Played killer again for the first time in a while... (Mod appreciation thread)

"#########", said the salty rank 1 survivor (I'm rank 11 as killer) because I got 5 DH tokens and "mori'd" him (along with two other survivors and sacrificed the fourth). The fact that it was DH and not an Ebony Memento Mori made no difference, naturally.

Here's to the mods, for their work in dealing with these people.

EDIT: Not sarcasm, this is a mod appreciation thread. If it weren't for them, these people would've overrun the game and made it impossible to enjoy.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I've once been called a hacker for this because I didn't bring a mori, he was rank 2...

  • Lol, I can kinda understand getting mad over Moris, but DH? That's ridiculous, it's so situational and can be prevented before it even gets value lol, totem spots really screw it. You must be satisfied lol.

  • Yea, that happens a lot. I have to delete like at least 5 comments from my steam profile lol

  • @Poweas said:

    Lol, I can kinda understand getting mad over Moris, but DH? That's ridiculous, it's so situational and can be prevented before it even gets value lol, totem spots really screw it. You must be satisfied lol.

    I was for the first kill because it was one of my dailies (all killer dailies, FML). The chat just made me shrug. Dude was very self-centered, acting like I knew he'd been mori'd 4 times before and only took DH to trigger him personally.

  • another one of those stories... there should really be a forum section for this match/chat experience posts so it doesn’t get stuffed in general discussions.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1328413#Comment_1328413

    I was for the first kill because it was one of my dailies (all killer dailies, FML). The chat just made me shrug. Dude was very self-centered, acting like I knew he'd been mori'd 4 times before and only took DH to trigger him personally.

    Lol, he's probably lying about being mori'd 4 times before. Highly doubt he's that unlucky.

  • @Mooks said:

    another one of those stories... there should really be a forum section for this match/chat experience posts so it doesn’t get stuffed in general discussions.

    I intended for people to focus on the part applauding the mods who have to deal with this #########.

  • Just report them dude.

    The devs definitely ban people, and if you report this person, and then another person is just as awful it doesn't mean the first person wasn't banned.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1328440#Comment_1328440

    Lol, he's probably lying about being mori'd 4 times before. Highly doubt he's that unlucky.

    It doesn't matter either way, I have no idea who he is and wouldn't change my loadout just to trigger one person, that's just silly.

  • @Seanzu said:

    Just report them dude.

    The devs definitely ban people, and if you report this person, and then another person is just as awful it doesn't mean the first person wasn't banned.

    I did. Again, I intended for people to focus on applauding the mods instead of the story itself, that's why there are so few details.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1328448#Comment_1328448

    I did. Again, I intended for people to focus on applauding the mods instead of the story itself, that's why there are so few details.

    I honestly read "Here's to the mods, for their work in dealing with these people" as sarcasm, so that's my bad.

  • @yourfavcampingbubba said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1328448#Comment_1328448

    But you know people need to share their experiences, no idea why they do this, we all know how thi community is like damn just stop lol

    Is the last line of the OP invisible or something?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1328445#Comment_1328445

    It doesn't matter either way, I have no idea who he is and wouldn't change my loadout just to trigger one person, that's just silly.

    People are weird sometimes. I had a game as Spirit last month, first game back (but I was rank 8 since I bashed Oni a lot), and someone accused me of being on a smurf account and being bad? I stomped his team btw, so idek how I was 'bad' to him, or how I am this completely different person he mistook me for. When I demanded an explanation he just left lol.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1328444#Comment_1328444

    I intended for people to focus on the part applauding the mods who have to deal with this #########.

    that seemed like a small mentioning and not the main point..

    which mods do you mean though? Those from Behaviour that will look into the reports of end-game-chat abuse?

    would be cool to know that the report of racist slurs etc worked but I guess that would be too much work for little to no profit.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1328452#Comment_1328452

    I honestly read "Here's to the mods, for their work in dealing with these people" as sarcasm, so that's my bad.

    I edited it, hopefully it'll be clearer.

    If I give someone a specific advice, it's because I do it too or tried it myself at some point or would do it too, if I had their problem. I always tell people to report ######### like this guy because I also always report ######### like this guy.

  • @yourfavcampingbubba said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1328457#Comment_1328457

    Still was the point of sharing this?

    Idk maybe they should create a sub categorie for this, I thought this was another of those "surv bad killer victim" history, my bad.

    To show my appreciation to the mods. The story is there to provide context.

    @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1328446#Comment_1328446

    that seemed like a small mentioning and not the main point..

    which mods do you mean though? Those from Behaviour that will look into the reports of end-game-chat abuse?

    would be cool to know that the report of racist slurs etc worked but I guess that would be too much work for little to no profit.

    I thought the fact that the story is summarized in the title+2 sentences would indicate it's not the main focus. I edited the OP to make it clearer that this is (supposed to be) a mod appreciation thread.

    I mean the BHVR mods that look into the in-game reports, yes. I don't think they split the types of reports into different teams.

    Trust me, they work.

  • Yeah...

    Had a SWF last night complain, call me some names, and tell me to "play fair next time" because they committed to genrushing so hard that all 4 of them chose to stick a gen to finish it while I vomited on them all as Plague, which pretty much guaranteed they'd get steamrolled from there.

    Yeah, so "unfair".

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1328451#Comment_1328451

    People are weird sometimes. I had a game as Spirit last month, first game back (but I was rank 8 since I bashed Oni a lot), and someone accused me of being on a smurf account and being bad? I stomped his team btw, so idek how I was 'bad' to him, or how I am this completely different person he mistook me for. When I demanded an explanation he just left lol.

    If someone calls you "bad" when you win, they're just projecting.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1328462#Comment_1328462

    To show my appreciation to the mods. The story is there to provide context.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1328463#Comment_1328463

    I thought the fact that the story is summarized in the title+2 sentences would indicate it's not the main focus. I edited the OP to make it clearer that this is (supposed to be) a mod appreciation thread.

    I mean the BHVR mods that look into the in-game reports, yes. I don't think they split the types of reports into different teams.

    Trust me, they work.

    Well, the title should contain the main point somehow, shouldn’t it? And we all know how fast a thread details into „killer vs survivor“-territory

    yeah I know they do something, but it would be kind of „satisfying“ to get some kind of notification. But as I said, I understand why they don’t do it

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1328470#Comment_1328470

    Well, the title should contain the main point somehow, shouldn’t it? And we all know how fast a thread details into „killer vs survivor“-territory

    yeah I know they do something, but it would be kind of „satisfying“ to get some kind of notification. But as I said, I understand why they don’t do it

    Already edited the title.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1328456#Comment_1328456

    I edited it, hopefully it'll be clearer.

    If I give someone a specific advice, it's because I do it too or tried it myself at some point or would do it too, if I had their problem. I always tell people to report ######### like this guy because I also always report ######### like this guy.

    You know, for bassicly being an Old One of the forums, you really should have seen it coming that people would only read the title and not the actual post itself :p

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1328464#Comment_1328464

    You know, for bassicly being an Old One of the forums, you really should have seen it coming that people would only read the title and not the actual post itself :p

    Fair enough. Now bow down, mortal.

  • EEEYYYYYY!!!

    A fellow DH'er!

    ✋😄

  • @Boss said:

    EEEYYYYYY!!!

    A fellow DH'er!

    ✋😄

    On some killers, sure.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I had a survivor earlier today complain about the Huntress using an aimbot. Also using aura reading hacks (I guess).

    This was after I ran this Huntress (who had Iridescent heads with infantry belt btw) around for 8 minutes until she finally just gave up and went to look for the Nea who was very poorly urban evading around everywhere looking for the hatch.

    30 minute game and I got 28k points and she had 7k (the Meg who died 25 minutes earlier had more points than her).

    I don't think it was aimbot and aura reading hacks that got you killed, sweetheart. As if a Nea crouching around with fluorescent pink hair is hard to miss on Pale Rose after she alerted the fifty-billion crows on the ship and wondered why the hell the Huntress went there to look for her. *sigh*

    What rank was the Nea, just for the sake of stereotypes?