What are some second-chance killer perks?
Okay, so there are a lot of survivor perks that, fairly or not, get called "second-chance perks". I think that's something most people can agree on, regardless of whether or not they actually are second chance perks.
So are there any killer perks that people, specifically survivor mains, consider second chance perks? If so, why? I'm genuinely curious. Other than NOED I've never really considered any killer perk to be a second-chance perk, but maybe I just haven't thought about it enough.
And I don't care if the perk is meta or weak, overpowered and unfair or laughably difficult to activate, all I want to know is: What are the perks that you think give killers a second chance?
Comments
Both sides have their variances of second chance perks, you have to change the definition for both roles though.
That being said, there is a power gap between one sides second chances compared to the other. I think that's pretty self explanatory.
You really can't compare them so easily. It would get very nit picky.
Who said anything about comparing them? (Yeah, I know, half the comments here are trying, but I just wanted to know people's opinions, not communally-agreed facts and catagories)
Because of Unrelenting Tech: the most skillful and op technique in the game that works every time and always gets a hit!
If the survivor don't got a brain and not just starts predropping of course.
I think that killers don't really get "second chance" perks. A more fitting term would be "training wheels", and I honestly can't really find any example of those other than NOED and moris.
It's just kind of sad to see a killer that just isn't particularly skilled at the game get a 4k because he morid people off hook, or relied on NOED to do the job. It's kinda a pet peeve of mine, because I just don't view this game as competitive material, so using second chance perks on survivors or steering wheels on killers just seems redundant.
MIssing a hit is a mess up you can usually recover from. Unrelenting just adds a number value that makes this time slighly longer, because you recover a bit faster. If the survivor was too close to a pallet for you to recover in time, unrelenting usually won't stop them from dropping it either way, unless you bodyblock it, but then unrelenting is irrelevant. It rarely makes any real difference on your ability to recover or not, might only situationally make it a little bit easier, but doesn't really create a second chance.
With Dead Hard it's another story, because you pretty much ignore a hit. You can get mindgamed into running towards the killer on a loop and deny the consequence, because you avoid the hit and reach a pallet or window. You can use it when you're about to be downed and gain enough distance to reach a pallet or window while being impossible to hit. This specific situation doesn't even have a counter, since the only counter for DH that doesn't require specific powers, perks or add-ons (like instadowns and exaustion do) is waiting for the survivor to use it, and waiting would allow you to reach the pallet either way. It makes you succeed on situations you would fail otherwise.
Bitter Murmur - Losing gens reveal survivors.
Cruel Limits - Losing gens block windows.
Nemesis - failing to dodge a pallet stun punish survivor.
Nemesis + Play With Ur Food - speed boost for taking a pallet to face.
Rancor - almost a free kill. One survivor can be left for the end.
Tinkerer - Losing a gen highlights it and removes killers terror radius.
Spirit Fury - no, because killer doesnt have to be stunned to charge it.
Just wanted to correct something here...Tinkerer doesnt activate when the gen is DONE, but rather when its CLOSE to being done.
Thing is endfury needs you to break 2 pallets, and good loopers can extend that. Yes it rewards you for failing, but atleast you have to do something that wastes your time to activate it.
As for BT, DS and DH, you don't need to do anything to activate them except using them in the right scenario.
Regardless, none of them need a nerf imo.
And BT, DS, and DH are all powerful individually. Endurance and Spirit Fury (let's not call the combo "endfury" to make it seem like it's a single perk) take up half the killer's perk slots.
I feel like you have touched upon the difference between killer and survivor second-chance perks: survivor perks aren't earned, they activate. (There are exceptions - Deliverence, for example, but people consider Deliverence to be an extremely weak perk compared to other second chance perks - almost like the Lithe of 1-use perks. Coincidence?)
Killer second chance perks, however, tend to be less powerful and/or more active in their activation requirements (with NOED being the clear exception). And on top of that, they don't work so well together even if someone was to consider all endgame perks to be second-chance perks as well. That is the gist of what I have learned in this discussion, at least.
Also, people REALLY don't like it when you don't clarify what you consider a second chance perk even though you asked for THEIR opinions, but that's neither here nor there I guess.
Not enough perks mitigate or save killer mistakes
To me, second chance perks are perks that help you for failing, with having little to no activation. An example would be Devour Hope vs NoeD. Devour Hope requires you to get hooks while NoeD doesn't.
How is Save The Best For Last a second-chance perk? It rewards you for doing well and punishes you for making a mistake.
Devour Hope as well, I'm curious about that one. Is it because it encourages killers to go for hooks instead of snowballs?
stbfl rewards you for: missing ... counters body blocking by getting super-quick successive hits etc.
devour hope can 360 a game very quickly for a tryharding killer, especially if the map has good totem spawns. Plus I hate any forms of "unworked for" insta downs, it just feels downright cheap.
learn the definition of SECOND CHANCE
Devour hope doesnt activate if you fail only if you do well.
I'm apparently not allowed to share an opinion, nice.
If I said 2+2=5 and someone else corrected me, would they be trying to shut me up, or just correct a faulty assumption on my part?
Make me puke
STBFL only effects hits
Unrelenting effects misses
Edit: also, STBFL countering bodyblocking isn't giving the killer a second chance, that's giving the killer an initial opportunity
Noed, rancor, spirit fury with enduring
thats really it
Keep in mind that literally all of those perks are considered mediocre at best with the exception of Spririt Fury. Hell, only Tinkerer is considered mediocre, the rest are considered trash except under very specific builds
Aside from NOED i'm not really sure there is any perks that could be considered a second chance. Although weak I suppose Unrelenting would count.
Usually, Spirit Fury can be used only once per survivor. I dont say that the perks are strong. Its only my list of perks that I believe apply to the topic
Yes, killer perks are not as game changing as survivor perks.