Would you use overcharge if survivors couldn't hit the skill check while running?
@Entity_Hugs claims people would. So im curious if hes correct and people would use it if the survivors couldn't hit the skill check while running
Edit: well he got banned so this threads pointless
Comments
Not really. Just so many better perks to use than Overcharge. I mean for one thing, it requires survivors to MISS. For another, you can just run Surveillance to find them MORE RELIABLY. Overcharge is a pretty weak perk.
I wouldn't use it, but I'd Love for them to finally fix it.
Then killers would have a solution to their catastrophic, PTSD inducing "Gen Tapping" situation.
Absolutely. Great combo with surveillance so people can't undo my surveillance kicks in my face.
I dont think survivors should be able to negate regression with a 0.1 second touch when the killer has to invest 3 seconds to kick it. Probably still wouldn't use overcharge though.
no. I find it only helps me on doc 'cause a weirdly-placed or counter-clockwise overcharge skill check is basically a free splode, I wouldn't use it on any other killer as it currently stands. on survivor side I rarely actually hit the floating overcharge skill check anyway cuz I'm too busy y'know.. running away. i don't think solving the 'telekinesis' would do as much as some people think.
I already use it on Doctor, but while this would be a great change, it would take more than this to get me to use it on other Killers.
I would still use it now but i'm looking for pop on the bloodweb since learning about the telepathic skillchecks.
Yes, and I think it's absurd they can do this in the first place.
Probably not. It would still be vastly inferior to PGTW and Surge. I have no room for a perk that does nothing if the survivors pass a skillcheck.
Prob not, but the change would certainly be welcomed
Overcharge going off (exploding) while running wouldn't give the perk added benefit for long.
In most cases survivors don't try to tap a gen while being chased (especially if they know you have Overcharge).
After hitting that first Overcharge and having it explode (if this change did go live) would quickly cause people to do the check rather than simply tap the gen next time.
So while it would be a small QOL to the perk I do not think it would give the perk a boost in any way, nor would I run the perk any more/less than I do now (aside from the initial testing from the change of course).
I don't think I would since my usual build involves the Surge/Surveillance wombo combo. Since Overcharge doesn't interact with Surge, it's just a no from me.
Maybe on doctor. That's about it.