Mixed feeling on the claudette contest skin

so its nice claudette is getting a new skin, its different from her others which is great however...

my issue with it is i feel every female cosmetic tends to be about having less clothes on, always in some crop top showing off their waist and belly... not to mention she has a thong so damn high up it always feels like its forced on teh female characters.

on the other hand its different like i said which is good! and its also not really dark and may encourage claudettes not to always play blendette and actually use other cosmetics.

PS. id still like a lab coat please

Comments

  • @Han said:

    it's an 18+ game, I think showing some skin is more than ok.

    Lol yeah but how many play it that are not 18 a lot of them, even ones that aren't teens, i think there is more skin in this game then gore! lol

  • Whilst some of the skins are totally unrelated to the character lore, maybe we can make link in other ways.

    It's like David with a Dawn of the Dead festival attire. We don't celebrate that in England...so maybe he was on holiday in Mexico. Who knows.

    But I would rather the store skins were character specific.

  • I don't like the claudette skin at all. It's just trashy imo with the showing thong, without that detail it would look much better. I'll just skip this one if they make it free in the rift or something I'll never use it. Luckily the legion outfit is amazing I can already see some nice combo's with that mask.

  • @Mushwin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1311898#Comment_1311898

    Lol yeah but how many play it that are not 18 a lot of them, even ones that aren't teens, i think there is more skin in this game then gore! lol

    You can also say that about the big AAA games with full nudity like GTA5/Witcher 3.

    DbD is very light on its M rating in gore as well i agree.

  • @Mushwin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1311898#Comment_1311898

    Lol yeah but how many play it that are not 18 a lot of them, even ones that aren't teens, i think there is more skin in this game then gore! lol

    You cannot make 18+ games and then think about "But what if people are playing the game who are not 18+?".

    If this thought would go into the process, we would not be able to have games with Violence, Gore, Nudity or whatever.

  • I didn't know Biker Kate:

    1. Fit her personality and/or Lore
    2. Was more revealing than her base outfit

    🤔

  • @thefallenloser said:

    Even if the clothing on some of the females is "revealing," it usually fits their character. With Claudette's new outfit my issue is that it just... doesn't... like at all. It's like a completely different character could be made from that.

    Ikr? I swear the first time I saw the pictures I couldn't tell who it should represent. I was shocked this should be Claudette. Absolutly doesn't fit.

  • @Mushwin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1311898#Comment_1311898

    Lol yeah but how many play it that are not 18 a lot of them, even ones that aren't teens, i think there is more skin in this game then gore! lol

    Its an 18+ game. Just because there are players who are under that age doesn't mean that, all of a sudden, it isn't an 18+ game and now needs to adhere to the rules of a lower rating.

  • Im just mad Demogorgon in a thong didn't get picked!

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1313211#Comment_1313211

    You cannot make 18+ games and then think about "But what if people are playing the game who are not 18+?".

    If this thought would go into the process, we would not be able to have games with Violence, Gore, Nudity or whatever.

    That wasn't my point just the point was that even though this is an 18 plus game younger ones still play it. :)

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1313211#Comment_1313211

    Its an 18+ game. Just because there are players who are under that age doesn't mean that, all of a sudden, it isn't an 18+ game and now needs to adhere to the rules of a lower rating.

    Again once more i did not mean that. -.-

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1313211#Comment_1313211

    You can also say that about the big AAA games with full nudity like GTA5/Witcher 3.

    DbD is very light on its M rating in gore as well i agree.

    Sarcasm is hard to come about on here, the point was of more flesh then violence in the game.

  • @Mushwin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1313248#Comment_1313248

    That wasn't my point just the point was that even though this is an 18 plus game younger ones still play it. :)

    Yeah, but you cannot go for that when doing any design decisions.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1313954#Comment_1313954

    Yeah, but you cannot go for that when doing any design decisions.

    Is a good thing i don't do design desicions then :)

  • @EmpireWinner said:

    I was surprised that skin won, it doesn't fit claudette's personality at all.

    Would rather prefer a lab coat cosmetic than that.

    I liked the Frog skin someone did for the contest. I think that fit well for a different reason. She's always crouched ready to pop up at any moment lol.

  • @Mushwin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1313238#Comment_1313238

    Sarcasm is hard to come about on here, the point was of more flesh then violence in the game.

    And I was saying games like gta and witcher have more flesh full on breast & dongs with sex scenes.


    Both games are meant for adults but have a lot of kids playing. The devs rightfully don't consider that in an M game.


    DbD is very light in comparison to other m rated games

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1313964#Comment_1313964

    And I was saying games like gta and witcher have more flesh full on breast & dongs with sex scenes.

    Both games are meant for adults but have a lot of kids playing. The devs rightfully don't consider that in an M game.

    DbD is very light in comparison to other m rated games

    and i was saying there is more skin then gore in the game, espcially for an 18 i feel this game needs to be a 15, teens have seen.....worse, we all have

  • @AshleyWB said:

    It just feels like the winners were just easy/more capable to make into a cosmetic than other complicated ones like the Nea Viper snake cosmetic which had extraordinary detail and flair about it. I've only seen a handful of entries but the winning ones I'm not a fan of at all.

    Having said that the winners deserve credit for sharing their creativity in a sea of close competition.

    Actually as a Claudette main I love the new outfit! :) 💗🥰

  • isnt the point of a skin to vary off from the personality of the survivor?

    Some people like looking attractive in a match, that is why shirtless david was such a hit.

  • Tell me about it

    I didn't submit my idea because I conssidered it "too basic" and then this claudette skin and I am wondering… how?

    Not because it's revealing or anything but because it's basic and doesn't seem to fit claudette personality

  • @Booper_Of_Snoot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1311803#Comment_1311803

    All the jane outfits look the same, and the only one that had was a bad imo artstyle and a shawl. Overall its obvious the only reason the claude was picked was sex appeal, and legion because my god why not add another legion skin?

    Most people actually liked that skin and were saying if anything the Legion skin should make it into the game. It's an awesome skin.

  • @Ihateyou said:

    I'd also like to remind everyone that ALTERNATE versions of characters can exist.. i didn't hear anyone complaining about the elephant clown costume.. just because it's not "claudettes personality" doesn't mean she can't wear street style clothing or any different type of outfit

    Yeah but elephant clown is hilarious. It's like Scoops Ahoy Steve, everyone wants to see it in game, it's almost expected at this point.

    I don't really care about the skins, but Claudette doesn't really give off the "Urban Style" vibe.

  • I agree, it doesn't fit her character, and some of the runner-up skins were amazing in comparison.

  • @Mellow7 said:

    Thotdette

    Thongdette

    Speedo david king when?

1 2 ›