Why do survivors run inside the gates?
Just why? Everyone is at the gate, no one is being chased so why do don't you just leave? Do you just like tormenting the killer?
Just why? Everyone is at the gate, no one is being chased so why do don't you just leave? Do you just like tormenting the killer?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Yeah, that's exactly why.
Yes, they just like tormenting the killer. If the killer goes there he gets punished with a "lost chase", while they get rewarded with a "won chase". Of course, they like to pretend it's innocent ("to give killers some points", or "to get some more points", or whatever).
if the EGC is active dont go to the gates just run around the map you may find hatch pallets to break and get some extra points dont go to the doors to see taht extra toxicity dont give them the chance. because is exactly that.
I never go to the gate when I know there's no way I can down and hook anyone else. It's sad when they stay there for the entirety of the EGC. You'd think they'd want to hurry up and get in the long queue for the next time. It wastes little of my time, I get a match instantly when I press triangle
I had a guy once find the hatch as the last survivor with two gens left. I knew he found it cause he was noise spamming. I stood in the corner. He noise spammed for a minute straight, then went and did the two gens, opened the gates, and stood in the gates for the entire EGC. Imagine being that dedicated to giving an F you after your team lost
Why not close hatch after he did the 4th gen?
to buy time for the team/to scout a possible noed.
I said "everyone was at the gate" what exactly are you scouting?
Unless I am being chased out or reasonably fear Blood Warden or NOED, I try not to leave until I know all remaining survivors are safe and accounted for, because the killer can see that someone has exited, and they know for a fact that one less player is around to go for a hook save or whatever. By staying in the game, I force the killer to account for my presence, even if I am not actively going for a save. And if I'm near the gate and an injured survivor is running for it, I can bodyblock if need be.
I don't teabag or any of that nonsense, though. Once everyone is safe and accounted for, I'm out.
There are of course many surv that do this to taunt the killer.
i only do it when there is/may be a survival in match that might need help. Or to give the killer a last hit (maybe for daily or achievement, I had some Billys/Ghost Faces thank me afterwards for it)
Get some extra bps by smacking them
I was AFK lol. I came back to find the game still going with the EGC timer running
When I play survivor, whatever the killer does never bugs me as I also play killer and know the game is heavily stacked in favor of the survivors. If they camp, I get it - sometimes it's the only way to get anything at all done. I just do gens and continue as normal.
It's also why I never BM as a survivor - you're pretty much supposed to win if you played even halfway decently.
When I play killer and see any kind of griefing it honestly makes me feel less bad as the kind of person who griefs when they're on the team with the advantage probably needs the win for their self esteem more than I do..