 28% of cosmetics are cells only

Yui: 16% of cosmetics are cells only

Zarina: 25% of cosmetics are cells only


And thats just survivors. Now this shows all except 3 survivors are well over the 20% mark with the earlier survivors having a huger difference than the newer ones. Now lets move onto killers.

Trapper: 30% of cosmetics are cells only

Wraith 21% of cosmetics are cells only

Hillbilly: 46% of cosmetics are cells only

Nurse: 31% of cosmetics are cells only

Hag: 28% of cosmetics are cells only

Doctor: 29% of cosmetics are cells only

Huntress: 55% of cosmetics are cells only

Clown: 57% of cosmetics are cells only

Spirit: 26% of cosmetics are cells only

Legion: 30% of cosmetics are cells only

Plague: 23% of cosmetics are cells only

Oni: 25% of cosmetics are cells only

Deathslinger: 18% of cosmetics are cells only.


So it seems overall the more popular a character is the more cell only cosmetics they'll have which is kinda dumb since you guys said yourself only 20% of cosmetics would be cell only.

Now you can say "Well they meant 20% of ALL cosmetics would be cell only!" Well luckily I did the math on that too. Out of the 401 outfits in the game and there is 122 cells only cosmetics (discluding liscensed character cosmetics btw) which means 30% of cosmetics are cells only. "Its only 10% its not that big of a difference." well actually a 42 outfit difference so it technically is. Point is BHVR add more shards only cosmetics it 100% will not kill you I promise.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I guess I'm alright with cells only cosmetics, as long as like 40% of all cosmetics don't consist of cells only. I just hate the prices. $10 for one cosmetic set for a character, is stupid. And the worst part is people support it, so it's never going to change. I get the devs have to get their money, but to me $10 is still a lot. And around 30% of all cosmetics in total, more for some characters than others, are $10.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1332335#Comment_1332335

    I dont believe they're greedy by any means. I just wish they hadn't made the very vocal point of "It'll only be 20% dont worry!" then completely gone back on that.

    @Fibijean said:

    Just for the record, so we're all operating on accurate information, here is exactly what they said when they released the Store:

    "When Chapter 8 releases, we are creating 4 different “tiers” of outfits (common, uncommon, rare, very rare). All the outfits are accessible with Auric Cells and about 80% of them are unlockable with Iridescent Shards. And you always get to buy exactly what you want."

    Notice they say that about 80% of the outfits are unlockable with shards. Present tense. In other words, they're talking about the cosmetics available when the Store was released, and no promises for the future were made regarding pricing. I can understand why some people may have interpreted it differently, and if you want to argue that more cosmetics should be available for shards that's fine, but in context it doesn't look to me like they "lied" about anything.

    https://deadbydaylight.com/en/news/our-store-philosophy

    So @kate_best_girl since we have the quote where they say it would be 20% at release, can you point us toward the quote where they VERY VOCALLY STRESSED that they planned on it being 20-80 ratio going forward as well?

  • At the end of the day they are a business so I have no problem with the store. They need a way for continuous revenue to keep the game alive.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    At the end of the day they are a business so I have no problem with the store. They need a way for continuous revenue to keep the game alive.

    They could literally put out a thousand outfits I wouldn’t care, unless the store becomes some sort of in game advantage I have no problem with them making money either

  • @MyersxKate said:

    Wait for legendary skins, the things that will cost as much as the base game

    So... don’t... buy... them?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1332149#Comment_1332149

    There's a big difference between "lied" and "changed their minds". According to @BBQnDemogorgon, the statement regarding the split was made two years ago. Are they not allowed to change their minds? They also had no plans for crossplay, if I'm not mistaken, but I don't hear anyone complaining that they "lied" about that.

    Cross play can be toggled on or off.

    Also it's not a false advertisement.

    Anything regarding price is.

  • You miss the fact that since the released the store that patches became bigger and things got changed way faster than usual. They fixed vaults within 1 year. Imagine a bug like this in 2k16. it wouldve taken 3 years.

    They expanded their team drastically. And they improved other the years. And I bet that if they had even more they could hire on even more people and do way more changes even faster than now.

  • @BloodMoneyMerc said:

    I don't care for exactness on the 20/80 split. But for characters like Huntress, Hillbilly, Clown, & Ace, they deserve more shard-purchaseable outfits. Potentially, they could open up some older cosmetics to become shard-purchaseable. They should also stop focusing so hard on outfits for the same few characters. Like Yui is relatively new & already has more cosmetics than Adam. They should give underplayed characters a bit of love to entice people to start playing them more, though from a business standpoint I guess you would want to give love to the most popular characters.

    ^ THIS


    I only bought ghostface simply because I liked one of his skins. his perks are bad his power is meh, but he had a skin that i liked so i bought him lmao.

  • @BloodMoneyMerc said:

    I don't care for exactness on the 20/80 split. But for characters like Huntress, Hillbilly, Clown, & Ace, they deserve more shard-purchaseable outfits. Potentially, they could open up some older cosmetics to become shard-purchaseable. They should also stop focusing so hard on outfits for the same few characters. Like Yui is relatively new & already has more cosmetics than Adam. They should give underplayed characters a bit of love to entice people to start playing them more, though from a business standpoint I guess you would want to give love to the most popular characters.

    I think it’s an ugly cycle. They release cosmetics for popular characters because the more people that use that character the more sells they can expect. Then that character gets played more because it has rhe new cool skin, rinse repeat

  • True but I don't care since 95% of cosmetics doesn't fit in my style (Thanks for the Dickless Dwight. I'm still waiting for boobless everyone)

  • @EntityDrudge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1332163#Comment_1332163

    Cross play can be toggled on or off.

    Also it's not a false advertisement.

    Anything regarding price is.

    Doesn't matter if it can be toggled on or off, they said they had no plans for it, therefore they "lied", according to this stringent definition that doesn't allow people to change their minds.

    Furthermore, we've already established that they didn't even say what @kate_best_girl said they had. They spoke in the present tense, referring to the store as it was going to open. They never said it would be that way forever.

  • @shwag said:

    I stopped buying cosmetics, rift passes and not getting the new dlc when it drops.

    The game and devs have let me down a lot, mind you I like the game but I also like a lot of issues on both sides of the player base to be addressed so until I see some actual fixes and not just a soon and i am not spending.

    Mind you I still will never support the rift passes feel greedy.

    I spent a lot of cash on this game over the past few years on all the dlc, cosmetics and the two rift passes. The free track is an empty joke and the charms are garbage and a waste of cash.

    I feel ya on the lack of shard cosmetics and it's a shame but I understand they need to make money but I highly doubt they are hurting money wise with 4 major platforms worth of whales spending money on all this stuff.

    Feels greedy, looks greedy, is greedy. Dems the facts.

    okay but how did the devs let you down? Also, the rift is only ten dollars if you finish the whole pass so you can the next rift. So in away most of the rift is free.

  • @DeadByMittens said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1332027#Comment_1332027

    okay but how did the devs let you down? Also, the rift is only ten dollars if you finish the whole pass so you can the next rift. So in away most of the rift is free.

    I have never been able to finish any rift so far I work 60 plus hours a week and have three kids,

    As for the let me down part match making being god awful, crappy useless perks every new chapter and a lot of the old perks hold no value as well.

    Balance issues across the board.

    Plenty of other people have also pointed this out in other threads.

  • @johnmwarner This type of stuff should start seeing a little bit of change with the Rift outfits they are creating. With the most recent rift for example, they gave Adam a skin (in my opinion the best survivor skin from that Rift). They just need to keep giving these underused characters skins that will make people consider playing them. Jeff for example might have the weakest cosmetics in the game & it doesn't help his reputation that he's the guy that came alongside Legion. So give him something awesome looking because he is currently the worst designed survivor & maybe you'll see a small increase in Jeff players.

1 2 ›