Why does disconnecting as Killer also lock Survivor queue?
The disconnect penalty is supposed to give time for the player to cool down. If the reason I'm upset is because of the Survivor BS then it makes sense that I should take a break from Killer. Why is it, then, that my Survivor queue is also locked? Survivor games are different from Killer games; I don't have to worry about Survivor BS while playing as Survivor. Why can't I just play Survivor to "cool off" until I can play Killer again?
Otherwise, why not collab with every other game developer out there and have this disconnect penalty apply to ALL games, if you're so worried that I'll be so disruptive of others? Hell, call my grandmother and tell her not to play any board games with me either.
Comments
It's to penalize habitual disconnecters. Killer queue and survivor queue are not two separate games; they are both Dead by Daylight. If you're ragequitting (for whatever reason), the intent of the system is to punish you as a deterrent to doing that.
So you don't dc it as survivor...If person dc there are usually patterns.
Also, re: your analogy. If your grandmother were playing... I dunno, chess with you, and you were playing the black side and flipped the board in anger, do you think she would be cool playing with you if you agreed to play the white side instead?
If I rage quit because Dwight doubles back and runs through my flailing chainsaw without getting hit, then he makes it to every pallet and every window with perfect timing, and then he jumps into a locker just when I think he's out of position for a down... That's a 1-time rage, not a pattern. I'm not about to go into a Survivor match and disconnect again, because there is no Dwight pulling such BS (at least, not against me).
I'm not in Australia and my Survivor Rank is different from my Killer Rank, so I wouldn't even be playing with or against the same people. And if the white team in Chess gets to make 4x more moves per game than black then they are not the same.
I think you are missing my point, while also trying to rationalize your ragequitting. I am confident that you understand why the leaver penalty exists as-is.
If it is a one-time thing as you described above, it's a five-minute penalty. This hill is not worth dying on.
If that made you rage quit. I don't even want to imagine what you'd do if killer hits you when you're on the other side of a pallet, then you're exhausted from dead hard on the ground and end up on the hook. Camped, saved, then tunneled again.
I have no reason to rage-quit as Survivor. Survivors can run through flailing chainsaws without Dead Hard. They're invincible.
You should write a book about that. But you will still get punished for dcing.
Because a lot of the time someone who DCs over silly reasons like "I disagree with how I went down" are likely to also be the sort of person that DCs over equally silly reasons like "I lost a survivor" or "I went for a hilariously greedy basement hook and someone bodyblocked". It's like how someone who acts like a twat as one role probably also does it as the other.
That's the sort of players that rack up big DC penalties more than anyone else (besides people with incredibly unstable connections, but they should probably try to fix that if you ask me). People that occasionally disconnect probably won't end up with a cooldown long enough to make them straight up stop playing for the day, waiting 5-15 minutes isn't the end of the world. But they're not the primary "targets" of DC penalties in the first place.
Why shouldn't it? A DC's a DC.
It's also like a lot of other online games- take Paladins for example. You leave a game of Seige you can bet you're not being allowed to queue up for Ranked for Payload or Onslaught or TDM or even training until that penalty expires. They're different game modes sure, like survivor is different from killer, but they're still the same game and you quitting one means you're more likely to quit the other.
Plus, if you're frustrated from killer, ANY BS that happens when you play survivor can and will tilt you and make you far more likely to disconnect again, ruining a further 4 people's experiences.
The player disconnects, the player gets the punishment.
Seems right to me. Switching the roles does not make you another person.
The same reason as if your parents ground you from your PC, they're not going to just let you play on your Xbox until your grounding is over.
You did a bad thing, so you're grounded. No cutting corners.