Hemorrhage is a useless status effect

I don't get why the devs keep putting Hemorrhage on perks and add-ons. It is a useless status effect. Tracking blood by default is already pretty easy, especially on indoor maps.

Pyramid Head and Freddy BOTH had purple add-ons that inflict Hemmorhage. WHY? There is literally no value for this except for rank 20 killers, and they would still be better served using any other other less rare add-ons.

I firmly believe the devs should just ditch this status effect and make Mangled have you bleed more. Then change any add-ons that do this effect to something else. Oblivious is a really good effect, so is Blindness (although both PH and Freddy have these already).

It's time to start cutting the fat from the game. Hemorrhage is archaic and pointless. It doesn't have any discernible impact on the game.

I know someone is going to come in here and say something like "but it makes tracking easier" to which I reiterate that tracking blood is already easy. Having MORE of it just causes performance issues.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • The game is supposed to be balanced around rank 15s and I think new players might find it useful.

  • the hemmorage status effect is a joke,the fact there are addons with this being the only effect and purple ones makes me wonder if devs have any ideea about what they actually doing..

  • Yes, agreed.

    The Status effect should be made Baseline for certain Killers who have those Add Ons and where it would make sense to be baseline (like Pig, there is a fking Trap attached to the Survivors Jar) and the Status effect itself should be wiped out from every Add On (even if there is no Hemorrhage added to the Basekit).

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Yes, agreed.

    The Status effect should be made Baseline for certain Killers who have those Add Ons and where it would make sense to be baseline (like Pig, there is a fking Trap attached to the Survivors Jar) and the Status effect itself should be wiped out from every Add On (even if there is no Hemorrhage added to the Basekit).

    The extra bleeding should just be an effect of Mangled honestly.

  • The problems is the blood stain is too dark to see, you have to use Blood hound to make Hemorrhage work. And its totally UP compared to nurse calling as tracking injured survivors.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    The problems is the blood stain is too dark to see, you have to use Blood hound to make Hemorrhage work. And its totally UP compared to nurse calling as tracking injured survivors.

    Blood is easy AF to see on all maps except Yamaoka and maybe MacMil. I track blood just fine, without Hemmorhage, on pretty much every map as every killer except Freddy (because Dream World is so dark). But even on the maps where it's hard to see the extra blood doesn't make a difference. It's just worthless.

  • Making them Purple Addons is just a useless point grab.

  • Personally I would add a bonus effect besides dropping more blood, something that could make sense with the added loss of blood. I'm not sure what effect though.

  • I find it weird how high they put these.

    Got Haemorrhage + Mangled on Wraith's Rare Add-on, but only Haemorrhage on Nightmare's & Executioner's Very Rare.

    Got Blindness on Wraith's Uncommon & Executioner's Very Rare.

  • See the thing I can kinda get behind on Z block is that they bleed whilst healthy, which is kinda cool.

    The fact, though, that Cat Block and Z Block, and Sheep Block and U Block, have practically identical effects, pisses me off to no end. Old freddy had some incredibly creative add-ons and now we have... What? Pill bottle?

  • I have an idea for how hemorrhage could be changed. When a survivor is inflicted with the hemorrhage status effect they will gain the deep wounds status effect if not healed within a certain amount of time. Seems like an improvement, plus, you are losing blood like crazy, itd only make sense for some type of bleed out timer to exist in it

  • @ShErMaDeRmA said:

    I have an idea for how hemorrhage could be changed. When a survivor is inflicted with the hemorrhage status effect they will gain the deep wounds status effect if not healed within a certain amount of time. Seems like an improvement, plus, you are losing blood like crazy, itd only make sense for some type of bleed out timer to exist in it

    No we don't need that.

    Just remove it from the game and make it so you bleed more when Mangled. Simple.

  • I agree, hemorrhage is useless above rank 10.

  • @Boss said:

    I find it weird how high they put these.

    Got Haemorrhage + Mangled on Wraith's Rare Add-on, but only Haemorrhage on Nightmare's & Executioner's Very Rare.

    Got Blindness on Wraith's Uncommon & Executioner's Very Rare.

    Hell, Legion can cause blindness for 60 seconds using a common add-on.

  • Hemorrhage is a completely outdated and a near useless status effect. It either needs to be replaced or reworked.

    I thought about baking the Bloodhound effect into it, which would be a start. Not sure if that would even be significant enough to matter much though.

    By the way on this topic, Blindness is also quite outdated and in the vast majority of cases useless as well. It needs improvements or a rework also as you mentioned a little.

    Oblivious is a much more useful effect and I like the idea of switching it in for the Hemorrhage effects as well.

  • Deletion or complete rework of it as a status effect is definitely nessisary. Litterally pointless.

  • Blindness is definitely more useless.

  • They need to rework the status effect. I don't recall a single instance where I used pools of blood to track survivors, unless I was using bloodhound. Maybe make it so that it puts you in an extremely slow timer that downs you when it goes down, unless you are fully healed? That would be nice

  • How about this then?

    Hemorrhage: a survivor aflicted with hemorrhage bleeds more frequently, the blood is brighter and last longer (bassicly Bloodhound)

    Bloodhound rework : you can see the aura of blood within a certain distance (bassicly smelling it)

  • @White_Owl said:

    Personally I would add a bonus effect besides dropping more blood, something that could make sense with the added loss of blood. I'm not sure what effect though.

    Make it so they slowly drain health. Like mend but a touch slower and always draining until healed.

  • @xBEATDOWNSx said:

    Blindness is definitely more useless.

    Blindness is situational but great in those situations. It counters OoO and I had a lot of fun one day running third seal. It def had an impact on swf groups

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1309967#Comment_1309967

    Blood is easy AF to see on all maps except Yamaoka and maybe MacMil. I track blood just fine, without Hemmorhage, on pretty much every map as every killer except Freddy (because Dream World is so dark). But even on the maps where it's hard to see the extra blood doesn't make a difference. It's just worthless.

    It does actually help sometimes when a survivor turns a corner out of your LoS. Normally you would need to look left and right to see which way the blood/scratches go, so you sometimes end up taking a step or 2 in the wrong direction, wasting a second or so. With haemorrhage the bloodpools are so close to each other that you can instantly tell which way you need to turn.

    Is that game changing enough to have a significant impact on a match? No.. Does it justify a purple add-on? Probably not.. Does it have it's uses? Yes, it does.

  • @MadArtillery said:

    Deletion or complete rework of it as a status effect is definitely nessisary. Litterally pointless.

    Deletion makes the most sense. Less is more, and we keep getting new effects all the time. I'd rather not have the clutter on my HUD or the performance hit from the notification.

    @Accullla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1309973#Comment_1309973

    It does actually help sometimes when a survivor turns a corner out of your LoS. Normally you would need to look left and right to see which way the blood/scratches go, so you sometimes end up taking a step or 2 in the wrong direction, wasting a second or so. With haemorrhage the bloodpools are so close to each other that you can instantly tell which way you need to turn.

    Is that game changing enough to have a significant impact on a match? No.. Does it justify a purple add-on? Probably not.. Does it have it's uses? Yes, it does.

    You can tell this with normal bleeding though. It really doesn't help all that much to justify keeping it as it's own status effect and putting it on purple rarity add-ons. Just have it be part of Mangled and change these add-ons to be something ACTUALLY useful.

  • Maybe they can make hemorrhage brighten the blood stains like Bloodhound does. And for Bloodhound, they can change it so you can see blood tracks through walls. It would make perks like Lucky Break more useful.

  • @Cancan71 said:

    Maybe they can make hemorrhage brighten the blood stains like Bloodhound does. And for Bloodhound, they can change it so you can see blood tracks through walls. It would make perks like Lucky Break more useful.

    This seems like a good idea.

  • @Cancan71 said:

    Maybe they can make hemorrhage brighten the blood stains like Bloodhound does. And for Bloodhound, they can change it so you can see blood tracks through walls. It would make perks like Lucky Break more useful.

    I like the idea for Bloodhound, but I don't think brighter blood alone would make Hemorrhage worth it. It needs to have a more prominent effect IMO.

  • @Cancan71 said:

    Maybe they can make hemorrhage brighten the blood stains like Bloodhound does. And for Bloodhound, they can change it so you can see blood tracks through walls. It would make perks like Lucky Break more useful.

    That awkward moment where you make a suggestion, then somebody else makes the exact same suggestion later but they all reply to them instead T-T

  • Im learning that tracking blood in a chase is better than following scratchmarks. The blood doesn't branch out in misleading ways. Scratches are very inconsistent to ne me lately

  • @Boss said:

    I find it weird how high they put these.

    Got Haemorrhage + Mangled on Wraith's Rare Add-on, but only Haemorrhage on Nightmare's & Executioner's Very Rare.

    Got Blindness on Wraith's Uncommon & Executioner's Very Rare.

    Developers must answer to this ASAP otherwise they will be accused of being random regarding add-ons rarities.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1310936#Comment_1310936

    That awkward moment where you make a suggestion, then somebody else makes the exact same suggestion later but they all reply to them instead T-T

    Whoops I didn't see your comment there. Sorry was flicking through the thread and didn't pay close attention to the comments.

    But yeah I think our approach would be the best one as it makes the status effect more useful while making Bloodhound have it's own unique purpose.

  • Another point to make is that Sloppy Butcher only applied hemorrhage at one point and was a useless perk. Only when the perk got buffed with mangled did people start using it. Hemorrhage has been a useless status effect for a long time now.

  • Pretty sure all the Hem add-ons are just there for those who run Bloodhound. I dunno who that is but it's gotta be a sizable amount of Killets for it to persist so strongly.