Why are killers obsessed with 4k??

When I play killer I don't care how many kills, just have fun.

Comments

  • @Anara said:

    When I play killer I don't care how many kills, just have fun.

    It's almost like people might have fun doing different things.

  • The same reason why survivors are so obsessed with all 4 survivors escaping.

  • I suspect it's because an overwhelming victory feels very satisfying.

  • @Anara said:

    When I play killer I don't care how many kills, just have fun.

    Same reason why people like to win at anything.


    Feels good.

    I take it someone beat you and here we are yes?

  • @Anara said:

    When I play killer I don't care how many kills, just have fun.

    It makes their PPs feel bigger.

  • @Anara said:

    When I play killer I don't care how many kills, just have fun.

    Because humans by nature are competitive. It's base instinct to what to be better than anyone. People have different ways to show this though. Some people want the 4k they deserved or they want to escape.

  • Some like the feeling of a 4k, especially when it was deserved. Personally idc because I usually give someone the hatch but at times if someone brings a key with flashlights you bet i’m getting that 4k.

  • In Red Ranks, you pretty much need a 4k to rank up. Blame the Devs not the players... even giving someone hatch and taking a 3k can give us Brutal Killer so we don't rank up

  • I go into the game with the goal of achieving a 4k.

    I won't be a dick about it of course, I'm not gonna slug the last survivor and search the whole map for the last Survivor left standing. But I do like to play this game rather competitively, so a 4k means I beat all four of my opposition during a match. Which feels good, but I will still be okay with just a 3k.

    I'm okay if I get a 1k or a 2k if it's because I got severely outplayed and outclassed in skill. But those matches are rare.

  • @gatsby said:

    In Red Ranks, you pretty much need a 4k to rank up. Blame the Devs not the players... even giving someone hatch and taking a 3k can give us Brutal Killer so we don't rank up

    So true, the higher you rank up, the more concerned you become about 4king.

  • I don't mind the mentality of wanting to get a 4k. Its a good feeling when you kill everyone. But when they go to extremes like dragging a match out with endless slugging trying to get the 4k then it becomes tedious.

  • Because of ranking system it's possible to black pip even with 4k. Not to mention that 4-th kill may be difference between draw and pip.

  • @gatsby said:

    In Red Ranks, you pretty much need a 4k to rank up. Blame the Devs not the players... even giving someone hatch and taking a 3k can give us Brutal Killer so we don't rank up

    Not really.

    If you dont get many Hooks, you might need a 4K.

  • @gatsby said:

    In Red Ranks, you pretty much need a 4k to rank up. Blame the Devs not the players... even giving someone hatch and taking a 3k can give us Brutal Killer so we don't rank up

    You don't need to rank up...there are no rewards and it is purely for matchmaking purposes.

  • 4ks give me more Blood Points.

  • Its just funner for me. The point is to kill the dirty scumbag survivors so i try to kill them,not that hard to understand.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262288#Comment_1262288

    You don't need to rank up...there are no rewards and it is purely for matchmaking purposes.

    Surviviors: Don't kill everyone, you don't need to rank up because it's meaningless.

    Also Survivors: Noooo! You can't just kill me first, I'll lose a pip!!!!

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262330#Comment_1262330

    Surviviors: Don't kill everyone, you don't need to rank up because it's meaningless.

    Also Survivors: Noooo! You can't just kill me first, I'll lose a pip!!!!

    How is any of this related to my comment? Did you quote me by accident?

  • There is a difference between wanted 4k and play normally and tunnel / camp / noed / whatever you want.

    Killers ask survivors to don't run DS BT etc, I do, but killers don't 🤷‍♂️

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262288#Comment_1262288

    You don't need to rank up...there are no rewards and it is purely for matchmaking purposes.

    And it's barely working for matchmaking purposes as it is.

  • I got a pretty nice youtube vid that could answer your question, but I'm not sure about the posting rules with that kind of thing. I usually don't post anything but text.

  • Some people like the Gold Medal, others are happy with a Participation award.

  • I'm fine with just three kills. That's a win for me. Two kills I count as a draw. If I get a 4k, cool. But I won't slug for a 4k unless the survivors are being super annoying.

  • @gatsby said:

    In Red Ranks, you pretty much need a 4k to rank up. Blame the Devs not the players... even giving someone hatch and taking a 3k can give us Brutal Killer so we don't rank up

    Well, I've been playing Nurse, Legion and Huntress games in high purple ranks (I don't play many games per day) against red ranks, and I haven't gotten anything beneath a Ruthless. I let someone open and leave through the exit gate or give the last person the hatch every time, and I also try to avoid people who are on their death hook if there are people who aren't, to give everyone plenty of opportunity to gain points. I usually reach 12 hooks per game (unless I give the last person the hatch, then 11), and people rarely kill themselves on hook or go into struggle from first state on my games.

    It needs to be understood that some killers are not able to passively farm points as well as others, depending on how you play them (with the exception of Plague.... I used to get fair 4ks all the time with her (even M1-ing people who weren't fully infected) and I never achieved a Merciless). Hillbilly is a big example of a killer who HAS to balance using his chainsaw and M1s to get a good amount of points, as using only his chainsaw will most likely not net you enough points to get above a Brutal without getting a 4k.... and even then it's iffy.

    I even played a Nurse game on Wrecker's Yard (yuck) with the matchbox addon (never again) and got Ruthless, because I hooked everyone at least twice, and killed two. You don't HAVE to get the 4k to get points, you just have to get plenty of hooks during the game, because those are the things that give you the big points. 500 points per hook, 200 points per stage. If you wanna get the most points, you have to hook survivors 3 times each for 700 points per hooking!

    (And no, I don't expect people to give me the exit or the hatch at any time, I just do it because I like to)