Tweak ruin, just a little bit
Yes, im three centurys late to the bandwagon but hey. I mean, either way. New ruin is terrible, its only good use is with surveillance. So heres my suggestions
A) Dont make it a hex perk
B) Let it affect blocked gens
Plus, it needs a different affect overall, IDK about anyone else, but ruin is really an incentive to just do gens, why leave if ill lose my progress? A gen regression perk that potentially speeds up gen repairs. Feels pretty contradictory. Then again what do I know
Comments
They nerfed ruin too?
What did I walk back into here? I leave for 7 months and come back to all this? They don't want killers. I've seen the light.
I'll be over playing survivor I guess.
Agree with blocked gens should be able to regress, would make dead man's switch much cooler. Otherwise ruin is decent on some killers, sometimes feels like it works better than the old one if you can interfere with them doing gens enough.
Ruin is decent atm. I remember when it was changed I thought it was crazy still being a hex perk, and this is coming from someone who plays more survivor than killer. However since then I've used it on a few killers and it can be extremely good when applying loads of pressure.
I.e. it's really bad on people like Demogorgan, Trapper and Hag. Extremely good on Legion.
All they need to do is improve some totem spawns. Had a game where it was extremely easy to see, next to a gen where the survivors spawned.. still got a 4k on suffocation pit.
These are from my games last night. It's like a habit now to take SS of it happening.
Seriously I don't get why killers complain about the totem spawns, these are so well hidden and will likely take a while to find /s
If it is an incentive to stay on gens, it is an incentive to let your mates die on hook. Sounds like a fair tradeoff to me from killer POV. Also it is not terrible, it is just not as good on any killer. On Billy, Spirit or Oni it is god like until it is broken. Ever used Ruin with Prayer Beads or Class Photo?
The totem spawn on the edge of the shack will never cease to piss me off
At least you spawned with your totem once ๐
Yeah like how did this pass QA or the design team? Who made that tile and thought that a totem with nothing to hide it on the literal side of a barn wall (basically) would EVER be a good totem spot. Well I guess for Haunted Grounds but that's quite a reach.
You know the funny thing is I think it lasted until near the end of the game lol. Sometimes even when the game is spoon feeding survivors they still won't do the bones.
The problem is that if they don't put totems next to gens then teams will know when looking for a hex to ignore areas with gens.
They need to make the gens totems a lot more hidden.
I've come to the same conclusion. We have to have these absolutely terrible placements, but we can protect them with good debris and stuff around it though so it actually takes longer than 1 second to find it lol.
Some of the spots where I know totems spawn catch me off guard sometimes due to how tight into the corner they are.